Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro LB TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys!

I found 2 bugs or this is only me? :
    -if I switch on the Bluetooth for the remote, wifi doesnt work long/stop/slowdown.
    -voice is not working, even after re-pairing the remote.

Also I'm probably the only one, but my ms8 pro l LB restart if the temperature goes >67C, so only after a few minutes of 4k youtube or kodi
    It was like from day one, just wondering if this is happening to anyone else.

and finally, if anyone have a TWRP backup of the original stock LB (with voice remote) version, it will be much easier to go back to stock, that will be wonderful to share your backup!!!

thanks!

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm looking into the voice remote issue. The 2.4GHz WiFi and Bluetooth interference has been noted before, and these units definitely have an overheating problem. Several owners have rigged their own fans or custom heatsinks.

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    Changelog (20190217):
    • Updated to latest M8S Pro LB OEM firmware (20181018.101400.V0213)
    • Developer Options now visible by default in Settings.
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0 using minimal OMNI twrp-8.1 branch and latest OEM kernel
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20190209)
    Known Bugs:
    • Google Cast service works from Chrome browser, but apparently requires Google license to work from Android apps.
    Download:
    Thanks for the continuing hard work. I thought it would be nicer if checksum are provided with the update. The checksum would prevent corrupted firmwares.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Well checksums (and a signature) are built into the OTA updates, which is how it's able to verify firmware integrity. (This is on by default in stock recovery, and an optional setting that's off by default in TWRP.) Not sure about the AML burn packages, but I suspect they do too.

What CPU parameters the lock ? I can't change the frequency(╯﹏╰) (app: kernel Adiutor , OS ROOT)

English is not good Forgive me

Comment

Originally posted by kanard View Post
      Hey guys!

I found 2 bugs or this is only me? :
      -if I switch on the Bluetooth for the remote, wifi doesnt work long/stop/slowdown.
      -voice is not working, even after re-pairing the remote.

Also I'm probably the only one, but my ms8 pro l LB restart if the temperature goes >67C, so only after a few minutes of 4k youtube or kodi
      It was like from day one, just wondering if this is happening to anyone else.

and finally, if anyone have a TWRP backup of the original stock LB (with voice remote) version, it will be much easier to go back to stock, that will be wonderful to share your backup!!!

thanks!
      I'm also having similar issues with the latest firmware

-the voice function doesnt work even after repairing the remote.
      About the voice function should it start working after the bluethooth pairing? Or is there some kind of option that we need to check if it's enable in developer option or in another place? Atm if i press the voice button on the remote it triggers the search voice menu but it seems it doesnt "hear" anything.
      is the the remote voice function in previous firmware versions?

-wifi randomly looses the network connection from time to time even with a strong signal (dunno if'ts firmware related or just poor wifi chip quality).

Eitherways thanks for the great work you have been doing Guest

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        My guess is that the profile got removed from the underlying OEM firmware (20181018.101400.V0213), which was for the SKU that shipped with the IR remote and OEM (non-ATV) launcher.

Originally posted by rakeshrana View Post

This is not an official ATV version (but the OEM one is also not)

Neither casting not Netflix, not even Amazon Prime video will work (no versions, not even the mobile versions)

However, you can flash Mazendanz Stock or Nano version (link below) where both Netflix and Prime video (mobile versions) works. Netflix works in HD there with a specific version.

We must be thankful to Mazendanz for that because I have flashed more than 12 diffrent rom to get those working at last.

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these Nano and Stock Nexus ROMs prove that less can be more. The goal is to keep true to Google's vision and use the bare minimum of OEM or third-party apps or add-ons, which can be added ? la carte by the user as needed. These ROMs also serve as a foundation for TVStock Nexus ROMs

I'm using a Netflix no ATV version that runs fine on this TVStock Nexus ROM : https://apkdot.com/apk/netflix-inc/n...0-build-17074/

This version fits well my expectation then I did not try any more recent releases . BTW, with a mouse it's more convenient.

Comment

To everyone with the voice remote not working, I finally found a solution.

Extract and push this to /system/lib/
        It's the hw folder with the 20180803 firmware libs.

Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! freaktab.org ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf freaktab.org alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, man! You actually only need the missing audio.vaudio.default.so file. I'll have an update up shortly.

BTW, I looked into the game controller support today, and the kernel modules that I have for the S912 are all incompatible with this kernel. (It's missing external dependencies, such as kmem_cache_alloc_trace, so it fails the insmod call.) Given that I don't have source for this kernel, we could be out of luck there.

Comment

Changelog (20190227):
          • Fixed voice remote
          • Latest build from Open GApps (20190227)
          Download:

Comment

kurocygnus Guest thanks for the fast fix. Already tried it's working nicely.

Just an heads up the stock OEM firmware (20181018.101400.V0213) also has the same issue with the remote mic apparently.

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, that's where I inherited the problem. That 20181018 build was for the SKU that still ships with the old IR remote.

Originally posted by kurocygnus View Post
            To everyone with the voice remote not working, I finally found a solution.

Extract and push this to /system/lib/
            It's the hw folder with the 20180803 firmware libs.

http://freaktab.org/05ff3aa44536d5d5
            I'm not sure how to install the hw files.
            I've copied them and replace the files in /system/lib/hw and the box froze and softbrick. I had to do a restore from twrp.
            could anyone make a twrp flashable zip? thanks

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              You don't need to do that anymore. Just install the OTA update that I posted above from Settings->About->System Update. It includes the voice remote fix and you don't need to wipe data.

edit : ok I'll try that!

Comment

well it works perfeclty ... with 5ghz wifi.
              On a 2,4ghz (channel3) with the bluetooth on, wifi doesn't work at all for me, but I guess this is a hardware problem with a bluetooth/wifi interference.
              maybe switching router to work on channel 1, 6 or 11 would fix my pb...

thanks Magendanz!

Comment

Hey I've got a question. What's the difference between the *img file and the OTA update zip file? I couldn't install *.img because there wasn't such an option to enable local terminal, neither a terminal app I installed seemed to work.
                So I installed the *.zip file through the local update and it seems to have got nexus rom installed (at least I get a nexus logo)

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lux aeterna View Post
                  Hey I've got a question. What's the difference between the *img file and the OTA update zip file? I couldn't install *.img because there wasn't such an option to enable local terminal, neither a terminal app I installed seemed to work.
                  So I installed the *.zip file through the local update and it seems to have got nexus rom installed (at least I get a nexus logo)

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk
                  the img is to setup from computer with usb cable, the OTA you can install directly from your box with the local update. There shouldn't be any difference between the 2.

Comment

Originally posted by kanard View Post

the img is to setup from computer with usb cable, the OTA you can install directly from your box with the local update. There shouldn't be any difference between the 2.
                    thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X