xgody R-box PRO Bricked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xgody R-box PRO Bricked

Hello. I recently got said device, R-box PRO by xgody. I am not quite sure what xgody stuff is but their logo is on bootup etc. This one here: http://tiny.cc/p7bxoy

Yes it says Rbox pro on the box but I got one the same but says xgody on it.

I am no stranger to handling android and iphone based devices but recently i came to a weird issue. I will explain below.

- The device I got was crashing all the time and would boot up once in 10 times and even then tend to totally freeze once im into launcher etc. I instantly did a factory reset via settings. Device was formatted and reset. It comes pre-rooted i assume without access to bootloader but recovery worked. After formatting, same thing over and over again so I figured it might be either firmware or hardware related. Please note that device was never able to connect to PC (male to male) at this point. I am aware that only one usb port allows connecting but somehow connecting to PC was locked via its software.

- I downloaded firmware for R-box PRO with twrp included in it as a img. I wanted to install custom recovery via flashify but the program stuck on selecting the zip file for custom recovery so I tried "Rashr". Rashr managed to somehow flash the recovery and upon checking via rom manager it says that twrp is installed as recovery but twrp manager says that there was none. Please note that after this I was not able to enter recovery on my device it would just skip to bootup even with toothpick reset holding stuff. So now you wonder why I did not flashed "stock" recovery again via rasrh, well because I was not able to find any and I tried extracting some via amlogic customization tool and even make SD boot via boot maker. None of the methods extracted stock recovery from the firmwares i downloaded.

- At this point, able to boot up and use apps etc but still with crashes so I decided to make a bootable SD card from firmware downloaded. This is how those zips look: http://prntscr.com/hasubs
    There is no recovery etc so I used again boot maker from amlogic. I successfully copied firmware stuff to sd via boot maker. When I plugged in SD card to tv box and held reset button before connecting to power I saw the image "upgrading" or something along these lines but it only lasted for a second, no more. After this I am not able to boot device or enter recovery. Funny but now PC reads it. Maybe it went into certain mode? Once plugged in into TV it simly says no signal on tv via hdmi but device is giving blue light so I guess its just gives it that power but nothing to boot up. So I tried USB burning tool from amlogic as a last resort and to get rid of apps they put etc. I installed all the drivers needed, sorted files in their place but no success.

- While trying to flash it via USB burning tool, the program reads device I assume but I am unable to go past 1% and I get this as it stops: http://prntscr.com/hasxsi (read item data failed)

- Now I wonder what is going on. Was not able to be read by PC but now it reads it "makes connected sound" was not before. What can I do? Is this due to firmware? I tried them several. All 7.1 nougat though and none had recovery.img in them. I am aware that device is bricked in a way but I don't want to give up on it. If you have any suggestions or experience in this please let me know. I am looking forward. Thanks

P.S: i was never able to figure out what wifi chip it uses so I tried both version without luck. Upon checking the motherboard I noticed 2 screws missing and paper which says model etc was removed (some traces left). Wanted to make sure which firmware I will download.
Working...
X