Can anyone please help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone please help??

Sorry for asking something that's certainly been asked before.
    Got the M8S Pro L (B) and recently used the stock updater to install the Nano Nexus ROM. Everything was fine but decided I wasn't overkeen on the minimalist look and decided to go back to stock. HOW DO I DO THIS?

Tried using the BurnCard Maker. Did what I needed, put it in the box and it doesn't start recovery, just loads the box as normal. I don't have a USB cable to try and use the USB Burning Tool. Is there any other easy way that I can get back to stock? Can anyone point me to anything that I can follow?

Thanks if someone can help.

QUICK UPDATE..

Just tried it again. It flashed up with the droid and said upgrading. Stayed on the screen for about a second then changed to No Signal. Box now has blue light but no signal when I try to restart it again.

Is it goosed??
    Last edited by Suttoner; 06-16-2019, 21:25.

Hi ,

why you did not directly ask in one of the M8S Pro L Threads , that already exist , i am sure

you bricked your Box , and the only Way for restore is for sure the PC ,

you need StockRom , .img File , and the Flashtool , and now you must build or buy a working

Flashcable , then you can go on , think you gone have to "shortPins" to restore , but first Cable ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
      Hi ,

why you did not directly ask in one of the M8S Pro L Threads , that already exist , i am sure

you bricked your Box , and the only Way for restore is for sure the PC ,

you need StockRom , .img File , and the Flashtool , and now you must build or buy a working

Flashcable , then you can go on , think you gone have to "shortPins" to restore , but first Cable ,

greetings / gefattern

I have the same issue on my LB - no HDMI output so can't see the screen, only blue light, but box does show up in USB Burning Tool

Where do we get the StockRom .img file from?

I keep getting stuck at 2% with this error because I believe I am using the wrong firmware img file:

[Err]--[0x10105004]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/Error result

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dknwide View Post

I have the same issue on my LB - no HDMI output so can't see the screen, only blue light, but box does show up in USB Burning Tool

Where do we get the StockRom .img file from?

I keep getting stuck at 2% with this error because I believe I am using the wrong firmware img file:

[Err]--[0x10105004]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/Error result

Thanks!
        Hi ,

i think you are right with one of Magendanz Roms , maybe this :

In the spirit of the Pure Nexus Project, these TVStock Nexus ROMs deliver the pure Android TV experience using the Open GApps TVStock Package (https://github.com/ope

but you REALLY must be sure that it is the right Version for your PCB / L or LB ,

best to ask Magendanz for this , StockRom maybe from MecoolPage , or searching

inside the Threads ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

i think you are right with one of Magendanz Roms , maybe this :

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...android-tv-7-1

but you REALLY must be sure that it is the right Version for your PCB / L or LB ,

best to ask Magendanz for this , StockRom maybe from MecoolPage , or searching

inside the Threads ,

good luck / gefattern
          thanks for the reply

i looked underneath my box and the sticker says

"M8S PRO L S912 3G 32G DDR3 LB"

however what is confusing is that if I look on the PCB side, the sticker with the barcode says

"BB-ROC180114PL 3G+32G"

and on the board itself says

"LP_S912_V1.0"

so do I really have a "LB" or should I be using some other firmware?

I tried both Magendanz ROMs (TV Stock, Nano) and neither would get past 2% in USB Burning Tool.

Comment

dknwide Make sure you are using the latest version of Amlogic USB Burn Tool. Even so with the latest Tool and the correct firmware Amlogic devices can be tricky and sometimes won't initial a complete image burn. With Tool open on PC, firmware loaded in Tool, Click Start before connecting device, then connect USB to TVbox, after device is recognized immediately and quickly plug in the DC power cable to you TVbox and Tool should get past that error point and install completely.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
              dknwide Make sure you are using the latest version of Amlogic USB Burn Tool. Even so with the latest Tool and the correct firmware Amlogic devices can be tricky and sometimes won't initial a complete image burn. With Tool open on PC, firmware loaded in Tool, Click Start before connecting device, then connect USB to TVbox, after device is recognized immediately and quickly plug in the DC power cable to you TVbox and Tool should get past that error point and install completely.
              thanks for the reply

i tried this method and it continuously returns the same error

i've tried shorting the pins (which does reset the box), unplugging the box, hitting start and then plugging it in and trying it again, holding reset and powering on and unchecking the erase options in usb burning tool (using the latest I believe 2.1.7 already)

anything else?

hate to give up on this box since it's still responding somewhat to usb, but running out of ideas and can't find a working IMG to flash it with

Comment

i've tried shorting the pins (which does reset the box), unplugging the box, hitting start and then plugging it in and trying it again, holding reset and powering on and unchecking the erase options in usb burning tool (using the latest I believe 2.1.7 already)
                anything else?
                Well it has been several months since I had to "Short the Pins" on one of my tv's boxes, but if I remember correctly you don't have to unplug the device after "Shorting the Pins" - Just Click start in Tool, Connect USB cable, Short Pins, then PC will recognize tv box, And because the Tool had already been Started it will start installing firmware. And to be safe plug in the DC power cable into box quickly in the first few seconds of it starting to install.

Romcode/Initialize DDR/Read initialize status/Error result
                This Error Code you posted is mainly for one of two things:
                1) the firmware you are trying to install is not compatible due to the Bootloader being setup for LPDDR3 and you device is standard DDR3/DDR4, or the opposite your device is LPDDR3 and the firmware is for standards DDR.
                2) DDR is not Initialized because the power from your PC running through your USB cable is not powering the board fully, which is why it is suggested to plug in the Power cable immediately after box is recognized by PC and Burn Tool.

Like I said before Amlogic devices can be tricky, I burned a firmware image that I have burned multiple times in the same device without ever a problem then this last time I burned the firmware it threw that same Error Code twice all because I wasn't plugging in the Power cable quick enough after Tool started its process.

Comment

thanks for the reply

i looked underneath my box and the sticker says

"M8S PRO L S912 3G 32G DDR3 LB"

however what is confusing is that if I look on the PCB side, the sticker with the barcode says

"BB-ROC180114PL 3G+32G"

and on the board itself says

"LP_S912_V1.0"

so do I really have a "LB" or should I be using some other firmware?

I tried both Magendanz ROMs (TV Stock, Nano) and neither would get past 2% in USB Burning Tool.
                  Hi ,

think you are on the right Way with your Board , if Sticker says LB , it is most correct ,

but the Way how to flash is by AML important too , like RiCKLaR atvX already discribed ,

maybe it is better to use first a Stockrom if available , good luck / gefattern

Comment

thanks, ok still not working and I tried going to this thread for more info

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...2-solved/page3

downloaded the aml_upgrade_package.img file and tried usb burning tool again and got a different error at 1% now:

[Err]--[0x10102002]Romcode/Initialize DDR/Initialize PLL/USB Control setup error

any idea what this one means?

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Well it has been several months since I had to "Short the Pins" on one of my tv's boxes, but if I remember correctly you don't have to unplug the device after "Shorting the Pins" - Just Click start in Tool, Connect USB cable, Short Pins, then PC will recognize tv box, And because the Tool had already been Started it will start installing firmware. And to be safe plug in the DC power cable into box quickly in the first few seconds of it starting to install.

This Error Code you posted is mainly for one of two things:
                      1) the firmware you are trying to install is not compatible due to the Bootloader being setup for LPDDR3 and you device is standard DDR3/DDR4, or the opposite your device is LPDDR3 and the firmware is for standards DDR.
                      well I believe I have DDR version but do you know where I can get the LPDDR3 bootloader firmware to see if my device is actually that instead?

2) DDR is not Initialized because the power from your PC running through your USB cable is not powering the board fully, which is why it is suggested to plug in the Power cable immediately after box is recognized by PC and Burn Tool.
                      i don't think it has anything to do with the power as I would be getting a pwrerror or something, instead wouldn't i?

i tried short usb A-A cables, long ones, different computers, usb 1/2/3 ports, doesn't seem to make any difference

just don't have the particular img firmware that i need

Comment

I bricked this device as well. I tried the pin shorting method above but it fails after 2%

The only thing I haven't tried is plugging in the power after it is recognized by usb burning tool.

I think I may have bricked it by leaving the erase bootloader box checked.

Comment

Working...
                        X