X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting an IMG file to a ZIP file - please help

Hello All,

Problem

I rooted my VONTAR Android box ( Z8 Arc DDR4 High Speed Android 7.1 Nougat TV Box-2GB+16GB) and all it does now is show the VONTAR logo and a spinning wheel on startup. It seems that i have deleted the firmware altogether. The spec of the box is below.

After weeks of following up with the supplier, they finally gave me a firmware for the box in IMG format. I was told that by using the USB burning tool, I could flash the firmware to the box. Doing this was not an issue however my windows PC's (7 and 10) do not recognise the box at all. I also tried connecting the power whilst reseting the box but that did not work either..

The other alternative was to flash the box with an image from a USB drive connected to the box. I believe you cannot do that with an .IMG file and need a .ZIP file. Is my understanding correct ? If so, can anyone of you experts help me convert the IMG file to a ZIP file? I can provide the IMG file.

This can help other members looking for a firmware for ZONTAR Z8 Arc.

Thank you

Specification of my Android Box

The specs are as follows:-

- DDR4 2GB, eMMC Flash 16GB

- Amlogic S912 64 bit Octa core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU

- GPU: ARM Mali-T820MP3 GPU up to 750MHz (DVFS)

- Android 7.1 OS

- Support HDR10 and HLG HDR

- Support VP9 up to 4Kx2K@60fps

- Support to H.265 HEVC up to 4Kx2K@60fps

- Max 4Kx2K @60 Resolution

- Support IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4G/5GHz Dual Wifi

- Support 10/100M LAN, Bluetooth 4.1+HS

- Support Firmware OTA

Originally posted by csavadia View Post
    Hello All,

Problem

I rooted my VONTAR Android box ( Z8 Arc DDR4 High Speed Android 7.1 Nougat TV Box-2GB+16GB) and all it does now is show the VONTAR logo and a spinning wheel on startup. It seems that i have deleted the firmware altogether. The spec of the box is below.

After weeks of following up with the supplier, they finally gave me a firmware for the box in IMG format. I was told that by using the USB burning tool, I could flash the firmware to the box. Doing this was not an issue however my windows PC's (7 and 10) do not recognise the box at all. I also tried connecting the power whilst reseting the box but that did not work either..

The other alternative was to flash the box with an image from a USB drive connected to the box. I believe you cannot do that with an .IMG file and need a .ZIP file. Is my understanding correct ? If so, can anyone of you experts help me convert the IMG file to a ZIP file? I can provide the IMG file.

This can help other members looking for a firmware for ZONTAR Z8 Arc.

Thank you

Specification of my Android Box

The specs are as follows:-

- DDR4 2GB, eMMC Flash 16GB

- Amlogic S912 64 bit Octa core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU

- GPU: ARM Mali-T820MP3 GPU up to 750MHz (DVFS)

- Android 7.1 OS

- Support HDR10 and HLG HDR

- Support VP9 up to 4Kx2K@60fps

- Support to H.265 HEVC up to 4Kx2K@60fps

- Max 4Kx2K @60 Resolution

- Support IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4G/5GHz Dual Wifi

- Support 10/100M LAN, Bluetooth 4.1+HS

- Support Firmware OTA

Hi ,

it is for sure possible to connect your Box to PC , if stock Way not works anymore , you can use "shortPins" Way , so called "MaskRomMode" ,
    about .zip , you only have to compress the .img File with a Tool called 7zip into a .zip File , use big G for help if needed ,
    looks like you bricked the "boot" with your "root" , so the existing FW cant start ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

it is for sure possible to connect your Box to PC , if stock Way not works anymore , you can use "shortPins" Way , so called "MaskRomMode" ,
      about .zip , you only have to compress the .img File with a Tool called 7zip into a .zip File , use big G for help if needed ,
      looks like you bricked the "boot" with your "root" , so the existing FW cant start ,

good luck / gefattern

Thanks Mate. Will try the 7zip menthod

Comment

Originally posted by csavadia View Post

Thanks Mate. Will try the 7zip menthod
        Hi ,

hope you get it back to life ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Working...
        X