Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro LB TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you for your help suttoner but its the same it reaches 2% then red reloads and does it again think ill count the loss and bin it unless i can send it to you lol you might get it to work

Comment

another photo of failed up dating from blue light get,s to 2% each time
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Try a different firmware. Use the official one from this site depending on your box

Comment

Hi everyone.
          First of all, @Magendanz, thanks a lot for your work and support. Really appreciate that.

I've read all the thread and have some thoughts.
          • I have Mecool M8S Pro LB box with 3G+16G NOT voice control option;
          • The box was ordered not long ago (about a month);
          • As I understand I have factory-installed non-ATV last OEM firmware;
          So, I would like to install Nexus firmware, but have several questions:
          1. Can I install the ROM from this thread? It's ATV version and I have non-ATV version. Will I have some problems? Or it's better to install non-ATV version from https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...om-android-7-1?
          2. Is it OK to install as OTA from usb-stick directly from box?
          3. I don't need voice control, etc, but anyway; will I have some problems with simple remote?
          4. Will I have problems with WiFi and Bluetooth adapter?
          5. Will it be possible to use some external voice remote control if I will order some in the future?
          6. Is it possible to connect some gamepad? E.g., PS4 one?
          7. Is it possible to manually install apk applications from USB e.g.?
          If someone can help to clarify these, will be very grateful.
          And sorry for noob questions may be.. I am very new with using Android TV boxes. This is my firs one.
          Last edited by varzeg; 09-12-2019, 12:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddydq View Post

Thanks Guest for your reply.

I want test the last two firmwares of this directory for M8S Pro L LB that I think are the lastest firmwares ables:

update_M8S_PRO_LB-V0213_Stock-20181111.zip (695.23 MB)
            update_M8S_PRO_LB-V0213_TVStock-20181111.zip (552.07 MB)

I have M8S Pro LB both versions with ATV (voice control) and normal (without voice control) and I would like update the firmware due to some issues in my devices.

I think that the update_M8S_PRO_LB-V0213_Stock-20181111.zip (695.23 MB) is for normal version (without voice control) and

the update_M8S_PRO_LB-V0213_TVStock-20181111.zip (552.07 MB) is for ATV (voice control).

Could you confirm if is correct.

Thanks again for your great help.
            Thanks Magendanz for your reply.

I have one problem with the last TV stock firmware. I upgraded without problem my M8S L Pro LB with Android TV and original BT remote control with voice contril but when I turn off using power button of the BT remote control the unit turn off normally but when I try to turn on using the same BT remote control the unit does not turn on and keeps with the red light and is required disconect the power cable and conect again in or to the unit turn on again.

Could you tell me if some setting is required or why I need do, I have test using power key definition but even using the 3 options the problem is not solved.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

Guest ...I see the control freak's at gookle are abandoning the LeanBack ap version. Apparently to foil non-certified box use of various YukTube players?
              Is this correct as you may have heard, and what effect might is present to local Dev work or future plans....if any?
              Danke !
              Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

Could anyone give me feedback about Amazon prime video? Is it working with this Android-TV rom?
                That's the only reason for me to install this rom. On stock rom via Amazon prime video (with sideload) only trailer are playable.

Comment

Originally posted by XPM View Post
                  Could anyone give me feedback about Amazon prime video? Is it working with this Android-TV rom?
                  That's the only reason for me to install this rom. On stock rom via Amazon prime video (with sideload) only trailer are playable.
                  Amazon Prime does not work

Cast does not work

Bluetooth remote breaks after wake from sleep

Everything else is buggy and out of date

I hate it !

Should of bought a Mi Box S

Comment

Apparently no Amazon Prime on Mi Box either

Ridiculous that the only android TV that has all the streaming services is a ?200 nvidia shield.

Not great for people who just want to watch tv and not play games.

Firestick with alexa is useless, can only voice search certain things.

Comment

Originally posted by treboR2Robert View Post
                      Apparently no Amazon Prime on Mi Box.
                      Ridiculous. Not great for people who just want to watch tv and not play games.

Firestick with alexa is useless, can only voice search certain things.
                      Yeah! But you're not paying any extra for the spying part.
                      Kris....don't forget my boxes! Okay?

Comment

you can install Prime Video on mi box S with the apk file
                        Sorry for my badly english

Comment

My TV Box: Mecool M8S PRO L S912 3G 32G DDR3 LB
                          This ROM is installed via USB_Burning_Tool_v2.1.7.0
                          This ATV ROM is working as expected.
                          Thank you.

Comment

My TV Box: Mecool M8S PRO LB
                            I am still on latest stock rom. I realised yesterday that Google Play Movies & TV does not play any trailers. It just gives me an error without any further hint or message. I wanted to ask whether Google Play Movies & TV works on this rom. If yes, I will flash this rom. Can I just flash from stock the OTA update, or must I do a clean flash with USB burning tool? If I decide for the OTA update, will the custom recovery be replaced by TWRP?

Comment

Hello everyone. I have a problem with Google Play Store version. When I installed the latest Rom update, there was a phone version of Google Play Store. At some point the app was upgraded itself to Android TV version and I can no longer downgrade it. Every time my device tells me that this version is not compatible with my device and I have to uninstall updates from setting. I use always updates from apkmirror. Can someone please help me. I do not like Android TV version of Google Play Store. Because i can not update all installed apps from Android TV version of Google Play Store.

Comment

Hello Guest, I have no words to thank you for your work on this ROM. I have been using it for a long time and I can say that it is excellent.
                                NVidia recently released the Geforce Now service but it is not compatible with the LB model due to opengl 3.0 (in the LQ model opengl is 3.2).
                                Would it be possible for a pach to update the opengl version of the LB models to opengl version 3.2?
                                I thank you in advance for your incredible work. I use my Mecool M8S Pro L every day, whenever I receive visits it is very successful thanks to its ROM.

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these TVStock Nexus ROMs deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package (https://github.com/ope

Changelog (20180310):

Updated to latest M8S Pro L OEM firmware (20180205.111652.V0928)

Wake from sleep is now taking the expected 2-3 seconds.

New build of Mali driver that supports OpenGL 3.2 + AEP

Latest build from Open GApps (20180310)

NOTE: Sorry for my bad English

Comment

Working...
                                X