Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro LB Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro LB Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these Nano and Stock Nexus ROMs prove that less can be more. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added ? la carte by the user as needed. These ROMs also serve as a foundation for TVStock Nexus ROMs, which deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package.

Important Note: Please use my affiliate link so that GearBest continues to send me sample hardware: MECOOL M8S PRO L 4K TV Box

Stock Nexus variant includes:Nano Nexus variant includes:
    • Open GApps Nano Package
    • Google Now Launcher (replaces Lighthome Launcher)
    • Google Chrome Browser (replaces AOSP Browser)
    • Google Legacy Camera (replaces AOSP Camera)
    • Google Desk Clock (replaces AOSP Desk Clock)
    • Google WebView (replaces AOSP WebView)
    • Terminal app from LineageOS
    • TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0 by TeamWin
    Changelog (20190227):
    • Fixed voice remote
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20190227)
    Changelog (20190217):
    • Updated to latest M8S Pro LB OEM firmware (20181018.101400.V0213)
    • Developer Options now visible by default in Settings.
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0 using minimal OMNI twrp-8.1 branch and latest OEM kernel
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20190209)
    Changelog (20181111):
    • Updated to latest M8S Pro LB OEM firmware (20180803.173707.V0213)
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20181111)
    Known Bugs:
    • You can enable the nav bar in Settings->Display->Statusbar, but may need to toggle back and forth before it will show.
    • The Live Wallpaper service is not enabled in the Amlogic SDK 7.1.
    Download:Notes:
    • This firmware is designed for the newer M8S Pro LB variant with the Broadcom BCM4335 wireless chipset. If you install it on earlier (LQ) hardware, WiFi and Bluetooth won't work. (The variant should be the last two letters in the string above the bar code on the bottom.)
    • The underlying OEM firmware for this build is pre-rooted, so this is too.
    • The updater is signed, and so can be installed in the Update app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's designed for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. If you're installing for the first time, you should include a data wipe.
    • The safest bet is always to install the full Amlogic burn package with USB Burning Tool. With no reset switch, you can trigger USB detection by typing "reboot update" in a terminal window.
    • The local terminal app shows after being enabled in Settings->Developer Options.
    • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset.
    Credits:Donations:
    • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_27527.jpg Views:	2 Size:	21.5 KB ID:	686036Click image for larger version  Name:	image_28627.jpg Views:	1 Size:	17.6 KB ID:	686045Click image for larger version  Name:	image_28626.jpg Views:	1 Size:	26.9 KB ID:	686044Click image for larger version  Name:	image_28620.jpg Views:	1 Size:	24.7 KB ID:	686039Click image for larger version  Name:	image_28622.jpg Views:	1 Size:	51.5 KB ID:	686040Click image for larger version  Name:	image_28617.jpg Views:	1 Size:	37.4 KB ID:	686037Click image for larger version  Name:	image_28618.jpg Views:	1 Size:	34.0 KB ID:	686038Click image for larger version  Name:	image_28623.jpg Views:	1 Size:	30.6 KB ID:	686041Click image for larger version  Name:	image_28624.jpg Views:	1 Size:	43.7 KB ID:	686042Click image for larger version  Name:	image_28625.jpg Views:	1 Size:	62.2 KB ID:	686043Click image for larger version  Name:	image_28621.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.8 KB ID:	686047Click image for larger version  Name:	image_28619.jpg Views:	1 Size:	32.2 KB ID:	686046
    Last edited by Guest; 02-28-2019, 05:35.

Magendanz, you're amazing! Thank you!
    I'll set up my box(es) on weekend. Once again: Thank you!

Folks, don't forget to donate for Magendanz's great work: Just click here.

Comment

Hi,
      thank you for the great ROM. I have one problem with the Rii i8 + bluetooth keyboard. The connection will succeed but that's all. The problem is probably in the Bluetooth HID drivers. I found the same problem here and Beeling solved it. http://www.bee-link.com/Beelink-248-1-1.html
      I'm afraid Mecool will not deal with it. If you ever had time I would like to try to solve it.
      Thank you
      Petr

Comment

Hi,
        Thanks for a great ROM, but Google Voice Control does not work with my remote. Have tested with all launcher.--

Skickat fr?n Iphone 7

Comment

Hi, because the Rii i8 + does not work, I bought the EVOLVEO WK29B BLUETOOTH KEYBOARD http://www.evolveo.com/en/WK29B unfortunately does not work either.
          Is there a working keyboard?

Comment

i use a Victsing keybord with pad and i think the logiteck k400+ does work (i'm on stock for the moment)
            Sorry for my badly english

Comment

Installed this ROM and everything works fine. Except Youtube, the audio keeps cutting off after 2-3 minutes. Anyone else facing this issue? Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by san_ic View Post
                Installed this ROM and everything works fine. Except Youtube, the audio keeps cutting off after 2-3 minutes. Anyone else facing this issue? Any thoughts on how to fix this?
                Correction, same issue with Netflix as well

Comment

Same issue on all apps. Even when I cast to the box from my phone, the audio cuts off after a few minutes. Any ideas?

Comment

I just got mine a couple of days ago: Mecool M8S PRO L S912 Android 7.1 TV BOX Amlogic 3GB+16GB
                    Is this image ok for this model. If not then whats the latest for this box please?
                    Cant install TWRP as there is no reset button on newer models.
                    Also is there any update on this audio issue yet.

Comment

Thanks Magendanz for the ROM, installed yesterday and everything works fine for know. In my opinion much better then stock ROM, finally i can install all apps from google play and you have little support from me.

Comment

Originally posted by san_ic View Post
                        Perhaps an older version of youtube may resolve it? That's what i'm using now

Comment

Guest Can i outright update the OTA firmware without flashing?

Comment

Guest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I'm not sure what you mean here. You flash firmware, whether it's an OTA update (.zip file) or burn package (.img file). You mean without wiping user data? Generally, you can do incremental updates of the same custom ROM without wiping data, but it's always safer to start with a clean slate.

OTA update from USB stick works with no problem, 'clear cache' and 'wipe data' must be ticked and that's it.

Comment

Even if the one installed is newer then the usb stick. Rom

Comment

Working...
                            X