Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating an image file from the partitions

Hello,

I've been able to dump all of my partitions by using "dd", so I have my tiny image files such as "boot.img", "recovery.img", "system.img"... I also have a TWRP backup but I don't think it will be of use.

Now what I would like to do is merge all of them in a single IMG file to be able to burn it with the USB Burning tool.

Is that possible ? How may I do that ? Is there another way to dump all the partitions into a single IMG file ?

The goal would be to "clone" a device and flash its system and user data to multiple devices of the same model (the USB burning tool is quick and practical)

Thanks a lot
    Last edited by natinusala; 07-07-2017, 17:25.

Originally posted by natinusala View Post
    Hello,

I've been able to dump all of my partitions by using "dd", so I have my tiny image files such as "boot.img", "recovery.img", "system.img"... I also have a TWRP backup but I don't think it will be of use.

Now what I would like to do is merge all of them in a single IMG file to be able to burn it with the USB Burning tool.

Is that possible ? How may I do that ? Is there another way to dump all the partitions into a single IMG file ?

The goal would be to "clone" a device and flash its system and user data to multiple devices of the same model (the USB burning tool is quick and practical)

Thanks a lot
    This would be a great achievement if this could be made possible, boot, recovery etc will not need to be modified at all, however im pretty sure system.img will need to be converted to sparse, as for re-packing i seen a tool you posted, maybe try repacking with that,then again not 100% sure it covers all aspect of the upgrade package structure, ill try doing some tests and see what i can do

Comment

Working...
    X