Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro LB TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i flash ths day with sd card maker and all work good mycanal (french tv app), netflix, last version of youtube. thanks Guest

Originally posted by Mainspring729 View Post
    Can anyone explain how to change the login settings for Netflix on the Gapps OTA Update? Darned if I can see how to get my username/password into this app.
    in settings of netflix you can disconnect
    Sorry for my badly english

Comment

Thanks 'Magendanz' for providing the LB version of the nexus ROM. Installed it yesterday on one of my boxes with no issues. But then spent a good 5 hours trying to again resolve one of my ongoing problems.

That Being. The Box is Rooted from factory. Some streaming apps specific to our country (New Zealand) won't allow videos to be played because of this.

I have tried to hide root with Magisk installed through TWRP under the new ROM to no avail. (Limited success on one streaming app) Plus a myriad of other apps to try and solve the problem. My wife considers the tv box useless because of this inability to perform some simple streaming tasks.

The main APP of issue is 'Lightbox' .

Has anybody here successfully unrooted the M8S Pro L box? If so I would be most appreciative if you could share the process you went through.

Fed up KIWI.

Comment

Originally posted by SYMONDO View Post
        Thanks 'Magendanz' for providing the LB version of the nexus ROM. Installed it yesterday on one of my boxes with no issues. But then spent a good 5 hours trying to again resolve one of my ongoing problems.

That Being. The Box is Rooted from factory. Some streaming apps specific to our country (New Zealand) won't allow videos to be played because of this.

I have tried to hide root with Magisk installed through TWRP under the new ROM to no avail. (Limited success on one streaming app) Plus a myriad of other apps to try and solve the problem. My wife considers the tv box useless because of this inability to perform some simple streaming tasks.

The main APP of issue is 'Lightbox' .

Has anybody here successfully unrooted the M8S Pro L box? If so I would be most appreciative if you could share the process you went through.

Fed up KIWI.
        flash the cleanSU.zip in TWRP for delete the inbuilt root and after you flash magisk.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Snakx View Post

flash the cleanSU.zip in TWRP for delete the inbuilt root and after you flash magisk.
          Thanks for that. I flashed the 'cleanupSU' which showed 'No SuperSU, No CMRoot, No systemless SuperSU found.' Which I guess is a fail.

Root checker still shows as device rooted.

Tried flashing Magisk again and in magisk manager I did have 'CTS Profile: False' in the safety net checker which could be causing the problem. Although it is still showing as Rooted after the above exercise.

I have tried the 'Magisk hide prop config' Module to see if this can resolve this issue but in all honesty I don't really know what I am doing.

I know just enough to get myself mid way down the rabbit hole then stuck.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Thanks for that. I flashed the 'cleanupSU' which showed 'No SuperSU, No CMRoot, No systemless SuperSU found.' Which I guess is a fail.

Root checker still shows as device rooted.

Tried flashing Magisk again and in magisk manager I did have 'CTS Profile: False' in the safety net checker which could be causing the problem. Although it is still showing as Rooted after the above exercise.

I have tried the 'Magisk hide prop config' Module to see if this can resolve this issue but in all honesty I don't really know what I am doing.

I know just enough to get myself mid way down the rabbit hole then stuck.

Any thoughts?
            have CTS profile : false but netflix work good.

# reflash
            - rom with burn cark maker or usb burning tool
            - after flash go in TWRP get a factory reset
            - flash cleansu.zip
            - flash Magisk
            - clear dalvik art/cache
            - reboot

Comment

Originally posted by Snakx View Post

have CTS profile : false but netflix work good.

# reflash
              - rom with burn cark maker or usb burning tool
              - after flash go in TWRP get a factory reset
              - flash cleansu.zip
              - flash Magisk
              - clear dalvik art/cache
              - reboot
              Hi 'Snakz' Thanks again for your input. I gave that a try in that exact order. I had a different response from 'cleansu.zip' in that it did find and remove 'SuperSU' and 'Sytemless SuperSU' which had me hopeful.
              Unfortunately the end result was the box was still seen as rooted. I tried to hide root again with magisk manager to no avail.

I feel I am missing something fundamentally simple here? But not sure what.

Comment

Hi 'Snakz' Thanks again for your input. I gave that a try in that exact order. I had a different response from 'cleansu.zip' in that it did find and remove 'SuperSU' and 'Sytemless SuperSU' which had me hopeful.
                Unfortunately the end result was the box was still seen as rooted. I tried to hide root again with magisk manager to no avail.

I feel I am missing something fundamentally simple here? But not sure what.
                in the magisk hide option:
                hide root for all live tv and streamning providers apps
                after i hide root for all google play apps (play store, game, movie)
                (i can't see in my box now, my wife see netflix lol)

Comment

thnx Guest
                  got one big problem with the original and your firmware, i see my wifi and i use the RIGHT password, but the box mecool LB s912 3gb 16GB just wont accept my password, which is really the right one, all my other wifi devices work perfect.

Comment

Hi can anyone please confirm if a dubbel tap on the home button opens up the multi tasking recent apps feature as that's the only thing not working in the stock rom and will apps keep running in the background? Thanks

Comment

Yes I can confirm that double tapping home button opens "recent apps" where you can close them if you want

Comment

Pictures in OP show 2 rows of 8 apps in homescreen.
                        I only have 1 row with more than 15 apps.
                        I want to change the layout.
                        How to do this?

Edit: Magendanz is right, when I installed a 16th app, second line appeared an now I have 2 lines of 8.
                        Last edited by DVO-er; 11-30-2018, 18:05.

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I had a lot more than 8 apps when I took that screenshot. I forget how much it takes to wrap to a new row, but eventually they will.

I used Mecools Update app and wiped both "data" and "media".
                        After installation of the zip-file, my BT voice remote worked only as a IR device and the microphone of it not at all.
                        It took me some searching to find out how to pair it again as a bluetooth device.
                        You put the remote in pairing mode by removing batteries, putting them back and then press Volume Down (-) and OK for 3 seconds

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                          Last edited by DVO-er; 12-02-2018, 15:51.

Comment

I used Mecools Update app and wiped both "data" and "media" and installed your zip-file
                            Before I installed your zip-file, Netflix was working flawless.
                            But now I get an error NW-6-404

Edit: After I tried to install several older versions of Netflix from APTOID used app Burnkey Tools,
                            removed them "manually" and then again installed Netflix from Playstore and this time it works!!
                            Last edited by DVO-er; 12-02-2018, 15:55.

Comment

Originally posted by DVO-er View Post
                              I used Mecools Update app and wiped both "data" and "media".
                              After installation of the zip-file, my BT voice remote worked only as a IR device and the microphone of it not at all.
                              It took me some searching to find out how to pair it again as a bluetooth device.
                              You put the remote in pairing mode by removing batteries, putting them back and then press Volume Down (-) and OK for 3 seconds
                              Yes. The LED of the remote control blinks in pairing mode. not remobing the batteries just push Volume down and OK

Originally posted by DVO-er View Post
                              I used Mecools Update app and wiped both "data" and "media" and installed your zip-file
                              Before I installed your zip-file, Netflix was working flawless.
                              But now I get an error-6-404
                              netflix work good for me. but have flash with sd card maker for clean install

Comment

Working...
                              X