H96 Pro+ ethernet weird problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 Pro+ ethernet weird problem

I'm facing a strange problem with my new H96 Pro+. It worked fine for the first two days but now i don't have internet when i'm connected via ethernet. It says connected, i get ip and mac adress but it doesn't work. There's an icon with arrows every time i connect via ethernet. When i unplug the ethernet, it disappears and i've got internet via wifi. Pc and laptops work fine via ethernet. I've done a factory data reset, i've tried different cables but nothing. Any suggestions?

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

not sure how the H96 Pro+ works (other than it runs on Android) but I had the same issue with internet connection via ethernet with my android tv box. it worked initially, then suddenly.. nothing.. only over wifi. I needed the ethernet bcz I was also using the box as a hotspot. and bcz the internet connection is faster.. lol.

after long and tedious research, I found a few terminal commands that "mostly" fixed my issue. it's been a long while so I can't remember the source.. so I take no credit.

WARNING! I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOU SCREWING UP WHILE SCREWING WITH YOUR OWN SH¡T.. YOU OWN IT, SO OWN UP TO IT AS WELL.
    ​​​​​
    BE ADVISED.. ROOT IS REQUIRED!
    ​​​​​
    any terminal emulator shud work.. just type the commands (no quotes). these first two are more for yr info.
    ​​​​​​ "ipconfig" .. alotta details about yr connections (e.g. ip address, bytes up/down/lost, etc.) ​​​​​
    "netcfg" .. a shorter list of yr connections (e.g. tnl0, wlan0, dummy0, eth0, etc.) and if they're up or down (on or off).

this is the fix.
    "su" .. gives u superuser priviledges.
    "netcfg eth0 [up/down/dhcp]" .. (no brackets, pick one) this toggles yr connection up/down or resets the dhcp. (I ONLY USE DHCP)

on my box, only the last command needed root. the terminal window also freezes every time it is entered. I just kill the app.. but it still "mostly" fixes it. the problem I have is this command has to be run every time I turn on the box or else I cant connect to its hotspot. don't get me wrong.. internet via ethernet will work fine when it boots up.. (if u don't need the hotspot, u may just need to run the command once). I just cannot connect to the hotspot ("waiting for dhcp" error). even if I connect to it with a static ip, there's no internet connection thru the hotspot.. but the box has internet. it's wierd & stupid.

what makes it easier, though, is an app called "rom toolbox" (also needs root) which has a widget that I can save the command on the home screen then just click it whenever I boot up.

I hope this helps.. if not, good luck on yr quest for the answer.

Comment

I also have weird issue with ethernet on my H96pro+.
      ​​​​​​My problem is precise, this is ethernet not working after my router rebooted.
      I have to restart my H96 box or physically disconnect and reconnect the lan cable to get it working again.

Will try your command on tonight.
      If working maybe could come out with a simple scripts to fix it or run each time after my router rebooted.

Comment

Hi to all ,

why do u Guys not use Supercelerons Rom much better then Stock .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

• scooter2014
          scooter2014 commented
          Editing a comment
          You can lead a horse to water... Getting it to drink is up to the horse lol....

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
        Hi to all ,

why do u Guys not use Supercelerons Rom much better then Stock .

greetings / gefattern
        I m using SCV6, but problem with ethernet.

Comment

Originally posted by SHoMZ View Post
          not sure how the H96 Pro+ works (other than it runs on Android) but I had the same issue with internet connection via ethernet with my android tv box. it worked initially, then suddenly.. nothing.. only over wifi. I needed the ethernet bcz I was also using the box as a hotspot. and bcz the internet connection is faster.. lol.

after long and tedious research, I found a few terminal commands that "mostly" fixed my issue. it's been a long while so I can't remember the source.. so I take no credit.

WARNING! I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOU SCREWING UP WHILE SCREWING WITH YOUR OWN SH¡T.. YOU OWN IT, SO OWN UP TO IT AS WELL.
          ​​​​​
          BE ADVISED.. ROOT IS REQUIRED!
          ​​​​​
          any terminal emulator shud work.. just type the commands (no quotes). these first two are more for yr info.
          ​​​​​​ "ipconfig" .. alotta details about yr connections (e.g. ip address, bytes up/down/lost, etc.) ​​​​​
          "netcfg" .. a shorter list of yr connections (e.g. tnl0, wlan0, dummy0, eth0, etc.) and if they're up or down (on or off).

this is the fix.
          "su" .. gives u superuser priviledges.
          "netcfg eth0 [up/down/dhcp]" .. (no brackets, pick one) this toggles yr connection up/down or resets the dhcp. (I ONLY USE DHCP)

on my box, only the last command needed root. the terminal window also freezes every time it is entered. I just kill the app.. but it still "mostly" fixes it. the problem I have is this command has to be run every time I turn on the box or else I cant connect to its hotspot. don't get me wrong.. internet via ethernet will work fine when it boots up.. (if u don't need the hotspot, u may just need to run the command once). I just cannot connect to the hotspot ("waiting for dhcp" error). even if I connect to it with a static ip, there's no internet connection thru the hotspot.. but the box has internet. it's wierd & stupid.

what makes it easier, though, is an app called "rom toolbox" (also needs root) which has a widget that I can save the command on the home screen then just click it whenever I boot up.

I hope this helps.. if not, good luck on yr quest for the answer.
          I dont have netcfg command on my box that running scv6.
          where or how to get netcfg?

Comment

Hi ,

you need a Terminal App for this , inside the App you must write the commands like disciribed .

good luck / gefattern

Comment

my Ethernet cable problem on this type of box, is that when it gets the Simplink signal to sleep, and i turn on TV again, and it wake up again, ethernet is online but no connectivity in kodi.
              i need to take cable out, and restart KODI for now

Comment

Originally posted by collectordk View Post
                my Ethernet cable problem on this type of box, is that when it gets the Simplink signal to sleep, and i turn on TV again, and it wake up again, ethernet is online but no connectivity in kodi.
                i need to take cable out, and restart KODI for now
                Try use static address for ethernet.
                It seem to fixed my ethernet problem.

Comment

Originally posted by muncheno View Post

Try use static address for ethernet.
                  It seem to fixed my ethernet problem.
                  thanks,
                  i will try that

Comment

Working...
                  X