Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO L SCV2 ATV - Android 7.1.2 ( Android Tv Version )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazyazz View Post
    How do I reboot to TWRP guys? I tried the nexus rom but dont like it and want to reinstall this one
    Activate the developer options by pressing 7 times on about>build. In developer options activate Terminal. In Terminal write: reboot recovery (and press enter)

Comment

thanks mate

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegsr View Post
        Unfortunatly immediatly uninstalled for RAIPLAY app crash, like in Magendanz ROM. For me RAIPLAY app that is a portal to all video library for major italia TV is MANDATORY, please fix this crash and back to test your ROM.

In stock ROM from MECOOL this app works fine.....

Thanks
        Marco
        Sorry m8 i cant fix a crash to on a app that i will never use, since is for your own country only
        Root the rom and try change the dpi from 240 to 320 in build.prop like the user demasiado said!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Sorry m8 i cant fix a crash to on a app that i will never use, since is for your own country only
          Root the rom and try change the dpi from 240 to 320 in build.prop like the user demasiado said!
          Yes i understand, video service is free and if you want i can send you APK of this app.
          Crash is immediatly and RAIPLAY don't have any registration or account to use, so if you want to check please let me know that i sand you a link to the apk.
          Thanks
          Marco

Comment

Well i'm using the stock 7.1 now (M8S_PRO_L-ota-20171127.165619.V0928)

They changed it to a full ATV launcher and it is 320 density, looks like it is a full ATV rom now, i needed to change to 240 in build.prop to have like more on screen windows and space, not sure why they changed it.

Someone asked for normal android 7.1.2, i just thinking on installing this rom but out of curiosity, why the normal version, is it better somehow?

Cuz looks like ATV has this really bad launcher that is hard to replace and limited google play app repository and also a lot less of details, i don't like it. Probably will look for some workarounds, are there any?

Comment

I think that this builds that have android launcher are only test stock roms and that stable rom will still have mecool launcher

Comment

Well interesting theory, but they still will have ATV version of play store and YT, that are just bad.

I had the original stock 0918 rom so i know that there was normal YT app, now it is atv version, just look like broad rom changes to an ATV.
                And to be honest it is quite buggy (M8S_PRO_L-ota-20171127.165619.V0928)

Comment

Hi, can you share the .iso file, I only can update with usb burning tool.

Comment

# Sorry, wrong thread: please move it to Magendanz's ATV firmware thread, thanks.

I don't know what happened with my previous message (under moderation?),
                    anyway it looks like auto frequency rate switch does not work correctly with the latest ATV firmware by Magendanz
                    after setting the permissions /sys/class/display/mode... it does switch but the screen remains black
                    (audio is ok). The same setup works with the M8S Pro+ with Magendanz's ATV firmware.
                    Anyone ?
                    Last edited by demasiado; 01-02-2018, 09:45. Reason: Wrong thread

Comment

Hi guys,
                      an easy question......with this ROM DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD, 7.1 channel audio feature, still works?
                      Thanks
                      Marco

Comment

I've had a similar problem to clarkss12 regarding FTMC & SPMC crashing on this rom. I've got my box hooked up to a 4K LG. I believe the problem has something to do with having this box set natively to a resolution of 4K with a refresh rate greater than 30Hz. If i try anything above 30Hz in 4K, both FTMC & SPMC crash the box instantly. However, if i manually set the resolution to 4K 30Hz, both FTMC & SPMC work but the box feels sluggish as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDip View Post
                          I've had a similar problem to clarkss12 regarding FTMC & SPMC crashing on this rom. I've got my box hooked up to a 4K LG. I believe the problem has something to do with having this box set natively to a resolution of 4K with a refresh rate greater than 30Hz. If i try anything above 30Hz in 4K, both FTMC & SPMC crash the box instantly. However, if i manually set the resolution to 4K 30Hz, both FTMC & SPMC work but the box feels sluggish as hell.
                          same here.

Comment

Hello superceleron, could you make a version of your build for the Mecool M8S Pro (not L, not +)? Unfortunately the manufacturer has not released any updates a few months ago, making it difficult to upgrade the Magendanz OEM/ATV build. If you make it, can make the users of this device very happy and with more options of firmwares.

Comment

Just use the M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM 7.1 from Magendanz, you wont get much more for it and 7.1.2 isn't a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

yes i know about it, i will fix it in a next update.
                                I Superceleron any news about the update ? It's a matter of configuration inside build.prop ? Something that can I fix by myself ?
                                Thanks in advance
                                Skunz

Comment

• superceleron
                                  superceleron commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Nop is nothing you can do to fix it
                                  i cant do nothing now im finishing work to go to CES in a few days... so no time at all to anything else!
                              Working...
                              X