Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro LB TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you give me please original firmware for this tv Box !

Comment

Nice work. Much smoother than the original. Theres a bug in both original and this firmware.

If you put box to sleep on bluetooth remote, leave it 5 mins and wake up the box, the bluetooth stops working on the remote.
      Any chance you could possibly find a fix for this?

Comment

Some programs just refuse to run because "the box" is rooted. Is it possible to unroot?

Magendanz can you please provide a build of the rom without root? I've tried using SuperSU to do it without success

Thanks

Comment

Hey, today TV box stopped connecting to wifi. It won't even see it. Actually, it doesn't see any WiFi connection around. Yesterday I installed and app, but it didn't seem to have caused any conflict. I uninstalled just in case, but the problem persist. When I turn on the TV box, it used to connect automatically. Now, WiFi is set to off, and when I switch it on, it turns back to off after a minute. Any help, plz?

Comment

Originally posted by lux aeterna View Post
          Hey, today TV box stopped connecting to wifi. It won't even see it. Actually, it doesn't see any WiFi connection around. Yesterday I installed and app, but it didn't seem to have caused any conflict. I uninstalled just in case, but the problem persist. When I turn on the TV box, it used to connect automatically. Now, WiFi is set to off, and when I switch it on, it turns back to off after a minute. Any help, plz?
          This happened to me,I was lucky Gearbest gave me a refund, I kept the box.

I installed corelec with a wifi dongle, but I never found a dongle that would work with android. I tried most of the custom roms, but I gave up. If you are good at soldering, you could try replacing the aerial, but I'm not sure if it will work.

Network port still works.

Comment

Sorry for asking something that's certainly been asked before.
            Got the M8S Pro L (B) and recently used the stock updater to install the Nano Nexus ROM. Everything was fine but decided I wasn't overkeen on the minimalist look and decided to go back to stock. HOW DO I DO THIS?

Tried using the BurnCard Maker. Did what I needed, put it in the box and it doesn't start recovery, just loads the box as normal. I don't have a USB cable to try and use the USB Burning Tool. Is there any other easy way that I can get back to stock? Can anyone point me to anything that I can follow?

Thanks if someone can help.

QUICK UPDATE..

Just tried it again. It flashed up with the droid and said upgrading. Stayed on the screen for about a second then changed to No Signal. Box now has blue light but no signal when I try to restart it again.

Is it goosed??

Comment

Hi, I bricked my m8s Pro LB and now only the blue light is on, but no signal through the HDMI port, so can't see anything on the screen.

Tried using USB Burning Tool (2.1.7.0) and fortunately the box is initially connecting successfully via USB, however I cannot find the correct ROM to push the package down to the box. Tried using OP's ROM .img and I keep getting this error at 2%:

[Err]--[0x10105004]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/Error result

Reading around, it seems I don't have the correct ROM for the LB and no one has an .IMG of the stock ROM, so I'm stuck.

I tried the SD CARD method, but the box won't recognize/boot from the card, and I can't load up TWRP because I can't see the boot screen (no output to HDMI).

Suggestions, or is this box toast?

Thanks!

Comment

Hey guys,
                been using this Rom for a pretty while now and use it on couple of friends boxes too.
                I wonder if there is a possibility to boot into TWRP after the first flash like button combo or something similar.
                The way I do it now is flashing then Setup Wizard then installing Quick Reboot app from Chrome and Apkmirror.

Comment

Hey. We are using Mobdro no ATV version it is working fine on nexus ROM, I downloaded the App from https://apkpassion.com/mobdro-for-smart-tv/
                  I am using this for past 3 months and not having an issue. I don't know what will happen after the update. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Snakx View Post

in the magisk hide option:
                    hide root for all live tv and streamning providers apps
                    after i hide root for all google play apps (play store, game, movie)
                    (i can't see in my box now, my wife see netflix lol)
                    hi i got as far as:
                    # reflash
                    - rom with burn cark maker or usb burning tool
                    - after flash go in TWRP get a factory reset
                    - flash cleansu.zip

now i cant access TWRP, am i missing something?

edit:turned off then repeat pressed menu on boot
                    Last edited by logmarshall; 08-14-2019, 22:30.

Comment

can some one point me in the correct direction how to solder a reset button or switch or modify the m8s pro l please as its on a blue light nothing else ,,,many thanks
                      Last edited by cheezy13; 09-02-2019, 18:27. Reason: sorry must have repeated it

Comment

You don't need to solder anything, buy one of these https://www.kenable.co.uk/en/usb-cables-adapters/usb-20-cables/6865-kenable-usb-20-a-to-a-male-to-male-high-speed-black-cable-15m-5ft-006865-5055383468652.html

Then use the USB Burning Tool from here https://www.mediafire.com/file/0s5q2...8_x86.rar/file
                        with this ROM https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...android-tv-7-1

Run the USB Burning Tool on the PC - Select the Language from the middle tab.
                        Do NOT power up the M8S media box, but rather plug a USB-A to USB-A cable from the M8S Pro L to the PC
                        Quickly press the Menu button on the Media Box's remote (3 bars button). Keep pressing until you see that there is a connection between the M8S and the USB Burning Tool under Device ID.
                        In the USB Burning Tool go to File >> Import image ... then press Start and wait until it is finished

I followed the above and mine is now working fine again.

Comment

will this work with the LB version ,, its a shame mecool left out the reset button thank you for your reply suttoner

Comment

this is what i get failed
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

first put the rom you will use, then press start, only then plug the device into the USB port.

Comment

Working...
                              X