Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mecool M8s pro L Amlogic S912 - Playstore do not show all common apps

Hi Everyone,
    I'm Gianluca from Italy, My compliments for this useful forum!

I landed in this forum becouse some days ago I received the new android box that I bought from here:
    https://www.lightinthebox.com/amlogi..._p6233895.html

since a week ago I had a "YOKA TV KB2" and I was very happy with it : really no problem at all... but I gave it to a friend of mine,
    and since I did not find another KB2 available ad good price I decided to buy to buy this one!

I added my gmail account and syncked everything but I'm experiencing this frustatring problem :

Playstore DO NOT SHOW any of the most common applications! such as GMAIL, Microsoft Office, Dropbox, Facebook,
    Twitter, Instragram, and also DO NOT SHOW all the apps that I've bought these years and that I usually install and use on daily use...

I tried to download the Playstore APK from a apk repository website and install it, but most of APK are
    reported as "corrupted" from the M8s and do not install...while others can install but when I run them nothing happens.

I contacted lightinthebox for this problem but I suppose they will ask me to send it back to them paying
    the shipping cost (that is much more that the cost of the device itself!! )

Please, anyone can help me??

Thanks in advance,
    Kindest Regards,
    Mr Gianluca Sanna

Advice - install aptoide on your TV box.
    the playstore on the box is the android TV playstore, so no normal apps.

Alternative to aptoide - install superbeam and send the apps from your phone to you TV box to install.

Comment

Thanks Dandroid534,
      But still in Aptoide I do not find some apps I use....

Today I will try also superbeam.

I found an APK of an application (eToro Social Trading) that I did not find in playstore or Aptoide, and even if playstore reported it as incompatible it's working perfectly... WHY?

May I ask you (or any other member of this forum) why using YOKA TV KB2 I never faced these problems?? WHy all application I had in my smartphone and in my tablet were also available in KB2
      while with this "MeCool M8s Pro L" there are all these problems?

thanks in advance,
      Regards,
      Mr GS

Comment

Pro l run android tv and not standard phone android os so this is problem

Comment

Dear Doctor-X I used several other android box, but it never happened with other boxes!

for example I had recently a KB2 YOKA TV and I found all the applications (EVERY apps) in playstore...

Does anybody have an idea ? maybe it's possible to install another playstore to fix the problem, but tries many playstore apk and
          they did not worked (nothing happens when clicked).

Let's consider that when I install the APK of an app that is not shown it woks! so it's fully compatible!!

Comment

The reason these Mecool boxes are so popular, is because they support Widevine Level 1 with HDCP-1.X which means they support Netflix in 1080P with DD+, where as all the other boxes do not support this function. To go a step further, they are using a TV style launcher (with a 10 foot interface), which Google supports using a different version of the Play Store.

Using different apps from different "stores" is a hit or miss whether it will work with this Google style launcher. Most of the apps I use, can be side loaded and will work, but not all apps will work.

You have picked a wrong box if you want a pure touch screen Android version.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Just install on phone then send it over with superbeam app. You either have android tablet or android TV playstore. Just send the apks over and it will work 9/10.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                The reason these Mecool boxes are so popular, is because they support Widevine Level 1 with HDCP-1.X which means they support Netflix in 1080P with DD+, where as all the other boxes do not support this function. To go a step further, they are using a TV style launcher (with a 10 foot interface), which Google supports using a different version of the Play Store.

Using different apps from different "stores" is a hit or miss whether it will work with this Google style launcher. Most of the apps I use, can be side loaded and will work, but not all apps will work.

You have picked a wrong box if you want a pure touch screen Android version.
                Which is the Best Performing working "Stable" China TV android box with the pure Android version at the moment? I recently bought a 3gb/32gb H96 pro+ with much expectation but my experienced proved rather contrary, with lot of random freezes,problems & crashes for the box! Hence asking as I am looking for a new box with stable & great Pure Android experience .

Comment

Working...
                X