Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO L SCV2 ATV - Android 7.1.2 ( Android Tv Version )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

well looks like they changed the chip again... the only to fix it is doing some major changes to the rom!
    Thank you for your replay. Is this rom using 9377 wifi driver? If I got a usb wifi adapter using 9377(for example linksys WUSB6100M ), is it possible to get wifi worked?

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post
      superceleron you will also make a normal android 7.1.2 rom version? (not ATV)

i always use the non TV Version, the normal one as the SCV7a on Alfawise H96 pro+

I installed your ATV version, it is very nice, but i prefer always the normal Android version with my Nova Launcher Prime setups.
      So i returned.

I hope so much, that you make a second version for normal rom as you did for the Alfawise boxes also.

And sure this new rom would also improve a lot the issues as you did for the ATV version, for example this is important fo rme:
      • Lot smother... and faster, not a lag fest like the stock one!
      • Added TWRP
      • It should have a better cpu usage/ram.
      • Cpu temp should also be better.
      btw: when i installed your rom with my TWRP which was installed already I also added Magisk 14.0 at the same time, but this was bad. The TWRP flashed your rom but freezed when flashing the Magisk.
      I let it for a long time, but did not finish the flashing, so i disconnect. And then i bricked it, got loop, started with your logo and then went to TWRP with many errors, then started again and so on loop

I had to open the box and short the pins, was the first time that i did this with any box, but it worked.

i did it with the helpful informations of P.X in this posting http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...154#post679154 (thanks P.X)

so i could recover my box, installed first the original rom with sdcard, then i installed your rom, rebooted to system then i flashed the Magisk and it worked.

but i returned to my other rom, because i donĀ“t like the ATV version, hope you make one more normal...thanks a lot
      Hi, can you explain me how intall the original rom, pls. What do you mena with "short the pins"

Thank you

Comment

Hello I have M8S PRO L S912 3G 32G DDR3 LB version bought from here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza

I bricked my device I installed SVC1 but I have no WiFi , I cannot turn it on can somebody help me?

Here is picture

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by martybg View Post
          Hello I have M8S PRO L S912 3G 32G DDR3 LB version bought from here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza

I bricked my device I installed SVC1 but I have no WiFi , I cannot turn it on can somebody help me?

Here is picture

I read on here somewhere a few days ago, that someone said VideoStrong (manufacture) has changed the WiFi module. I just checked one of my older "L" boxes and it uses Longsys LTM 8830 for the WiFi module. What is the model number of your WiFi module?

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

It appears that people that are purchasing the new Mecool M8S Pro L boxes and swapping ROM's, are running into issues........
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Here is picture of my motherboard, please help
              Attached Files

Comment

I do not know which one is the WiFi Chip but I will write all down:

QED18051 - H1601SG

PB039-125 B1

SEC 631 - B041 - KLMBG2JENB

KM 63350816 - IT-A1L

Comment

Here is picture of my motherboard, please help
                  Your WiFi chip is near the WiFi antenna, but I can't read it from your pic......

Comment

I guess its this: KM 63350816 or together KM63350816

Comment

This popped up while I was trying to fix it, I the original version that came with the box was:

"E3003: Can't install this package (Mon Feb 5 11:16:51 CST 2018) over newer build (Fri Mar 16 11:51:06 CST 2018)"
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

This popped up while I was trying to fix it, I the original version that came with the box was:

"E3003: Can't install this package (Mon Feb 5 11:16:51 CST 2018) over newer build (Fri Mar 16 11:51:06 CST 2018)"
                        I can't find any information on that WiFi module. The only suggestion I have is, try to contact Videostrong and have them email you the Firmware for your box.

Comment

Hoo that chip... i found out already on other boxes... dunno who makes it and i also cant find any info on it....

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
                            Hoo that chip... i found out already on other boxes... dunno who makes it and i also cant find any info on it....
                            that km6335 is actually a ap6335
                            heres the pdf

Comment

so are u saying that my device is not original MeCool or?

Comment

• superceleron
                              superceleron commented
                              Editing a comment
                              nop is original mecool. i mean the wifi chip is a clone of another wifi chip(cheaper...)...!

can i change tis chip and if I will will this firmware work?

Comment

• superceleron
                              superceleron commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Well dunno if they changed anything else on the board...
                          Working...
                          X