Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mecool M8S Pro L (LB) - HDCP Unprotected

Mecool M8S Pro L (LB) - HDCP Unprotected

Hi, yesterday I was watching Netflix and I started receiving a message that “We’re having trouble playing this tittle right now” error tvq-pm-100 (5.2.5). I tried to play other titles and got the same message.

I went to DRM info and somehow it lost HDCP support, and that’s the reason Netflix doesn’t play anymore. I know I can restore Widevine but do you guys know how to restore the HDCP level HDCP-1.x?

I have found and older BurnKeyTool 1.0 that has Widevine.bin and HDCP-key.bin filed but it doesn’t work with my newer version of Mecool M8S Pro L (LB)
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

How about BurnKey 1.0.3?

Comment

Originally posted by DreamSeason View Post
      How about BurnKey 1.0.3?
      Hi I tried BurnKey 1.02 and 1.06 but it seems they only have built in the Widevine not the HDCP. When you go to apply BurnKey 1.03 does it show Widevine and HDCP-Key?

Comment

Losing the HDCP is in the connection between your box and TV. Try a different HDMI cable or different TV.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
          Losing the HDCP is in the connection between your box and TV. Try a different HDMI cable or different TV.
          Hi Clarkss12 yes I did as well, connected in another tv that had another hdmi cable.

Last edited by adrdidi; 08-26-2018, 07:52.

Comment

I wrote an email to VideoStrong and to Bangood about the problem and hopefully they will send me an app like BurnKeyTool or the code to rewrites my HDCP back. It seems that HDCP code is specific to your device maybe based on your serial number / mac adddress.
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
            Last edited by adrdidi; 08-26-2018, 10:51.

Comment

Originally posted by adrdidi View Post
              I wrote an email to VideoStrong and to Bangood about the problem and hopefully they will send me an app like BurnKeyTool or the code to rewrites my HDCP back. It seems that HDCP code is specific to your device maybe based on your serial number / mac adddress.
              I am no expert, but HDCP is different than Widevine Level 1 DRM. If I connect my device that supports HDCP 2.2, to a TV that supports 4k, DRMinfo will show it is connected as HDCP 2.2. If I connect that same device to a 1080p TV, it will only show HDCP 1.x. I have a TV that does not support HDCP at all, so that device will show Unprotected.

It does appear that it is a hardware issue with your box. The HDMI port on your box, may have had a cold solder joint and lost connection. Software will NOT fix it, if that is the case.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I have my box going through my receiver... It shows unprotected. I used a disabler for protected content so I get no errors doing screen captures with pay channels and movies.

Comment

I am no expert, but HDCP is different than Widevine Level 1 DRM. If I connect my device that supports HDCP 2.2, to a TV that supports 4k, DRMinfo will show it is connected as HDCP 2.2. If I connect that same device to a 1080p TV, it will only show HDCP 1.x. I have a TV that does not support HDCP at all, so that device will show Unprotected.

It does appear that it is a hardware issue with your box. The HDMI port on your box, may have had a cold solder joint and lost connection. Software will NOT fix it, if that is the case.
                  Hi Clarkks12, yes it could be a hardware issue. It’s not the tv or cable because it was working fine before, and I tested after I had problems in 2 FullHD TVs with separate HDMI cable and also in a computer FullHD LED monitor. Let’s see what the manufacturer will reply to me.

I just notice that it lost the serial number as well. It’s showing unknown.
                  Last edited by adrdidi; 08-27-2018, 00:09.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by adrdidi View Post

Hi Clarkks12, yes it could be a hardware issue. It’s not the tv or cable because it was working fine before, and I tested after I had problems in 2 FullHD TVs with separate HDMI cable and also in a computer FullHD LED monitor. Let’s see what the manufacturer will reply to me.

I just notice that it lost the serial number as well. It’s showing unknown.
                      Did you do a factory reset??

Comment

Did you do a factory reset??
                        Yes I did factory reset, I also used USB Burning tool with the latest available img M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180417.150752.V0213.img from Freaktab but the serial number and HDCP somehow got missing
                        Last edited by adrdidi; 08-27-2018, 05:45.

Comment

Hello. you handled this problem because I have the same

Comment

same problem ?. tested 4 different tv , ( Samsung , asus , cranker , changhong ) many different HDMI cables ?. and tried to connect the box with av cable , but the error persist

Comment

Working...
                            X