Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO L SCV2 ATV - Android 7.1.2 ( Android Tv Version )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by martybg View Post
    how can i do that

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...uetooth-4-1-hs read through this link it will help.

Comment

Originally posted by alloy1124 View Post

I tried , but it does not work.
      what is the firmware version on your box?mine works fine and picks up 2g and 5g.can you take photo of firmware about page?if its my upload it should work.try to reinstall sometimes it works.s newest FW "M8S PRO L-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L 20180417.150752.V0213.should be this.and what does sticker on underside of box say?correction!my firmware is dated 16.03.2018.so looks like there is even newer firmware!and it supports miracast app. and it supports microsoft drm.Okay, so..
      Today I've recieved my Mecool M8S Pro L with Voice Control.. i was quite suprised that it came with:
      -newest FW "M8S PRO L-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L 20180417.150752.V0213"
      -Microsoft Playready DRM Supported
      aand
      -working Miracast app - succefuly streamed screen from Nexus 5X and windows laptop.

update to latest firmware for boxes with new wifi module.It only will work with 20180316.143701.V0213 Firmware.https://mega.nz/#!AZIjjT7D!k-Z6eSZFa...Gij_9qtVSna1Uo
      Last edited by supermal; 04-27-2018, 22:41.

Comment

just checked ota update and it says one is available."fix some bug"very informative.lol.at least it works.

Comment

Originally posted by supermal View Post
          https://mega.nz/#!lJ4GXabD!DDHIu0xLW...evs5dmsP0KTVHs try this link?this is a twrp back up of my mecool m8s pro l box.it is for those who have sticker on the back of the box with LB on the end only!it may not be compatible with boxes with older firmware.use at your own risk.
          Thanks Supermal, this save me 3 days of frustration. Back to stock and wifi and bluetooth working! Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by mike_la View Post

Thanks Supermal, this save me 3 days of frustration. Back to stock and wifi and bluetooth working! Cheers!
            Your welcome.there is an update to even newer firmware.link in post above.

Comment

what is the firmware version on your box?mine works fine and picks up 2g and 5g.can you take photo of firmware about page?if its my upload it should work.try to reinstall sometimes it works.s newest FW "M8S PRO L-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L 20180417.150752.V0213.should be this.and what does sticker on underside of box say?correction!my firmware is dated 16.03.2018.so looks like there is even newer firmware!and it supports miracast app. and it supports microsoft drm.Okay, so..
              Today I've recieved my Mecool M8S Pro L with Voice Control.. i was quite suprised that it came with:
              -newest FW "M8S PRO L-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L 20180417.150752.V0213"
              -Microsoft Playready DRM Supported
              aand
              -working Miracast app - succefuly streamed screen from Nexus 5X and windows laptop.

update to latest firmware for boxes with new wifi module.It only will work with 20180316.143701.V0213 Firmware.https://mega.nz/#!AZIjjT7D!k-Z6eSZFa...Gij_9qtVSna1Uo
              I restored your backup, so the firmware was M8S PRO L-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L 20180316.143701.V0213.
              And I update the newest 0417 update, it is M8S PRO L-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L 20180417.150752.V0213 right now.

Comment

I dont get it how do u guys get past the Remote Activation they have given me Remote that is not bluetooth whatever I press it seems like I cannot connect the remote how to get past this screen

Comment

I dont get it how do u guys get past the Remote Activation they have given me Remote that is not bluetooth whatever I press it seems like I cannot connect the remote how to get past this screen
                  Did you follow guide in the link I sent you?to pair with Bluetooth on phone and sign in to your Google account.then you can skip that step.

Comment

I restored your backup, so the firmware was M8S PRO L-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L 20180316.143701.V0213.
                    And I update the newest 0417 update, it is M8S PRO L-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L 20180417.150752.V0213 right now.
                    Very strange!did the wi-fi work ok when you first tried your box?

Comment

Very strange!did the wi-fi work ok when you first tried your box?
                      Yes wifi worked in the original firmware, so I think I have to wait the burn image.
                      I think wifi and bluetooth are in a single chip, my bluetooth works so I think this chip does not broken.

Comment

Yes wifi worked in the original firmware, so I think I have to wait the burn image.
                        I think wifi and bluetooth are in a single chip, my bluetooth works so I think this chip does not broken.
                        When it scans for wi-fi does it find any options?have you opened up the box at all?to see if wi-fi cable is not broken?

Comment

Can u send this guide again I havent seen any guide

Did you follow guide in the link I sent you?to pair with Bluetooth on phone and sign in to your Google account.then you can skip that step.

Comment

Can u send this guide again I havent seen any guide

Post #181.the remote you have got won't work.

Comment

Did you try a restart to your modem and to the box?

Comment

Don't want to get off topic of this thread, But if you can not connect to wifi or bluetooth while starting up your device, it means most likely you have the newer m8s pro L (LB) much like Supermal has stated. Only way to repair it for me was doing a TWRP restore (From Supermal's TWRP back-up, cheers!). I was able to get TWRP using Magendanz TVstock ROM. Here is what I did.

1) get an SD card (Make sure it is formatted in Fat32) you can do this simply by installing you SD card into android phone or Mac format it in Fat32, Android will automatically do this when formatted. Win10 makes it hard to format into Fat32 for some reason without a 3rd party app.

2) download Magendanz ROM, or just install TWRP if you know how, I was flashing up a storm to get wifi and bluetooth to work so I already had Magendanz Rom installed. Make sure it is the zip file and copy the ROM to SD card. Also at this stage you can also copy the Supermal's TWRP backup on it.

3) get into recovery by doing the following. Pull all cables on the box except HDMI cable. as you plug in the power press Menu on your remote (3 horizontal lines) if you see the bootscreen animation, you need to do it again until you get into recovery. Keep in mind if you have BT remote, there is no BT so you must use the IR in your remote.

4) (This is if you don't have TWRP installed) once you are in recovery, move to apply update from external storage, select SD card, select the Magendanz ROM or install TWRP, I would recommend install TWRP only, search is your friend) but since I didn't proceed that way please read and research how to only install TWRP only.

5) once you have TWRP installed, restart and repeat getting into Recovery (Point IR at box and press Menu), you should be into TWRP by now. However at this point you need a wired mouse to move around TWRP.

6) goto restore and select the folder with the TWRP backup (Supermal's Folder).

7) (the rest was cover previously but for the sake of being complete I will proceed to the finish)
                                back to main menu and do a factory wipe.

8) restart and you should be back to stock.

personal note: I initially started by installing Magendanz TVstock ROM on a fresh box and my trouble with Wifi and Bluetooth began there. I probably installed every ROM that is compatible for the box. Probably spent 3 days trying to research and trouble shoot. Ultimately realized that the Current ROMs have the old Chipset and I did some research and found the TWRP backup that Supermal has posted.

Having said all these, I did have one Problem, which I think was caused by my reckless flashing, which was I lost my Widevine L1. Currently on L3, which means I can't get Netflix to work properly. However, I feel I can resolved this with little more research. At least I can actually use the box, minus netflix.

Hope this is helps. Thanks Supermal for the backup. Hopefully the new chipset for the newer boxes will be added to all the ROMs available for M8s Pro L.

Comment

Working...
                                X