Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO L SCV2 ATV - Android 7.1.2 ( Android Tv Version )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rlghplay View Post

I installed NEXUS ROM but wifi and bluetooth did not work so I tried to load the original ROM again but I tried to get the original version of the ROM but not the voice control TV. If you have ir remote ROM, please link.

You have the latest mecool m8s pro l box so you have motherboard with the new wi-fi module.thats why you lost wi-fi and Bluetooth with the Nexus rom.it is not compatible with the new motherboards.i don't think you will be able to revert to pre atv version.not until someone makes a custom rom that is compatible with the new and old rom versions.

Comment

I made a big mistake. I can not get back to the original state. If you have someone with the same version as me, I would like to share a backup ROM. Thank you for answer.

Comment

Originally posted by supermal View Post

You have the latest mecool m8s pro l box so you have motherboard with the new wi-fi module.thats why you lost wi-fi and Bluetooth with the Nexus rom.it is not compatible with the new motherboards.i don't think you will be able to revert to pre atv version.not until someone makes a custom rom that is compatible with the new and old rom versions.
        Try that firmwares

https://www.google.gr/amp/s/chinagad...v-box.html/amp

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/latest-mecool-m8s-pro-l-tv-box-firmware-download-android-nougat-7-1-1/amp/

Comment

Guys this rom is for the LQ(1º ones that came out) boxes, as you guys know this company's are always changing the HW ... ye is cheap but you will get the consequences of it!

Comment

I made a big mistake. I can not get back to the original state. If you have someone with the same version as me, I would like to share a backup ROM. Thank you for answer.
            I uploaded a back up rom for your box.is same as mine.use at your own risk but a few have recovered their boxes using it.it is a twrp backup so you need twrp recovery installed.read through this thread for info.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
              Guys this rom is for the LQ(1º ones that came out) boxes, as you guys know this company's are always changing the HW ... ye is cheap but you will get the consequences of it!
              Hi Superceleron, Thanks for making this ROM, may I suggest adding this part to the original Post so no one else makes the mistake of installing this ROM to the newer LB. Also would you be planning to update this ROM to work for the LB? Thanks you.

Comment

Can i install this firmware to my Mecool M8s Pro (DDR4 2GB RAM) version ? I see in the first post indication about only Mecool M8s Pro L, but want to check whether i can try it ?

Comment

• superceleron
                  superceleron commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No you cant install this one on NON L version

Well i will say than magendanz rom nano stock works(yes with wifi and bluetooth module working) on my unit with lq versión.First Install superceleron rom on my unit i didnt like it and then install magendanz nano stock.I prefer nano stock because i can have all the apps i wanted on playstore.The android tv stock its very limited and yes im aware you can install aptoide to fix the issue but i dont trust aptoide store.This my unit image if anyone want to check it:

Comment

Do not try those firmwares!not for your box.

Comment

Thank you for answer.
                    I have tried to install all the existing ROMs.
                    However, there was no ROM for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
                    However, only the backup ROM shared by supermal worked normally.
                    it is normally downloaded when OTA update, but stopped with version check error in TWRP.

Comment

maybe 'this device has amlogic / omni_q20x / q20x: 5.1.1 / LYZ28N / chad11141738: userdebug / test-key' This seems to be a problem
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

maybe 'this device has amlogic / omni_q20x / q20x: 5.1.1 / LYZ28N / chad11141738: userdebug / test-key' This seems to be a problem
                        I tried install the recovery.img from the 0417 update zip file( just unzip it , you will find), and I got the offical recovery and then you can install the update zip.
                        Last edited by alloy1124; 05-01-2018, 10:07.

Comment

Thank you for answer.
                          it is normally downloaded when OTA update, but stopped with version check error in TWRP.
                          Correct there has been a ota update since I backed up my rom using twrp.twrp does not work with ota updates.you need to go back to stock recovery to get the latest ota update.then your firmware will be back to stock and up to date.you need to check you still have DRM level 1.

Comment

I have 2 of these one LQ version and one LB version, the LB version is running Android 7.1.2, is Microsoft DRM compatible and has just done an OTA update but the LQ is still stuck on 7.1 and can't connect to the update server so I guess that there are no official updates planned for this variation.
                            What I would like to know is are they only shipping LB versions now or are there still LQ ones being shipped as I bought both within a week of each other and we would like another one.

They are a great little box but finding out info apart from here is practically impossible

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you for answer.
                              Where I can found this backup Rom ?

Comment

Working...
                              X