Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro LB TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering if there is an option to shut down after some time of inactivity.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Comment

Good morning to everyone!
      Magendanz, superb work of yours!
      I installed your rom yesterday via sdcard and did not get the power button next to the apps button on the main screen (there are four buttons down left on your screenshot, I got only three of them) What might have gone wrong?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        That power button is a feature of the Shiningworth firmware, where they added a new activity to the TVSettings.apk. It's not in the releases from VideoStrong.

Thank you very much for your quick reply Magendanz!!!

Comment

Hey, I'd like to bring up an issue I face. Sometimes volume is muted all of a sudden or I'm redirected to main screen or YouTube jumps to the next video.
        I can't tell if it's the ROM or the remote or an app I have installed.

Is there any way to check that?

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi !

Stupid quesiton but this custom ROM is for Mecool M8S Pro L LB or M8S Pro LB ?

Because I have a M8S Pro L LB and I try to flash this ROM under recovery with Burn Maker, but after firmware update the light turn red. I unplug and replug the alimentation, light blue, but nothing on screen, test with two hdmi cable, PC monitor and TV.

Now I have no possibility to reflash

Thanks for your answer

Comment

Originally posted by rere130 View Post
            Stupid quesiton but this custom ROM is for Mecool M8S Pro L LB or M8S Pro LB ?
            It's for the M8S Pro L with model number ending with LB. Sound like VideoStrong may have changed up the hardware again so that its incompatible with the 20181018.101400.V0213 OEM firmware release. You should be able to recover the device using Mask ROM Mode, however, using a known-good Amlogic burn package (.img file) and USB Burning Tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post

It's for the M8S Pro L with model number ending with LB. Sound like VideoStrong may have changed up the hardware again so that its incompatible with the 20181018.101400.V0213 OEM firmware release. You should be able to recover the device using Mask ROM Mode, however, using a known-good Amlogic burn package (.img file) and USB Burning Tool.
              Thanks for your fast answer ! That the futur test: short pin nand ship but I don't have a USB cable male male so I ordre it.
              None of your Rom would work for me ? That's sad

I have an official know-good burn package to get back to zero.

Comment

Originally posted by corleone13000 View Post

I'm using a Netflix no ATV version that runs fine on this TVStock Nexus ROM : https://apkdot.com/apk/netflix-inc/n...0-build-17074/

This version fits well my expectation then I did not try any more recent releases . BTW, with a mouse it's more convenient.
                Thank you for info.
                does Netflix HD work with this version?

Comment

Could you shared the password required to get the firmware from the following repos:

Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! freaktab.org ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf freaktab.org alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Thanks in advance

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Which file in that directory? (The damn file share defaults to password protected, and sometimes I forget to uncheck it.)

Originally posted by corleone13000 View Post

I'm using a Netflix no ATV version that runs fine on this TVStock Nexus ROM : https://apkdot.com/apk/netflix-inc/n...0-build-17074/

This version fits well my expectation then I did not try any more recent releases . BTW, with a mouse it's more convenient.
                  It doesn't seem to work for me. It says "couldn't reach Netflix service". Did you do something else besides just install it?

Comment

Originally posted by Freddydq View Post

Could you shared the password required to get the firmware from the following repos:

Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! freaktab.org ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf freaktab.org alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Thanks in advance
                    Thanks Guest for your reply.

I want test the last two firmwares of this directory for M8S Pro L LB that I think are the lastest firmwares ables:

update_M8S_PRO_LB-V0213_Stock-20181111.zip (695.23 MB)
                    update_M8S_PRO_LB-V0213_TVStock-20181111.zip (552.07 MB)

I have M8S Pro LB both versions with ATV (voice control) and normal (without voice control) and I would like update the firmware due to some issues in my devices.

I think that the update_M8S_PRO_LB-V0213_Stock-20181111.zip (695.23 MB) is for normal version (without voice control) and

the update_M8S_PRO_LB-V0213_TVStock-20181111.zip (552.07 MB) is for ATV (voice control).

Could you confirm if is correct.

Thanks again for your great help.

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Okay, the permissions are corrected on those files now.

The TVStock variant is Android TV and should work with either the voice control remote or the old IR remote. I removed the Bluetooth pairing requirement during setup, though, so you have to do that yourself in Settings. If you run into any troubles with voice control, let me know. Some OEM ROMs were missing required libraries, and my early builds that were based on them hadn't yet restored those.

Hello! I have on my device, installed M8S_PRO_LB-V0213_TVStock-20181111.img, but I have some issues with this ROM:

Netflix - not working ui-800-3 error

My wifi not working, I don't see any wifi adapter on network settings.

I am only able to use it with over ethernet.

I reverted to the OEM firmware: M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20170918.111557.V0619, but the situation persists, even for Netflix.

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well, those use different wireless chipsets, and so WiFi and Bluetooth are expected to be non-functional. The Netflix problem is universal to Android TV devices that aren't whitelisted, which you can only get with Netflix certification.

Ok....but the first time when I installed nexus firmware (M8S_PRO_LB-20181018.101400.V0213) my wifi were ok...
                    Regarding issues with the Netflix, on the OEM firmware, I managed touse my account, but I didn't liked, because was the tablet version.
                    There is a way to find what wifi chipset it using my device!

Comment

Hello dear i bought km8p android tv box 1/32,i am searching for custom rom if any one know there is any custom rom for km8p tv box please send me link if yes.thnx

Comment

hi Guest , tq for the great rom. i have been using it for a few weeks and all is ok.

but i cannot find clock in screen saver setting. the choice is turn screen off, backdrop & colors. is there any way i can set screen saver to clock, black screen with just the digital clock floating around?

tq

Comment

Working...
                        X