Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[BRICK] Mecool M8s PRO L

Hi.

I'm new to this PRO L box and when i tried to copy the "SCV1 ATV - Android 7.1.2 (Android TV Version)" to the root of SDCARD and OTA updated it, it booted up to recovery (not TWRP) and gave me an error "failed to mount /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 on /sdcard for read and write(...)" then i rebooted and it freezed on the Splash MBOX logo... then i unplugged the power cord and pulgged it back on and nothing appears beside the blue led on the box... What can i do... Why that happened? I follow the instructions to update the rom... Copied the zip into the root of my sd card and choosed OTA update.... I received it yesterday so i've only done this. HELP ME PLS!

This is the link i followed: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...1-amlogic-s912

Has anyone got the firmware files to unbrick this box??... There's no information whatsoever about this issue i don't understand why... It's a low cost and great quality box... Unless everyone who tried to change firmware succeded

Comment

gl

Comment

u can get the image file and use USB Burning Tool

Comment

You will need to short the two pins and flash with a known good rom and usb cable. These dont have a reset, so pin shorting is needed.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

hello, i have the same problem!!!!! i think i bricked my m8s pro L ;( , i tried to short the two pins but nothing happens !!!! Can you show me how we do? thank you

Comment

Originally posted by toutankharton View Post
                hello, i have the same problem!!!!! i think i bricked my m8s pro L ;( , i tried to short the two pins but nothing happens !!!! Can you show me how we do? thank you
                Be careful, make sure you get the correct firmware for your device.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Thank you Clarkss12, i have the last firmware.
                  now my box stays on and can not be turned off. on my television there is no video signal

Comment

I also tried shorting these 2 pins and nothing happens.

Comment

grrrrrr!!!!!!!
                      another way to reinstall android????? please.....

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhc View Post

I have the same problem, should you use the top pins, or the ones under the board?

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhc View Post

1. Prepare firmware for your machine
                          2. Load the firmware onto USB Burning Tool
                          3. Press Start button at USB burning tool.
                          4. Don't connect the USB cable to the TV box yet.
                          5. Make short 2 pins and keep those shorted.
                          6. Connect the USB cable to the TV box while the pins are shorted.
                          7. Keep the pins shorted for several seconds. (If you use serial terminal, you will know how long you have to keep those shorted.)
                          8. Release the conductive material that you use to short the pins.
                          9. USB burning tool will find your device and start uploading the firmware to your machine automatically.

Comment

Working...
                          X