Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro LB Stock & Nano Nexus ROM (Android 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dknwide View Post

thanks

was hoping for .img files and those look like zips for twrp recovery/restore

i can't see the screen because hdmi out is not showing a picture

are there img versions available that i can use with the usb burning tool?
    You could try one of Magendanz versions.They are available as OTA and img. Be aware of LQ and LB Versions.

Comment

first of all thank you for this

noob alert, how do i access twrp?
      Last edited by logmarshall; 08-14-2019, 17:17.

Comment

First of all, thank you for a wonderful firmware.

The reason for my post is that after installing the firmware through the OTA update, everything works fine, but there is no working Files app ( default, stock Android file manager ).

I can clearly see it in the /system/priv-app/DocumentsUI/DocumentsUI.apk, but there is no shortcut to it in the launcher, and it cannot be started in any way, for the purpose of browsing files on the internal storage or the external memory card.

Could you look into it, please? Otherwise, it takes a bit of jumping through hoops to install an initial/alternative file manager through the Downloads provider app, when not using the Play Store.

Thank you for your time.
        Last edited by Tomo123; 09-22-2019, 03:41. Reason: Damn these smartphone keyboards! :)

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll take a look at this. Sounds like VideoStrong changed the manifest so that it doesn't show in the launcher.

I would really, really appreciate it. Thank you.

EDIT: I have the NANO OTA package on my box.

Comment

Did you manage to take a look at the issue, my good man?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            No, not yet...and I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm starting a new job right now and am fighting a cold. Won't have time probably for a week or two.

No worries. I wish you the best of luck at the new job, and here's to that damn cold going away soon!

Comment

Just received a Wechip W1 airmouse & remote control. Works wonderfully with this box. So, if anyone is looking for a good remote, I can recommend it.
            Last edited by Tomo123; 10-07-2019, 18:02.

Comment

Dear Magendanz, did you manage to check out the Files issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomo123 View Post
                Dear Magendanz, did you manage to check out the Files issue?
                So you struggle installing apps without access to filemanager?
                Why you dont use adb shell and Install TotalCommander?
                adb Install package.apk.
                Or copy to usb drive and use built in terminal with
                pm Install package.apk

Comment

It's not a problem for me, but for the rest of the family that have the same boxes and Magendanz firmware installed on them

Comment

Hi Am still running on stock LB model with firmware 20180803, can i just download the latest OTA 20181018 from Stock Variant above and update via USB? Box is running well though

Comment

Dear All,

I have bought a Mecool M8S pro l (LB) TV Box. It is working well but I have one particular problem with it. If I try to connect to WIFI it can see the available SSIDs but it can connect only to SSID without password protection. If I try to connect to a password protected SSID it cannot connect because of "invalid password" (I am sure about the pwd) and it has no IP address. If I check it in the router logs I can see that the connection was successful but it has no IP. I tried the WPS as well, the TV BOX said connection successfully, but it is not true because it has no IP at all and it is not working. I installed this Nexus ROM but the box can still connect only to open (without password) WIFI. With ethernet cable it is working well.

Do you have any idea what is the problem?

Thanks!

Comment

Some fellow Mecool owners reported issues with certain router models. Not knowing the model of your router, I cannot comment.

You can try different WIFI encryption methods, if the router allows it. Also, there is probably a DHCP issue ( old IP lease or something similar ). Did you restart the router?

Comment

is this a better ROM than this one?

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these Nano and Stock Nexus ROMs prove that less can be more. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare

I'm confused as to which one to use..

Comment

First of all, thank you Guest for this wonderful firmware.

The reason for my post is to know if someone has encountered the same difficulties, around Google Contacts, on a mecool m8s LB, with stock nexus rom of 27 Feb 2019.

Opening the Google Contacts, do not appears any contact that I have, and worse, it does not let me create even a new one, giving error, saying like I cannot change contacts...

Have tried all the ways by looking online, around clean data and cache of GoogleContactsSync, GooglePlayServices, Contacts itself, adding and removing the google account, disable sync and enable it again, Resets to factory, flashed more than once... and all with the same result. No contacts!

On settings -> GoogleAccount -> apears contacts sync service disabled, and the choice ctrl itself is disabled, so cannot not enablet it.

I have tried with the same google account on another tv android box, and no problem at all.

Anyone has the same problem or is just me?! Any suggestion?
                            Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X