Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO L SCV2 ATV - Android 7.1.2 ( Android Tv Version )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fw 32bit or 64bit ???
    ​​​​​​I want 64bit

Comment

Was recently prompted for a new update on my Mecool Pro L android box. Attempted to update it, but it fails every time. I get the following message in the recovery image:
      "E: Error in @/cache/recovery/block.map
      (status 7 )"
      What does this mean? And how do I fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by LoKin View Post
        Was recently prompted for a new update on my Mecool Pro L android box. Attempted to update it, but it fails every time. I get the following message in the recovery image:
        "E: Error in @/cache/recovery/block.map
        (status 7 )"
        What does this mean? And how do I fix it?
        Maybe this check:- https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2522762

I had the problem when I was going back to a Meccol stock ROM from a custom ROM that I had installed and tried.

Comment

First thanks to SuperCeleron and Megandanz for their work on ROMs for these boxes. I have tried them all.

I like the ATV version particularly for the "backdrop" screensaver that shows random pics during idle time and save burning in images on my TVs!
          The NOT ATV Roms don't have that screensaver as an option so...… I want the ATV for just that feature. I can learn this fast enough.

Originally posted by Albertron View Post
          Hi. I have installed a New launcher, but I dont know how to put this launcher predeterminated. Anyone knows how to put any launcher predeterminated and the home button go to this New launcher?
          I was able to kill the ATV leanback launcher that is built into this EXCELLENT ROM! and replaced it with Top TV Launcher. I had to use a WIFI connection from a PC to the M8S Pro L (LS) and run an ADB shell command.

On the box
          Enable Developer Options and Allow USB Debugging.

On PC
          Open command prompt. Use adb over the network and connect to the box by its IP address
          adb connection (IP address of M8sL)

Now Run this Command
          adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.leanbacklauncher

success!

Now your box will use whatever home app you set. Mine did anyway.

Good Luck.

Comment

Hey Guys, i'm on a Mecool M8S Pro (LB Version, BT Voice Remote) with Stock-Rom and latest OTA.
            While i wasnt watching, my Dog deleted some minor System-Apps (e.g. Hindi Input, guess he doesnt speak that anyway).
            Now i found out, my Box doesnt pass the Safety Net-Test. I managed to boot TWRP from SD-Card, and take an Image from all (five) Partitions available. Unfortunatly, i dont have an untouched Stock-Rom.
            It looks like this (Post#157) is an Image from an untouched Box:
            Originally posted by supermal View Post
            https://mega.nz/#!lJ4GXabD!DDHIu0xLW...evs5dmsP0KTVHs try this link?this is a twrp back up of my mecool m8s pro l box.it is for those who have sticker on the back of the box with LB on the end only!it may not be compatible with boxes with older firmware.use at your own risk.
            Is it safe to give it a shot, will i be able to Restore my old System in Case anything goes wrong (wrong Image, any Keys whatever broken)?
            Does an untouched StockRom pass SafetyNet anyway?
            After (hopefully) restoring the Stock-Image, i want to install Magisk, to have a proper Root and to hide it from e.g. Netflix?

Im afraid of turning a medium Issue to a big Mess.... Thanks for clarifing Guys! :-)
            Last edited by dafunkys912; 11-01-2018, 11:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Giannis View Post
              Hi hohenheim
              In the following DropBox link is a full twrp backup from the original factory 20180316.115110.V0213 Mecool M8s Pro L (LB) firmware (LB boxes with normal remote). It supports your wifi-BT Broadcom chipset.
              You can flash it via twrp recovery (restore). Try it with your own risk.
              Tell me if it works.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pjfmzzckv...V0213.zip?dl=0
              can you upload this again please

Comment

Originally posted by wajeeh View Post

can you upload this again please

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Well this backup seem to have some issue . it is not showing the partitions to which the backup should be installed.

Comment

Superceleron I really like your roms. I use them on Alfawise, they are very good.
                      Tell me what will happen when I download this room to the LS version?
                      This is a new verse and you can not find any romu anywhere

Comment

hello.im from tunisia i dont speak english very well i try to understand as well i can.i have this box but the android version not android tv version.is it possible to make my box on android tv version.thanks

Comment

Hi!
                          I`ve got a Mecool (LB) with the following specs:
                          Model: M8S PRO L (Android TV 7.1.2)
                          Version: 7.1.2]
                          Kernel: 3.14.29
                          Thu Sep 13 18:28:55 CST 2018
                          Version # : M8S PRO L-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L
                          20180913.182655.V0213

Which ROM I could download to update it with a better one?

Sorry about my questions, because I am totally dummie about TV Boxes, ok?

Comment

Hello. I just installed this rom. Some apps give me an DRM error message. "error during license acquisition". Do you know why and how to solve this problem? Thank you

Comment

How can I download this firmware? All download links are not working. Does this firmware have a built-in Google Widevine L1 certificate?

Comment

Originally posted by Samson_tlt View Post
                                How can I download this firmware? All download links are not working. Does this firmware have a built-in Google Widevine L1 certificate?
                                I will fix it as soon as i can, and no.. no fw will give you Widevine L1.

Comment

Working...
                                X