Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO L SCV2 ATV - Android 7.1.2 ( Android Tv Version )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah great...was choosing this box cos of this FW and updates, but seems like i need to wait for LB mod (which i own)

thx
    Android devices: Minix X7 (gone) , Minix X8-H , MK808b Plus
    Video Out: Benq W1000+ 1080p Projector
    Audio Out: HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467B + 5.1 Yamaha Speakers
    Remote: Rikomagic MK702 II, Minix NEO M1
    Storage: NAS Zyxel NSA325v2

Comment

One more issue the current OS there is probably AndroidTV OS from Mecool, but my local internet TV provider android app - seems to have some check that is checking if its "normal android os" or "android tv os" as result it wont start as it thinks its set top box and this service is changed.

So can i put there "non LB and non Android TV" firmware to avoid this check? or can i just rename somewhere device type - to think its standard mobile or tablet?

Thanks

EDIT: ok seems like there are 2 types of apps Android and AndroidTV, thats the issue...
      Last edited by killeriq; 06-26-2018, 17:58.
      Android devices: Minix X7 (gone) , Minix X8-H , MK808b Plus
      Video Out: Benq W1000+ 1080p Projector
      Audio Out: HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467B + 5.1 Yamaha Speakers
      Remote: Rikomagic MK702 II, Minix NEO M1
      Storage: NAS Zyxel NSA325v2

Comment

Can I use this firmware with a box containing the newer wifi/BT chipset and I will only lose wifi and BT functionality? Or will it not function at all? Is the remote using BT?

Comment

People have reported that using a firmware built for a different version of m8s pro L, makes the new LB box very unstable.
          Furthermore, at the moment, there isn't a way to restore the original OEM firmware...

Comment

Originally posted by natman View Post
            People have reported that using a firmware built for a different version of m8s pro L, makes the new LB box very unstable.
            Furthermore, at the moment, there isn't a way to restore the original OEM firmware...
            M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180417.150752.V0213.IMG latest firmware for LB VARIANT ONLY!!

Comment

Hi, I updated my M8S Pro L (LB) with the latest 5 Feb firmware and upon rebooting, am presented with the blue "bluetooth is initializing" screen and am unable to successfully pair the remote with the box. What am I doing wrong? I shorted the pins to enable me to do a factory reset but upon rebooting, am still presented with that same screen. I can't seem to get past it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by hohenheim View Post
                Hi, I updated my M8S Pro L (LB) with the latest 5 Feb firmware and upon rebooting, am presented with the blue "bluetooth is initializing" screen and am unable to successfully pair the remote with the box. What am I doing wrong? I shorted the pins to enable me to do a factory reset but upon rebooting, am still presented with that same screen. I can't seem to get past it. Any help would be much appreciated.
                Bypass this screen by using your phone to connect to the device via bluetooth.

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhc View Post

Bypass this screen by using your phone to connect to the device via bluetooth.
                  Tried that too, with an s9 and a j7, both were not able to locate the box and not able to pair successfully. Did so within close proximity. Bluetooth scan would throw up some strange ID when it should say m8s pro l as the device name. Pairing fails.

Comment

Latest stock version for LB variant is from march.superceleron rom is not compatible you will lose wi-fi and Bluetooth.probably why you can't pair.you need to go back to stock firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by supermal View Post

Latest stock version for LB variant is from march.superceleron rom is not compatible you will lose wi-fi and Bluetooth.probably why you can't pair.you need to go back to stock firmware.
                      I attempted to do a reset by shorting the pins and selecting the option for factory reset, upon reboot, was presented with the Bluetooth screen once more. Sounds like I might have bricked the box. I also attempted to reset to an earlier firmware but it refused to let me do so saying I can’t go back to an earlier version. Any other thoughts please?

Comment

I attempted to do a reset by shorting the pins and selecting the option for factory reset, upon reboot, was presented with the Bluetooth screen once more. Sounds like I might have bricked the box. I also attempted to reset to an earlier firmware but it refused to let me do so saying I can’t go back to an earlier version. Any other thoughts please?
                        I assume by "earlier firmware" you meant the original Mecool ROM, am I correct.

What was the exact error message that was displayed, normally more than 1 line?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffers View Post

I assume by "earlier firmware" you meant the original Mecool ROM, am I correct.

What was the exact error message that was displayed, normally more than 1 line?
                          The earlier firmware was a magendanz one from November 2017. The message I got said something along the lines of error unable to revert to an earlier firmware. I took that to mean the Feb 2018 one can’t revert to November 2017. I had that on a USB drive so did an EXT boot. I have done the reboot to factory already and still got the same blue screen. Is there a zip file out there with the factory rom that I should use?

Comment

The earlier firmware was a magendanz one from November 2017. The message I got said something along the lines of error unable to revert to an earlier firmware. I took that to mean the Feb 2018 one can’t revert to November 2017. I had that on a USB drive so did an EXT boot. I have done the reboot to factory already and still got the same blue screen. Is there a zip file out there with the factory rom that I should use?
                            I have the LQ version and I found a factory zip ROM on this site.

Hopefully someone will reply to your post with a link to the factory zip ROM for your LB version.

Comment

Hi hohenheim
                              In the following DropBox link is a full twrp backup from the original factory 20180316.115110.V0213 Mecool M8s Pro L (LB) firmware (LB boxes with normal remote). It supports your wifi-BT Broadcom chipset.
                              You can flash it via twrp recovery (restore). Try it with your own risk.
                              Tell me if it works.

Comment

M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180417.150752.V0213.img this is the latest stock firmware for LB variant only!!!you can find link in the freaktab download folder.install using usb burning tool.do so at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
                                X