Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware Request Mecool M8S PRO L "LB" version.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware Request Mecool M8S PRO L "LB" version.

Can one of you talented firmware creators please create a custom ROM for the Mecool M8S PRO L "LB" version. This is the one with the newer Wifi drivers as well as the Bluetooth remote?

I find the device as it is to be somewhat buggy. Lose the bluetooth regularly. Loses audio at times. Amazon Prime video does not work as this device is missing the DRM certification for amazon. Yeah I read it was patched in the latest OTA update but mine says "up to date" and yet no DRM.

Once again a device with good hardware undone by absolute shit software. So I look for a custom ROM to see if that will fix things. I'm sure there are others who would like this as well.

Thanks!

EDIT: Ok I was able to fix the losing of the Bluetooth. Its related to the Sleep function. Whenever the device wakes from sleep I lose Bluetooth. What worked is to go into settings and set the sleep function to "never" That has fixed that bug. Maybe it can help another.
    Last edited by Zodden; 10-05-2018, 15:49.

Hi Zodden. I have same issue with bluetooth. My bluetooth remote stops on sleep. I set mine to never however if the box goes to sleep and wakes up (having it set to sleep on the power key definition), it wakes up without it working.

have you managed to fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by Spadge47 View Post
      Hi Zodden. I have same issue with bluetooth. My bluetooth remote stops on sleep. I set mine to never however if the box goes to sleep and wakes up (having it set to sleep on the power key definition), it wakes up without it working.

have you managed to fix this?
      I guess I did NOT fix it. I thought I had but even though I set it to "never" it makes no difference the machine goes to sleep eventually regardless and when I get home from work it wakes up and bluetooth does not work.

I then have to go into settings and turn bluetooth off then on and it works or power off the box and turn on.

I am displeased with this box due to this, no amazon DRM, and pissed that I didn't do enough research to see that the box has been abandoned by modders.

Comment

What i’ve put is set power key to turn it off. It doesnt take long to turn it on and im finding it runs smoother!

Comment

on what build number you run guys?

Comment

Hi Zodden
            like Spadge47 i set power,button to shutdown and that helps. But you are right its not 100% because if i dont power down the box, eventually it will go to sleep on it own. So i have to turn it on, then turn it off and on again

Comment

Originally posted by Wellaflex Andrey View Post
              on what build number you run guys?
              20180803 build version

Comment

Working...
              X