Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO L SCV2 ATV - Android 7.1.2 ( Android Tv Version )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike_la View Post
    Don't want to get off topic of this thread, But if you can not connect to wifi or bluetooth while starting up your device, it means most likely you have the newer m8s pro L (LB) much like Supermal has stated. Only way to repair it for me was doing a TWRP restore (From Supermal's TWRP back-up, cheers!). I was able to get TWRP using Magendanz TVstock ROM. Here is what I did.

1) get an SD card (Make sure it is formatted in Fat32) you can do this simply by installing you SD card into android phone or Mac format it in Fat32, Android will automatically do this when formatted. Win10 makes it hard to format into Fat32 for some reason without a 3rd party app.

2) download Magendanz ROM, or just install TWRP if you know how, I was flashing up a storm to get wifi and bluetooth to work so I already had Magendanz Rom installed. Make sure it is the zip file and copy the ROM to SD card. Also at this stage you can also copy the Supermal's TWRP backup on it.

3) get into recovery by doing the following. Pull all cables on the box except HDMI cable. as you plug in the power press Menu on your remote (3 horizontal lines) if you see the bootscreen animation, you need to do it again until you get into recovery. Keep in mind if you have BT remote, there is no BT so you must use the IR in your remote.

4) (This is if you don't have TWRP installed) once you are in recovery, move to apply update from external storage, select SD card, select the Magendanz ROM or install TWRP, I would recommend install TWRP only, search is your friend) but since I didn't proceed that way please read and research how to only install TWRP only.

5) once you have TWRP installed, restart and repeat getting into Recovery (Point IR at box and press Menu), you should be into TWRP by now. However at this point you need a wired mouse to move around TWRP.

6) goto restore and select the folder with the TWRP backup (Supermal's Folder).

7) (the rest was cover previously but for the sake of being complete I will proceed to the finish)
    back to main menu and do a factory wipe.

8) restart and you should be back to stock.

personal note: I initially started by installing Magendanz TVstock ROM on a fresh box and my trouble with Wifi and Bluetooth began there. I probably installed every ROM that is compatible for the box. Probably spent 3 days trying to research and trouble shoot. Ultimately realized that the Current ROMs have the old Chipset and I did some research and found the TWRP backup that Supermal has posted.

Having said all these, I did have one Problem, which I think was caused by my reckless flashing, which was I lost my Widevine L1. Currently on L3, which means I can't get Netflix to work properly. However, I feel I can resolved this with little more research. At least I can actually use the box, minus netflix.

Hope this is helps. Thanks Supermal for the backup. Hopefully the new chipset for the newer boxes will be added to all the ROMs available for M8s Pro L.

thank you for taking time out to provide help to others that need it.you lost your widevine l1 status.i am sorry to hear that.this was a concern of mine also when thinking about putting custom roms on these boxes.my intention was to put a magandez or superceleron custom rom on my new mecool m8s pro l.but fortunately i was made aware of the motherboard changes on the latest shipments so i have held back.i need to know of anyone that has used my back up rom to restore their boxes still have widevine l1 intact.i know the custom roms from magandez and superceleron did not break the widevine l1 status.but they are unfortunately not compatible with the modified motherboards.when an official burn .img becomes available you might get your l1 status back.noone knows when that will be.

Comment

From my understanding Supermal, Widevine DRM is fixed to your MAC, so I'm not sure I will be able to get L1 back. Personally I might just buy another M8S Pro L and leave that stock and use this one to play with. my only issue is it takes so long to get them ship to the states.

Comment

Man I know that it wont work what would work ? You said something about phone what do I have to do?

Originally posted by supermal View Post

Post #181.the remote you have got won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by martybg View Post
          Man I know that it wont work what would work ? You said something about phone what do I have to do?

Hey Martybg have you tried to get into recovery using the menu button on the remote? Instruction (3) up above. Its a hit or miss. Sometimes it goes directly into recovery or it will just start the box. My best practice was just keep hitting the menu button repeatedly until it gets into recovery. Once you are in follow the steps. If not you may need to open the box and do a pin short.

On a side note I think I might have an bigger issue. When I tried to install the update. I think this is what is causing my Widevine issue as well. Looks like my M8S Pro L thinks it is a different box. you can see it from my TWRP error. Package fingerprint is not matching up. This is probably cause by me and my disregard for safety in flashing. I'll do more research and get back if I resolve this issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180428_120957_HDR.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	722784

Comment

Might be a very dumb solution, you could purchase a Bluetooth remote and that will work for you. Seems like you have been sitting with a NON functioning box for a while now, just because you DON'T have a Bluetooth Remote.

This is one of my favorite remotes......... But it does not have a mic for Voice.

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Follow the pairing method in this link and see if you get anywhere.http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...4-1-100mbps.if not let me know and I will try and help further.link not taking you to place you need.wait.i will go on my pc and get some instructions for you

Comment

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-bt4-1-100mbps marty-bg start from post 6 and see if you can pair your phone to your box when you set up your google account.you should then be able to skip the part in set up about pairing your remote.if all goes well you will be able to use your phone as your remote via the app.

Comment

Originally posted by mike_la View Post

Hey Martybg have you tried to get into recovery using the menu button on the remote? Instruction (3) up above. Its a hit or miss. Sometimes it goes directly into recovery or it will just start the box. My best practice was just keep hitting the menu button repeatedly until it gets into recovery. Once you are in follow the steps. If not you may need to open the box and do a pin short.

On a side note I think I might have an bigger issue. When I tried to install the update. I think this is what is causing my Widevine issue as well. Looks like my M8S Pro L thinks it is a different box. you can see it from my TWRP error. Package fingerprint is not matching up. This is probably cause by me and my disregard for safety in flashing. I'll do more research and get back if I resolve this issue.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180428_120957_HDR.jpg Views:	1 Size:	130.1 KB ID:	722784
                  each mecool m8s pro l has drm keys that are unique to that box.where that key info is stored i am not sure.for sure the soc of every box has a unique key for widevine level 1.wether there is any matching id on the firmware side i dont know.but it may be that you cant put firmware from another box onto yours because the id that may be in the firmware will not match the id on the soc.so you either get an error or the firmware will install but widevine level one is lost.this is just my understanding at the moment and i may be wrong.but what seems to be the case is if you have a box with widevine level 1 you have to be very carefull about changing firmware on it.probably best what you say and get second box and keep it stock.developer support will grow for these new boxes but it may be some time.

Comment

Comment

my box has ddr3 LB this one has ddr3 LQ.and there are others with different letters at the end.no wonder people are confused about what box they actually have.

Comment

Originally posted by supermal View Post
                        my box has ddr3 LB this one has ddr3 LQ.and there are others with different letters at the end.no wonder people are confused about what box they actually have.
                        All 3 of my "L" boxes have LQ.
                        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

All 3 of my "L" boxes have LQ.
                          Ok.so I don't know what it represents.thought with mine being B it was next variant of original.but your boxes are Q so who knows????does your boxes have the modified motherboard with the new wi-fi chipset?
                          Last edited by supermal; 04-29-2018, 12:24.

Comment

is there a chance you might start working on a version for the M8S PRO L (LB)?

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
                              Hi there guys and girls, one more rom/fw for you all!
                              My goal on this one was making the rom the smother/faster that i cant compared with the stock, and i think i did it... i let you guys judge that!
                              Many thks to gearbest for sending me the device to play
                              Many Thks to my beta tester trebor

READ THE BUGS SECTION FOR UNNECESSARY QUESTIONS!!!!
                              YOU NEED TO BE IN SCV1 FIRST BEFORE TRYING TO FLAH SCV2!

Changelog V2:
                              • Disabled Navigation bar, not needed anyway....
                              • Fixed Gray bar in Netflix videos.
                              • Fixed "Navigation" bar not hiding in Google Play Movies.
                              • Some changes to the audio.
                              • Updated TWRP to 3.2.1-0

Changelog V1:
                              • Based on latest ota 20171216
                              • Cleaned lots of stuff...
                              • Lot smother... and faster, not a lag fest like the stock one!
                              • Added TWRP
                              • It should have a better cpu usage/ram.
                              • Cpu temp should also be better.
                              • Fixed chromecast that was always crashing in the stock rom.
                              • Unrooted ( Yes now you can install magisk or whatever you use to root, use the included "Update" app to flash it! )
                              • General optimization and how the ram is used, should better now.
                              • Permissions fixed.
                              • Double press on Home button bring the APP Switch Menu ( Or App kill menu )
                              • Status bar Auto hide
                              • Navigation bar auto hide ( Enable the nav bar in the settings )
                              • Working ATV google remote control!
                              • Netflix FHD Android TV app, install from Playstore
                              • Netflix 5.1 Sound ( Experimental )
                              • 4k Youtube support!
                              • Updated DTV App to the latest one.
                              • FTMC Build 31.
                              • Some audio mods ( Experimental )
                              • Settings menus working ( VPN can be added... )
                              • Added lots of Kl's
                              • initd.d support.
                              • Added google cast, ( Will only work with youtube... )
                              • Xbox360 wireless Gamepad, original and Chinese clones?! ( well it works with my clone adapter... )
                              • PS3/PS4 gamepad support(only with cable...)
                              • Added Dragonrise USB HID game controllers.
                              • Fixed auto frame switch in kodi. It only works on FTMC(included) SPMC 16.5.5 -> Up, on kodi 16.1 doesn't work because is to old(misses a lot of fixes for the new S9xx devices), Kodi 17 its a it and miss this days!
                              • Optimized some animation stuff!
                              • And other little stuff...
                              • And of course all the other ATV mambo jambo...

Bugs V1:
                              • If you have any Wifi problems like slow net etc, disable Bluetooth ( is enabled by default ) if you dont need it... it will make the wifi work a lot better!
                              • I bet you guys/girls tell me if they are more

Want to buy me a beer?

Download SCV1:Download SCV2 OTA:

Install instructions:
                              • DON'T UNPACK THE ZIP
                              • Use the included "Update" app that is on stock rom, CHOOSE "Local" on the app.
                              • Or just boot to recovery and flash it....
                              • THIS WILL DELETE ALL YOUR DATA...

Where to buy:

1ยบ BOOT TAKES AROUND 5 MINUTES!

THIS ROM DELETES ALL YOUR DATA SO DO A BACKUP!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Enjoy it!
                              Is there a way to enable Split Screen as on the Nvidia Shield ATV rom?
                              thanks!

Comment

I installed NEXUS ROM but wifi and bluetooth did not work so I tried to load the original ROM again but I tried to get the original version of the ROM but not the voice control TV. If you have ir remote ROM, please link.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X