Clear All

Mecool BB2 (not pro) 2/16 latest OEM Firmware 7.1.1

Here is the latest OEM firmware 7.1.1
    https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...b2-tv-box.html

BB2-ota-20170915.132236.V0619
    It seems to be working quite well!

Steps:
    How to manually install firmware BB2 Mecool 2/16 TV Box
    1. Download the latest OEM firmware ROM BB2-ota-20170915.132236.V0619.zip which is Android 7.1.1
    2. You now have a few different options to install and upgrade it:
      • Put the zip file in the root of a USB stick or micro SD card
      • Install the new firmware zip file by booting into recovery
      • Install from a functional TV Box using the Update icon or via the settings, About media box and into the OTA update. Click Local Update and the zip file will be displayed in yellow, click on it and then click Confirm. If you want to retain your data do not check the two boxes, for a clean install rather check those boxes and then push Confirm
    3. Unplug the power plug from the back of the TV box.
    4. Copy the zip file to the root of the USB stick and plug into the TV Box.
    5. Push and hold the on/off switch on the front panel and plug the power plug back into the TV Box while still holding the button in.
    6. Keep holding the button until the Android robot appears laying on its back, only then release.
    7. You are now in recovery mode and the recovery menu should display in the left top of the TV screen.
    8. Use the remote to select “Apply update from EXT” and push the OK on remote
    9. Next select “Update from udisk” (or sdcard if you used the micro SD) with remote and push OK on remote.
    10. Next select the file: BB2-ota-20170915.132236.V0619.zip with remote and push OK on remote.
    11. “Installing system update” will show on screen under a large ring, with progress bar under the robot and messages in left bottom corner.
    12. When the installation is completed, the Android robot again appears laying on its back with a red flag and progress message says “Installation for udisk completed”. And the recovery menu will again show in the left top corner.
    13. Next select “Reboot system now” with the remote and push OK.
    14. The BB2 TV Box will now reboot into the new Android 7.1.1 installed.
    15. Note: It seems as if SuperSU 2.79 is not compatible with 7.1.1, but not sure. It does not update the binary causing a freeze at the boot logo.

Last edited by Matchless; 12-12-2017, 12:04.

Hi, I have the Yoka KB2 (non pro version) which I also updated to 7.1.1,did you have any problems installing 3rd party launchers like nova etc? as on my box every time I reboot or turn off the box then turn on it only shows the stock launcher and I have press the home button on my remote to see nova launcher.i did find the right setting to to make nova default but it still stays on stock.any help? thanks.

Comment

Answered my own question.yes,this does install on the Yoka KB2,(no surprise as it has same hardware and board) it also has the same problem with the stock VS launcher,had to do what I did on KB2 install QuickDis app from playstore.i froze the VS launcher so I could use nova.and just like the KB2 (non pro)7.1.1 ROM, quite a few apps on playstore are not optimised for the box.hopefully someone can look at this ROM,or KB2 7.1.1 ROM and clean it up.

Comment

Use celerons rom,works very well! Also zombierom is another good one!

Comment

Originally posted by palerider View Post
          Use celerons rom,works very well! Also zombierom is another good one!
          You mean the RC3(android 6) ROM? yes,I was using that but I wanted to see what the 7.1.1 ROM(KB2/BB2 version (s) ) was like to use. but it could do with someone like celeron looking at the ROM and get it going.
          Last edited by sam tyler; 01-04-2018, 22:16.

Comment

Originally posted by sam tyler View Post

You mean the RC3(android 6) ROM? yes,I was using that but I wanted to see what the 7.1.1 ROM(KB2/BB2 version (s) ) was like to use. but it could do with someone like celeron looking at the ROM and get it going.
            Yes, please!
            YokaTV KB2 Superceleron ROM

Comment

Can anybody point me to the best custom rom for this box? I am interested to run Kodi with audio passthrough and 4k resolution )
              Can I use the SuperCeleron RC3 from this forum for KB2 ?( I am not sure if the box are identical )
              Thank you

Comment

Android 7.1.1 Nougat - this is not ATV version - last official firmware versions Android 7 - no more updates in OTA Android 7
                BB2-NHG47L-20170915.132236.V0619.zip - img file in zip for USB Burning Tool
                https://drive.google.com/open?id=13q...n4KwUTmSZgx2zc
                - RGB8 set info: This official VideoStrong firmware for Mecool BB2 2/16 GB DDR3 have not manual setting RGB8/YCbCR422/YCbCr444
                - I have pink/purple screen on my old TV Sony KDL-40S5600 (year of production 2009 with LCD RGB 8 bit panel) always,

Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow - this is not ATV version - last official firmware versions Android 6 - no more updates in OTA Android 6
                BB2-MHC19J-20170420.145420.V0923.img.zip - img file in zip for USB Burning Tool
                https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TMq...ew?usp=sharing
                - RGB8 set info: This official VideoStrong firmware for Mecool BB2 2/16 GB DDR3 have manual one button settings RGB only (no buttons for YCbCR422/YCbCr444)
                - button RGB is not good for my old TV - I have pink/purple screen on my old TV Sony KDL-40S5600 (year of production 2009 with LCD RGB 8 bit panel) always,

Others about RGB8 settings good firmware:
                My pink/purple screen on old TV SONY KDL-40S5600 solution on the Mecool BB2 2/16 GB DDR3 is on link with another firmware from VS - VideoStrong manufacturer:
                https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...olour-settings

Comment

Hello,

I'd like to upgrade my BB2 from Android 6 to 7.1.1 using the firmware above.
                  I downloaded the ZIP file and placed in on a flash drive formated on the unit itself.
                  But when I select the ZIP in the receivery mode, it fails claiming that the signature is not correct.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X