Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro LB TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, now i need help. I flash the Ota update with wipe Data and cache. Now my remote don`t have voice search. When i push the Button, the don`t hear my voice. What can i do? Thanks for answer.

Comment

Originally posted by ratzefatz View Post
      Hello, now i need help. I flash the Ota update with wipe Data and cache. Now my remote don`t have voice search. When i push the Button, the don`t hear my voice. What can i do? Thanks for answer.
      Hi m8
      Go into setting and pair the Bluetooth remote again that's all is needed

Comment

Changelog (20190217):
        • Updated to latest M8S Pro LB OEM firmware (20181018.101400.V0213)
        • Developer Options now visible by default in Settings.
        • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0 using minimal OMNI twrp-8.1 branch and latest OEM kernel
        • Latest build from Open GApps (20190209)
        Known Bugs:
        • Google Cast service works from Chrome browser, but apparently requires Google license to work from Android apps.
        Download:

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
          Changelog (20190217):
          • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0 using minimal OMNI twrp-8.1 branch and latest OEM kernel
          Known Bugs:
          • Google Cast service works from Chrome browser, but apparently requires Google license to work from Android apps.
          Download:
          thanks Guest
          Sorry for my badly english

Comment

Stupid newbie question
            I have a stock m8s pro l lb
            What is the advantages to go with a custom rom?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              It depends on the custom ROM. Some offer performance tweaks and more device support. Mine focuses on staying true to the original Google Nexus Player user experience and ditches a lot of the 3rd-party OEM apps for official Google ones from OpenGApps.

Changelog (20190217):
            Known Bugs:
            Download:
            Thanks mate.

Comment

Changelog (20190217):
              Known Bugs:
              Download:
              Dear Magendanz,

Can the OTA be installed over your last Stock (non-ATV) Nexus version or I need a fresh burn package installation?

by the way thank you so much, with your NonATV Stock only I was able to play Netflix and Amazon Prime Video (both mobile versions only).

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                It's possible, but I'd generally recommend you wipe data when changing from non-ATV to an ATV ROM to get a clean slate. It's not the end of the world, though, since the ATV launcher has the App Drawer for non-ATV apps. It's more of a problem when going from ATV to non-ATV, since the mobile launchers won't recognize ATV apps.

Just installed using the zip version
              (I forgot to wipe before installation lol) but everything seem to to work
              I might redo it this time and wipe before.

? quick question
              From the YouTube app on my phone (Samsung s8) I see the m8s device
              Does the cast (chromecast) is available with that rom?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                See original post. Chromecast can work from the Chrome browser, but casting from apps isn't supported because it's not a "certified" device and the necessary keys weren't installed at the factory.

I was wondering
              This is now the screen I have after installing the custom rom and try to go in recovery.
              I'm not sure what to do from there as keep read only
              Or
              Swipe to allow modification?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                That's just normal for TWRP. I always check the box and swipe to allow modifications. You can always mount it as read-only later.

Thanks for this ROM!
              but I have a problem. The Voice recognition doesn't work. The controller is paired and working, but when I click the Voice Button, It doesn't receive my at all. It's not a controller problem because It was working before flashing this ROM.

Comment

Changelog (20190217):
                Known Bugs:
                Download:
                Is this still an ATV version? Just wondering since i just flashed the M8S Pro LB OEM firmware (20180803.173707.V0213) .

But casting from google chrome on your android device? can that be done ?

Will Netflix run with this version ?

And if this is an ATV version, can i just OTA it ?

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Please read the "Known issues" section of the original post for more information on Chromecast. This is an Android TV ROM, and it says it right there in the title.

There's lots of discussion about Netflix on the forum right now. It used to work on boxes like this with Widevine L1, but Netflix is apparently now only supporting whitelisted hardware which has been certified by them.

Originally posted by kevster View Post

Hi m8
                Go into setting and pair the Bluetooth remote again that's all is needed
                I did this and still didn't worked. Don't know what else can I do to make it work

Comment

Originally posted by jonas740 View Post

Is this still an ATV version? Just wondering since i just flashed the M8S Pro LB OEM firmware (20180803.173707.V0213) .

But casting from google chrome on your android device? can that be done ?

Will Netflix run with this version ?

And if this is an ATV version, can i just OTA it ?
                  This is not an official ATV version (but the OEM one is also not)

Neither casting not Netflix, not even Amazon Prime video will work (no versions, not even the mobile versions)

However, you can flash Mazendanz Stock or Nano version (link below) where both Netflix and Prime video (mobile versions) works. Netflix works in HD there with a specific version.

We must be thankful to Mazendanz for that because I have flashed more than 12 diffrent rom to get those working at last.

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these Nano and Stock Nexus ROMs prove that less can be more. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added ? la carte by the user as needed. These ROMs also serve as a foundation for TVStock Nexus ROMs

Comment

Originally posted by rakeshrana View Post

This is not an official ATV version (but the OEM one is also not)

Neither casting not Netflix, not even Amazon Prime video will work (no versions, not even the mobile versions)

However, you can flash Mazendanz Stock or Nano version (link below) where both Netflix and Prime video (mobile versions) works. Netflix works in HD there with a specific version.

We must be thankful to Mazendanz for that because I have flashed more than 12 diffrent rom to get those working at last.

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these Nano and Stock Nexus ROMs prove that less can be more. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added ? la carte by the user as needed. These ROMs also serve as a foundation for TVStock Nexus ROMs

Ye i know its not an Official ATV release. My question was more if the appearence of this firmware looks like the ATV just like the nvidia shield and so on?

You know what I mean.

But if you install the regular Google play versions of Netflix then it works. Might need a mouse to use it but it would work.

Comment

Originally posted by jonas740 View Post

Ye i know its not an Official ATV release. My question was more if the appearence of this firmware looks like the ATV just like the nvidia shield and so on?

You know what I mean.

But if you install the regular Google play versions of Netflix then it works. Might need a mouse to use it but it would work.
                      Yes, it comes with Lean Launcher so you will get Android 7.1.2 Android TV appearance..

For me with no Android TV versions (OEM, Nexus, Poison, AtvXperience roms) could run Netflix.

Which Netflix version you could run (plz check the version no) ? Will be helpfull if you can share...

Comment

Working...
                      X