Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M8S Pro L (Voice Remote) really no Digital Audio Pass Through?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8S Pro L (Voice Remote) really no Digital Audio Pass Through?

Hello,

I just purchased M8S Pro L

and Connect with Samsung 46" FHD TV via HDMI(Belkin cable), TV to BluRay HT connect via HDMI/ARC(BR HT on as ARC)

now, ATV setting to Digital Audio Out and select as HDMI.

I only watch, Neflix and YouTube (this means, not test on Kodi Plex or others) with stock firmware. seriously no audio pass through is working. so only PCM stereo audio is always out, no matter what I try to select

I just want to understand, this is just natural or something wrong with machine

Thank you.

Originally posted by veritasjk View Post
    Hello,

I just purchased M8S Pro L

and Connect with Samsung 46" FHD TV via HDMI(Belkin cable), TV to BluRay HT connect via HDMI/ARC(BR HT on as ARC)

now, ATV setting to Digital Audio Out and select as HDMI.

I only watch, Neflix and YouTube (this means, not test on Kodi Plex or others) with stock firmware. seriously no audio pass through is working. so only PCM stereo audio is always out, no matter what I try to select

I just want to understand, this is just natural or something wrong with machine

Thank you.
    Netflix outputs DD+, make sure your sound system supports that, or you will ONLY get stereo.......
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Yes my system support. But no luck to out pass through. I try to change cable different hdmi port. None of them is working.

Comment

Download a surround sound test file and test it using VLC......... That will tell you if your box is outputting surround sound Dolby Digital.... Maybe even find a file with DD+ to play with VLC.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Tested couple of things

kodi and tvcenter pass through works. So cable and function it self seems okay.

Problem still I plex and Netflix. Plex no pass through works. And just found any ac-3 also has problem.

and Netflix. No luck to system recognizing pass through capability or DD+

Comment

Originally posted by veritasjk View Post
            Tested couple of things

kodi and tvcenter pass through works. So cable and function it self seems okay.

Problem still I plex and Netflix. Plex no pass through works. And just found any ac-3 also has problem.

and Netflix. No luck to system recognizing pass through capability or DD+
            i would think that it proves your audio equipment is the problem..... Netflix only passes DD+ and it is up to your audio equipment to transcode it. Not sure why Plex is having issues.

Comment

Seriously except digital pass through issue this machine is perfect for me. Is anyone sucesss to do on Netflix? On M8s?

for my understanding. This might SW issue and Xiaomi Mi ox has same issue?

Comment

This may help some of you with issues with digital sound passthrough. A mistake I made not realising there's no spdif out on this box. My audio receiver is optical only and doesnt have HDMI inputs for passthrough annoyingly. http://mediaplayers.gr/mecool-m8s-pro-l/

Another major frustration for me with this box is the Wifi range is awful whether N /AC 2.4 or 5ghz compared to my Mi Box MDZ-16-AB. Mi Box however has a crappy buggy OS, stutters with constant frame drops and super lousy support from plonkers making promises of "Iminent" Oreo upgrade coming soon! Seems the only way to get a good compromise with everything is to just bite the bullet and purchase an extremely expensive Nvidia Shield annoyingly.

Comment

Working...
                X