Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro LB Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changelog (20190217):
    • Updated to latest M8S Pro LB OEM firmware (20181018.101400.V0213)
    • Developer Options now visible by default in Settings.
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0 using minimal OMNI twrp-8.1 branch and latest OEM kernel
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20190209)
    Known Bugs:
    • You can enable the nav bar in Settings->Display->Statusbar, but may need to toggle back and forth before it will show.
    • The Live Wallpaper service is not enabled in the Amlogic SDK 7.1.
    Download:

Comment

thanks

Comment

+1

Comment

Amazing job!

Comment

I try both Nano and stom, I did a wipe before install

Once installed there is always " close app" pop windows every time coming in

I'm now back on a stock rom update_M8S_PRO_LB-V0213_TVStock-20181111

Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong ?

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Hmmm...I just flashed using the Amlogic burn package and am not seeing any apps quitting unexpectedly. Which app was it?

Changelog (20190227):
            • Fixed voice remote
            • Latest build from Open GApps (20190227)
            Download:

Comment

Nice. Thanks Magendanz for your Work.

Comment

Thanks
                I try to install the last Nano and stock variant
                Both give the same "setup wizard have stop " pop windows
                And come back at the same welcome to your nexus m8s pro l...

Just to let you know

PS
                Before install the stock or Nano variant
                I'm. Doing a wipe and after install
                Not sure if that is the best thing to do

Comment

I had the same thing happen. When "Setup Wizard Has Stopped" comes up ... select "Mute Until App Restarts" (or something along those words) it should move along. When it hangs up on any screen (Checking for updates) I would let it sit .. if it hangs for over 5 minutes .. press back button on remote.

Good luck. It is frustrating sometimes, but works well when you get it.

Comment

Yeah, unfortunately a crash during setup is actually pretty catastrophic, since the launcher hasn't yet loaded. I haven't hit this issue myself, but as a last resort you can always launch TWRP and delete the /system/priv-app/SetupWizard folder. That will just skip the setup wizard and you'll get the sign in later when you open the Google Play Store. Another option is to roll back to the previous release.

Unfortunately, I just spent yesterday tracking down the voice remote issue and trying (unsuccessfully) to get the game controllers working. I won't have another day to look at this for a few weeks, as I have other work commitments.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                      Yeah, unfortunately a crash during setup is actually pretty catastrophic, since the launcher hasn't yet loaded. I haven't hit this issue myself, but as a last resort you can always launch TWRP and delete the /system/priv-app/SetupWizard folder. That will just skip the setup wizard and you'll get the sign in later when you open the Google Play Store. Another option is to roll back to the previous release.

Unfortunately, I just spent yesterday tracking down the voice remote issue and trying (unsuccessfully) to get the game controllers working. I won't have another day to look at this for a few weeks, as I have other work commitments.
                      Received M8S Pro L today, how to know if it is L or LB?

Comment

Look at the last two letters on label on the bottom of the box.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnySmith View Post
                          Look at the last two letters on label on the bottom of the box.
                          Thanks, it says DDR3 LB

Comment

Guest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yep, that's the hardware variant that this custom ROM was built for.

Guest Does the LB version have any advantages, or disadvantages, over the other version of the hardware?

Comment

Guest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Well, the Broadcom 4355 wireless chipset has better maintained drivers, which don't require the compatibility layer that those based on the Qualcomm chipsets still do. In practice, though, you probably won't notice the difference.

Thanks Guest

Comment

Working...
                          X