Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro LB TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, got wifi working with WPA (TKIP) as security level on my router for WLAN, but the box wont connect to WPA + WPA2 , OEM or your Rom, doesnt matter.
    will this be fixed by update?

And also my Box has a new Firmware when i got it yesterday. see pic

my Box is a S912 LB 3GB 16GB
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181128_164430.jpg Views:	2 Size:	105.8 KB ID:	752947
    Attached Files

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you find me a link to this new OEM firmware?

Hi Team.
    How do I add apps to the home screen please?
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Comment

Does anyone have any advice on getting Show Box to run? I just installed the app from Aptoide TV and now I get an internet connection error when I launch the app.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
        In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these TVStock Nexus ROMs deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added a la carte by the user as needed, just as I've done with the Stock and Nano variants.

TVStock variant includes:Changelog (20181111):
        • Updated to latest M8S Pro LB OEM firmware (20180803.173707.V0213)
        • Latest build from Open GApps (20181111)
        Known Bugs:
        • Google Cast service works from Chrome browser, but apparently requires Google license to work from Android apps.
        Download:Notes:
        • This firmware is designed for the newer M8S Pro LB variant with the Broadcom BCM4335 wireless chipset. If you install it on earlier (LQ) hardware, WiFi and Bluetooth won't work. (The variant should be the last two letters in the string above the bar code on the bottom.)
        • The underlying OEM firmware for this build is pre-rooted, so this is too.
        • The updater is signed, and so can be installed in the Update app, the stock recovery, or TWRP. It's designed for incremental updates, since user data is preserved. If you're installing for the first time, you should include a data wipe.
        • The safest bet is always to install the full Amlogic burn package with USB Burning Tool. With no reset switch, you can trigger USB detection by typing "reboot update" in a terminal window.
        • The local terminal app shows after being enabled in Settings->Developer Options.
        • Flash ROMs at your own risk and always remember to back up your data first. The burn package includes a factory reset.
        Credits:Donations:
        • Your support is always appreciated! Just click here.

Click image for larger version Name:	nexus.jpg Views:	1 Size:	21.5 KB ID:	676339Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-094430.jpg Views:	1 Size:	27.0 KB ID:	676348Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033009.jpg Views:	1 Size:	127.7 KB ID:	676340Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-031607.jpg Views:	1 Size:	93.2 KB ID:	676341Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033026.jpg Views:	1 Size:	33.7 KB ID:	676342Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033043.jpg Views:	1 Size:	38.3 KB ID:	676343Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033120.jpg Views:	1 Size:	151.6 KB ID:	676344Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033144.jpg Views:	1 Size:	98.3 KB ID:	676345Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033246.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.3 KB ID:	676346Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20170725-033331.jpg Views:	1 Size:	50.2 KB ID:	676347
        Hello man. Thank's. I send a simple donation. Very Good JOB.
        how to remove root?

Comment

Originally posted by rapht1 View Post

Hello man. Thank's. I send a simple donation. Very Good JOB.
          how to remove root?
          flash this for remove root https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...602#post752602
          Sorry for my badly english

Comment

i was looking for a link, but found nothing yet. i can do a backup with twrp, upload it and send you a link

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              We've come up dry too. I'm assuming you didn't get this OTA, which would be better, but I can work with a TWRP backup. Please include the boot and system partitions. Ideally, I'd like the bootloader and dtb partitions too, but I don't think you can get that from TWRP.

UPDATE: We found it here: https://mega.nz/#F!rBFx0SZI!Xd-9Ft66lazVdGNqD8PETw
              Last edited by Guest; 12-03-2018, 23:24.

Hello,
            does amazon prime video work with this rom?
            Thank you.

Comment

I downloaded TV launcher form Playstore but the mediaplayer keeps using the original launcher.

I already set it as standard launcher app in settings but that didn't work.
              How to do it?
              Last edited by DVO-er; 12-02-2018, 16:05.

Comment

Guest Backup is on the way, check your PMs

"We've come up dry too. I'm assuming you didn't get this OTA, which would be better, but I can work with a TWRP backup. Please include the boot and system partitions. Ideally, I'd like the bootloader and dtb partitions too, but I don't think you can get that from TWRP."

No OTA, out of Box Firmware.

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Got it! I'll convert this to an Amlogic burn package (.img file) that you can use with USB Burning Tool for recovery.

Guest In description of rom you are writing it includes both:
                But in Play store of Rom I can only download TV based apps. If it includes GApps Nano Package
                I should be able to download Mobile based apps
                from Play Store. How to download Mobile based
                apps from Play Store.

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The Open GApps TVStock package overwrites the non-ATV version of the Google Play Store that you get from the Nano package, so this is expected. There are also changes to the platform permissions. You can't really have a device that's both ATV and non-ATV.

Hi, new owner since today of this grant Android Box, for one side the UI is lovely like every google certified one, but frustrate can't install many apps like common TV Boxes, with this one is possible or still is pure Android TV kernel?
                For example can't run HBO Nordic (europe version), can install it downloading the APK but after login automatically close it.
                Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi all,

I'm going to install this Rom on my box soon and what I would like to know is this...

Is there a tool or some kind of software that will backup the original Rom that came with the box so that if anything goes wrong I can re-flash the original Rom??

Looks like a great Rom and thanks to the Dev for the great work

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There's a link to a burn package for the latest OEM firmware in the changelog of my OP.

Yes I know I saw that and understand that...but what I'm asking is this...is there anything like a Nandroid backup like we do on phones? In recovery?

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Damoedge View Post
                    Yes I know I saw that and understand that...but what I'm asking is this...is there anything like a Nandroid backup like we do on phones? In recovery?

Thanks again.
                    You can do it by yourself with TWRP

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                      [/LIST]Known Bugs:[LIST][*]Google Cast service works from Chrome browser, but apparently requires Google license to work from Android apps.
                      Apparently I have the opposite problem, more or less... Youtube works with chromecast built in, like morpheus TV and other stuff... obviously google home doesn't work, but chrome browser doesn't work as well.
                      For now i found AirScreen to make it work, even if you don't pay it, with some annoying ads, provides basic functionality... How did you make it work from chromecast built in to crome browser?

Comment

Working...
                      X