Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro LB TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone,
    I have a big problem loading the firmware on my m8s pro LB. By mistake through TWRP I also cleaned the system and now the box no longer has the operating system. I tried to re-load the firmware either with the BootcardMaker procedure or with USB Burning Tool but with a negative result. With the USB Burning Tool the box is not recognized by the PC. I followed step by step all the information on the forum but with a negative result. As soon as I jumper on the contacts the TWRP is started and not the box is recognized by the PC. What can I do to show it to the PC? I state that I also installed the driver manually.
    I'm sorry for my little english.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, if you wipe the system partition you'll fail the environment checks in the OTA update script. You can unpack the .zip, manually remove the checks in the Edify script, and then repack. Or, you can just flash from an Amlogic burn package using USB Burning Tool or BootcardMaker.

Originally posted by acidjazz69 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I have a big problem loading the firmware on my m8s pro LB. By mistake through TWRP I also cleaned the system and now the box no longer has the operating system. I tried to re-load the firmware either with the BootcardMaker procedure or with USB Burning Tool but with a negative result. With the USB Burning Tool the box is not recognized by the PC. I followed step by step all the information on the forum but with a negative result. As soon as I jumper on the contacts the TWRP is started and not the box is recognized by the PC. What can I do to show it to the PC? I state that I also installed the driver manually.
    I'm sorry for my little english.
    Thanks for the reply. The problem that my m8s pro LB with USB Burn Tool is not recognized. Where can I find the original firmware in ZIP format?

Comment

Hey Magendanz. Great firmware. Faster than stock. Any idea what can be done to make Widewine working again? I also have at home Tanix TX92 (first model) with same chipset (S912) and with that one Widevine is working with Exo player (Netflix still not, but I do not use it).

Maybe we need to disable root? Any tip on how to do that?

I made a donation to keep you motivated by helping thousand of Android TV boxes users.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        If Widevine L1 isn't working, that's probably an issue with the underlying OEM firmware. Have you tried rolling back to a previous stock OEM firmware release? DRMInfo is still showing L1 for me, so I suspect it's just that Netflix and other streaming media services are now requiring more than L1.

All Mecool devices so far stopped working with Exo player + Widevine. But odd to see that it works on Tanix. DRMInfo still shows it supports L1. Probably there is a blacklist somewhere. Just guessing.

Comment

hi
        ive flashed this and in the app drawer files the bluetooth remote dont work ??

have i done some thing wrong it works as should and paired but not in files

thx

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like you forgot to wipe data. You've got some old OEM apps hanging around that shouldn't be there.

Sounds like you forgot to wipe data. You've got some old OEM apps hanging around that shouldn't be there

thanks m8 i flashed using the mecool update and wiped cache and data

so would a system reset fix this or whats way forward as thats the only app that remote dont work in all others are fine ?

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Which app does the remote not work in?

Originally posted by kevster View Post
        Sounds like you forgot to wipe data. You've got some old OEM apps hanging around that shouldn't be there

thanks m8 i flashed using the mecool update and wiped cache and data

so would a system reset fix this or whats way forward as thats the only app that remote dont work in all others are fine ?
        the blue icons "files"

other than that this firmware is a beast m8

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, that seems to be a problem with the AOSP Files app. At one point I'd migrated to Google Files, but that had other issues.

so its like that then m8 it flashed fine and yours is same yeah ?

just so i know its fine lol

Comment

Hello, now the Box is two weeks on. Now i will flash the Rom. Please tell me what is important and is it possible the Rom flash with SD-Card or must i flash with flashing tool. If there a step for step manual?

My sticker under the Box say: M8S Pro L S912 3G 32G DDR3 LB

Thanks for answer

Comment

Originally posted by ratzefatz View Post
            Hello, now the Box is two weeks on. Now i will flash the Rom. Please tell me what is important and is it possible the Rom flash with SD-Card or must i flash with flashing tool. If there a step for step manual?

My sticker under the Box say: M8S Pro L S912 3G 32G DDR3 LB

Thanks for answer
            hi m8

i downloaded the OTA update and put it on a usb stick
            then into settings update
            put a tick near wipe cache and data then flashed rom

big thanks to MAGENDANZ its been working brilliant since

Comment

Thanks for answer kevster. What for a format must the USB Stick have? And how can i look what a firmeware on the M8S is?

Comment

Thanks for answer kevster. What for a format must the USB Stick have? And how can i look what a firmeware on the M8S is?
                Hi mate
                fat 32

Not sure on other question if what I think it's in settings in about phone

Comment

Originally posted by kevster View Post

Hi mate
                  fat 32

Not sure on other question if what I think it's in settings in about phone
                  Format should be Fat32 or exFat. Google for the firmware or check out the forums on this board.

Comment

Now i search on Google what for a firmware have my Box. I don`t find manual. But i have one Picture and please tell me: Can i instll the OTA update from Page 1 without update the firmware?

Thanks for answer

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190129_161233.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	760589

Comment

Now i search on Google what for a firmware have my Box. I don`t find manual. But i have one Picture and please tell me: Can i instll the OTA update from Page 1 without update the firmware?

Thanks for answer

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190129_161233.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	760589
                      Yeah m8

Comment

Working...
                      X