Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Vorke Z6 / Tanix TX92 Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Vorke Z6 / Tanix TX92 Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these Nano and Stock Nexus ROMs prove that less can be more. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added à la carte by the user as needed. These ROMs also serve as a foundation for TVStock Nexus ROMs, which deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package.

Stock Nexus variant includes:Nano Nexus variant includes:
    • Open GApps Nano Package
    • Google Now Launcher (replaces Lighthome Launcher)
    • Google Chrome Browser (replaces AOSP Browser)
    • Google Legacy Camera (replaces AOSP Camera)
    • Google Desk Clock (replaces AOSP Desk Clock)
    • Google WebView (replaces AOSP WebView)
    • Terminal app from LineageOS
    • TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 by TeamWin
    Changelog (20180119):
    • Based on the latest Shiningworth All-in-One firmware (Vorke_Z6-20171221).
    • Underlying OEM firmware now includes settings for Auto Framerate and Superuser Root Mode.
    • Fixed stuttering problem with Bluetooth audio on QCA9377 wireless chipsets.
    • Includes front LCD display service to show time and status.
    • Updated kernel modules for game controllers and added initialization code in init.amlogic.board.rc.
    • Added kernel module for Broadcom Bluetooth USB dongles.
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 based on latest OEM kernel.
    • Updated to latest OpenGApps build (20180119).
    Changelog (20171119):
    • Based on the latest Shiningworth All-in-One firmware (Vorke_Z6-20171110), stripped to Android stock bits and the latest Open GApps.
    • Added local update and backup option from Settings->About->System update based on Amlogic stock OTAUpgrade app.
    • The navigation bar can be shown or hidden via the setting in Settings->Display->Toggle Navigation Bar.
    • The Terminal app shows after being enabled in Settings->Developer Options. (This must be revealed by clicking Build 7 times in Settings->About.)
    • Added support for all HID devices (e.g. remotes, gamepads, etc.) on latest Nougat firmware for Nexus Player, NVIDIA Shield TV & Xiamoi Mi Box
    • Nexus splash logo with stock Nexus boot animation
    Known Bugs:
    • Clicking on Vision Settings in the setup wizard will launch an unsupported activity in Settings.
    • If holding reset button to boot to recovery, release after 10 seconds and then wait for almost a minute. It will eventually get there.
    Download:Notes:
    • This ROM has drivers for the Qualcomm QCA9377 and Longsys LTM8830 wireless chipsets (S/N beginning with S912 or G912) AND the AMPAK AP6255 wireless chipset (S/N beginning with A912). (Many others are also included.)
    • This includes device trees for 1G, 2G and 3G DRAM configurations, and so it should work on both GT1 standard and Ultimate SKUs.
    • The updater is signed, and so can be installed in the Update app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's designed for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. If you're installing for the first time, you should include a data wipe.
    • The safest bet is always to install the full Amlogic burn package with USB Burning Tool, just like they do at the factory.
    • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset
    Credits:Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	nexus.jpg Views:	4 Size:	10.8 KB ID:	659665Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170721-072938.jpg Views:	4 Size:	9.9 KB ID:	659661Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170721-072953.jpg Views:	4 Size:	16.5 KB ID:	659662Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170721-003105.jpg Views:	3 Size:	14.7 KB ID:	659654Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170721-003120.jpg Views:	3 Size:	35.5 KB ID:	659657Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170721-003203.jpg Views:	3 Size:	24.6 KB ID:	659655Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170721-003325.jpg Views:	3 Size:	19.6 KB ID:	659663Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170721-003248.jpg Views:	3 Size:	22.0 KB ID:	659658Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170721-003302.jpg Views:	3 Size:	20.1 KB ID:	659656Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170721-003210.jpg Views:	3 Size:	46.5 KB ID:	659659Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170721-010720.jpg Views:	3 Size:	29.2 KB ID:	659660Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20170721-010729.jpg Views:	3 Size:	43.0 KB ID:	659664
    Last edited by Guest; 01-20-2018, 02:29.

Can we play Netflix and youtube in 4k?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Not without a hacked Netflix APK, since the stock one has strict environment checks requiring Widevine L1 (which these boxes don't have).

I thought they had widevine L1.
    Attached Files

Comment

"This item might have been deleted, expired, or you might not have permission to view it. Contact the owner of this item for more information."

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        All links seem to be working for me now. Are you still having issues with OneDrive?

Tried flashing this ROM on my TX9 Pro, first via Burn Card Maker ..... "Upgrading" came up on screen for a couple of minutes and HDMI signal was lost. Nothing further. Tried flashing via Amlogic USB but kept getting USB Control Setup error. Tried flashing the November 1 official Tanix Firmware but still to no avail. Might have bricked my box

Edit: Managed to flash the official Tanix firmware. Might give this or TVStock another go though. I hate that Tanix launcher with a passion
      Last edited by zickler; 11-21-2017, 14:43.

Comment

Originally posted by panchovilla View Post
        I thought they had widevine L1.
        In the file you attached it clearly says L3

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

In the file you attached it clearly says L3
          Dope!
          Thanx.

Comment

So is there any moded Netflix apk for watching in 4K?

Comment

Nope...
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Nice job. At first blush the nano variant is working well on a T95Z plus with the exception of control for LED's and clock. I do very much like the de-bloated version which allows you to install what you want only. Is there a fix for using live wallpaper like 500 firepaper, doesn't seem to work on my installation and this is common with all 7.1.2 versions I have tried. Thanks and keep up the excellent work. Ynot

Comment

Originally posted by zickler View Post
                  "This item might have been deleted, expired, or you might not have permission to view it. Contact the owner of this item for more information."
                  Same here right now. All links give the same message

Edit to add question : I notice that you based the firmware on the stock Vorke Z6, but notice from the pictures in the OP that it say welcome to the M8S Pro.

if based on the Vorke, why not use the Vorke images?
                  Last edited by Jancales; 11-22-2017, 18:07.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It is based on the Vorke Z6. That's just an old screenshot that I recycled from the M8S Pro posting.

BTW, Microsoft apparently doesn't like it when you share 90GB of ROM images. I'm archiving now to http://freaktab.org/3~f.

Thanks for the reply and clarification, today the link for the stock variant image is active, and it comes in at maximum speed

Comment

I did install the stock variant.

First thing I notice is that the lcd display remains on "boot" instead of switching to time display.

Another question not directly related to this rom.

I notice that I have issues with playing movies through Kodi, where it seems to have problems to handle fast switching scenes, and give a very distorted picture.

This usually happens during the movie intro and closings.

I have this problem on all my Vorke Z6 boxes ( I have a few of them) , with the stock rom and this custom rom, and that is the main reason I wanted to try but it doesn't change anything.

The same movies playing without issues on other soc or on Windows.

Is this a problem specific to the S912 soc or with the Vorke Android 7 firmware?

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I believe it's a problem with the version of the Amlogic codec that Vorke is using with their firmware. I generally don't mess with codecs when I create the custom ROMs.

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
                    I did install the stock variant.

First thing I notice is that the lcd display remains on "boot" instead of switching to time display.

Another question not directly related to this rom.

I notice that I have issues with playing movies through Kodi, where it seems to have problems to handle fast switching scenes, and give a very distorted picture.

This usually happens during the movie intro and closings.

I have this problem on all my Vorke Z6 boxes ( I have a few of them) , with the stock rom and this custom rom, and that is the main reason I wanted to try but it doesn't change anything.

The same movies playing without issues on other soc or on Windows.

Is this a problem specific to the S912 soc or with the Vorke Android 7 firmware?
                    Thanks for the response.

I'm sure many people would be thankful to you if you could fix the problem with the codec, and I would surely send you a donation.

How about the LCD display, is there a way around ?

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well, I kept the LcdStatus.apk installed, so there must have been some other app or service that was driving the display content. I just haven't identified that yet, so I don't know how easy it will be to restore.

removed
                    Last edited by toymanedk; 12-07-2017, 16:29.

Comment

Working...
                    X