Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Vorke Z6 / Tanix TX92 Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks Guest for all help!

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing your results!

Guest is it possible to turn/power off LCD display completely ?

i tried to install some vorke services in order to make it work but no luck still display boot

Comment

I finally got it working and was able to use TX9 Pro rom on my Z6 plus, the problem was my USB cables I tried 3 different cables and nothing worked until I used a USB 3 cable.
      Thank you for all your help everyone.

Comment

new firmware released http://blog.geekbuying.com/2017/12/v...date-20171221/

Comment

Guest any chance for an update of your custom ROM, many bugs fixed and features added into new firmware (20171221) ?

thank you

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, but I've first got to dig out from under a pile of email from the holidays. Might be a week or so before I update the GT1 and Z6 ROMs.

Originally posted by JoseM View Post
          Will it work to tanix tx92 since they are indetical spec wise?

Comment

Originally posted by aeolous View Post

Will it work to tanix tx92 since they are indetical spec wise?
            The Vorke firmware works on the TX92 for the most part, but there is one strange issue that seems to only affect the TX92; and that is in the official youtube app from the playstore, youtube limits most videos to 720p. I don't have a Vorke to test, but no one else seems to have this issue, so it seems limited to TX92's running Vorke firmware.

This is a firmware related annoyance, but the Vorke firmware also modifies the chrome app to ALWAYS open the Vorke homepage when you launch chrome. Clearing the data from chrome doesn't fix this annoyance.

I'm sure Guest can fix the annoyance in chrome. But hopefully he can also look into the TX92 youtube issue.

Comment

This ROM is available for TX92 ram 2bg rom 16gb not you

Comment

Originally posted by Alianato View Post
                Guest regarding your comment: "The bootloader.img in the OTA update and the bootloader.PARTITION in the burn package are the same. Just rename them appropriately."

It worked fine, so now I have my Tanix TX9 Pro with your rom + OTA, I suppose it will work the same for Vorke V6 Plus

Here are the files if someone wants to try them, of course I am not responsible for any damage they could bring to your box

https://openload.co/f/KHxTiWxJr5g/up...L-20171119.zip
                https://openload.co/f/eOqZQ_B3LVI/Ne...7L-20171119.7z
                https://openload.co/f/ZeQOXukjXz0/Ne...7L-20171119.7z
                I found topic on the forum mentioning that Customization Tool does not work with Nougat images. See here. But it is a good thing that it really works.

Just took a dive with my new H96 Pro Plus and flashed the firmwares SCV4 and SCV7A from SC.

@Magendanz: would this method work fine with other firmwares? I like a lot your firmwares TVStock Nexus ROM for Mecool M8S Pro, would it be possible to use customization tool and create other firmwares just by replacing DDR, UBBOT and bootloader.

Thanks

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This ROM can probably be adapted to support any device based on the Amlogic q201 reference board for S912. In most cases, the work would be trivial because the underlying Shiningworth firmware already includes support for a bunch of wireless chipsets and IR remotes.

Changelog (20180119):
                • Based on the latest Shiningworth All-in-One firmware (Vorke_Z6-20171221).
                • Underlying OEM firmware now includes settings for Auto Framerate and Superuser Root Mode.
                • Fixed stuttering problem with Bluetooth audio on QCA9377 wireless chipsets.
                • Includes front LCD display service to show time and status.
                • Updated kernel modules for game controllers and added initialization code in init.amlogic.board.rc.
                • Added kernel module for Broadcom Bluetooth USB dongles.
                • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 based on latest OEM kernel.
                • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20180119).
                Known Bugs:
                • Clicking on Vision Settings in the setup wizard will launch an unsupported activity in Settings.
                • If holding reset button to boot to recovery, release after 10 seconds and then wait for almost a minute. It will eventually get there.
                Download:

Comment

Originally posted by Alianato View Post

Hi Guest and all

In first place I should say I own a Tanix TX9 Pro, so all the comments bellow should have this reality present.
                  I am assuming that Tanix TX9 Pro is equivalent to the Vorke Z6 Plus, because I used Magendanz roms (with changes explained bellow) to burn the firmware
                  into my box.

So this is what I did:
                  1) Using the amlogic Customization Tool and the "TX9pro-20171101" rom, I unpacked it, into it´s components (files)
                  I suppose I could have used the "VORKE-Z6PLUS-20171027-rooted-PC" as source, but this was not the case.
                  2) From this result I picked the following files and moved them to a temporary folder
                  DDR.USB
                  UBOOT.USB
                  bootloader.PARTITION
                  3) After closing the "Customization Tool" I removed the remaining files
                  4) I re-opened the "Customization Tool" and unpacked magendanz custom rom "Nexus_Z6_Nano_NHG47L-20171119"
                  5) Took the files from the temporary folder and replaced the ones from this extraction
                  6) Repacked the rom with another name as "Nexus_Z6_Nano_DDR3_NHG47L-20171119"
                  7) Re-flashed my box with this rom

... and it´s working

regards
                  Alianato, Guest: which version of Customizing Tool you are using?

According to this topic here Customizing Tool 2.0.10 not even the last version of the tool supports Android 7.1. Kindly share your knowledge and experience on this topic. Thanks!

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Customization Tool 2.0.10 still does the trick for me when it comes to unpacking .img files, even on Nougat. However, I use Ubuntu for custom mods, since those tools set file context and handle symbolic links correctly.

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                  Changelog (20180119):
                  • Based on the latest Shiningworth All-in-One firmware (Vorke_Z6-20171221).
                  • Underlying OEM firmware now includes settings for Auto Framerate and Superuser Root Mode.
                  • Fixed stuttering problem with Bluetooth audio on QCA9377 wireless chipsets.
                  • Includes front LCD display service to show time and status.
                  • Updated kernel modules for game controllers and added initialization code in init.amlogic.board.rc.
                  • Added kernel module for Broadcom Bluetooth USB dongles.
                  • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 based on latest OEM kernel.
                  • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20180119).
                  Known Bugs:
                  • Clicking on Vision Settings in the setup wizard will launch an unsupported activity in Settings.
                  • If holding reset button to boot to recovery, release after 10 seconds and then wait for almost a minute. It will eventually get there.
                  Download:
                  Thanks Guest for the update.

Question, do you know why when I use the official Vorke firmware on my Tanix TX92, it limits youtube videos to <1080p? The official Tanix firmware does not.
                  Since this firmware is based on the Vorke firmware, do you think I'll have the same problem?

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry, that makes no sense to me at all. The hardware is essentially identical, and I can't think of anything that might restrict YouTube video resolution other than just available bandwidth. Just be aware of this bug: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/63728479

Guest, :shrug: I dunno but it definitely limited pretty much all videos to 720p, some even 480p. I think I've found one video that gave me an option for 1080p but I can't remember. And these are all videos that I know have a 1080p option and played fine on the Tanix firmware.

However, I went ahead and installed your ROM and youtube gives me the options for 1080p just like the Tanix firmware.

I have a request though. In the original Tanix and Vorke firmware, they (or shiningworth) added a Home button in chrome, which I always found to be a nice option.

Also in the original firmware, when I open Chrome, it kind of 'shifts' the window up a bit to hide the top status bar to give me slightly more screen space, but can still be dragged down. On your rom the top status bar is always visible.

These aren't big issues, just thought I'd ask.

edit: One more thing, this is an issue brought over from the official firmware. But my LG TV remote controls this TV box weather HDMI CEC is enabled or not. With the official firmware, enter would scroll through the home menu, and the Menu button on my remote would open the Music app.

With your ROM, the 'Input' button on my remote opens the google app somehow.

Is there anyway to completely block my TV remote from controlling this box?
                  It seems to be picking up the IR signal from my LG remote.

For now I just put some black electrical tape over the clear front panel to block the signal from my remote.
                  Last edited by rahzel; 01-20-2018, 08:50.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, I didn't like the Home button and so I removed it. You can add it back by restoring the following line to the HomeSettingActivity in the AndroidManifest.xml of TvSettings.apk. Don't forget to re-sign in with the platform key when you're done.

<category android:name="android.intent.category.LEANBACK_SET TINGS"/>

As for the IR remote codes, it sound like you've got some overlap with the LG TV. I'd suggest using a universal remote.

thanks for update

Comment

Originally posted by xebbmw View Post

Alianato, Guest: which version of Customizing Tool you are using?

According to this topic here Customizing Tool 2.0.10 not even the last version of the tool supports Android 7.1. Kindly share your knowledge and experience on this topic. Thanks!
                    Hi,
                    I used the Customizing Tool 2.0.10 without issues

Comment

Working...
                    X