Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Is It That This Forum Keeps Recommending The Use of Amlogic's Burning Tool When There's a More Reliable Safe Method?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeMaestro View Post

Take a look at the first video I posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsyS3p5asZs has the motherboard the guy is fixing look pretty similar to yours, if so the Nand ship and the pin to cross should be at the same place. If you can find the 2 pins to short, Ricky's tool should work.
    Has for the Rom, Even if it came from a box similar to yours it does not mean it will work on yours.
    My box is a T95Zplus, but all the different Roms for that Box failed because there is so many revision of that board that you need the exact right one.
    Ricky made a universal Rom that is suppose to work with all revision of the box but even then, sometimes, some peoples have problems burning it.

Good Luck.
    Thanks again LeMaestro. Checked out that video and a couple others as well. I've tried pin crossing three times now but don't seem to be getting anywhere..... A couple of times when I crossed two pins the blue light would go out but that's it... I have a couple of questions on this....

1) Do I need to unplug the box, cross the pins and plug the box back in then unplug again, cross next two pins plug back in, or do I just leave it plugged in the entire time and cross the pins until I find the right ones?

2) Do I need to be holding in the reset button while I am crossing pins or no?

None of the videos I watched was very clear about these things...

Thanks in advance and sorry to be a pest LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipwreck View Post

Thanks again LeMaestro. Checked out that video and a couple others as well. I've tried pin crossing three times now but don't seem to be getting anywhere..... A couple of times when I crossed two pins the blue light would go out but that's it... I have a couple of questions on this....

1) Do I need to unplug the box, cross the pins and plug the box back in then unplug again, cross next two pins plug back in, or do I just leave it plugged in the entire time and cross the pins until I find the right ones?

2) Do I need to be holding in the reset button while I am crossing pins or no?

None of the videos I watched was very clear about these things...

Thanks in advance and sorry to be a pest LOL.
      No problem I worked very hard to get my box back, and I was a pest to while searching for the right Rom.
      If the light go out crossing some of the pins, then unplug the power cord wait about 5 to 10 seconds and plug it back in. and do not try those pins again.
      If nothing happens then go to next pin until it work (hopefully).
      Make sure you cross only 2 pins at the time and for that use a very thin tool to do it.
      Now maybe this will work only with USB Burning tools, even if I know some guy got it working with Amlogic Card Maker.
      One more very important thing, you need to be plugged in the USB port on your board that is labeled "OTG USB".
      This is port No. 1 and is the only one that will work for burning the rom.
      If you find the right pins, the box should start and display a message that it is upgrading, just wait until it reboot.

Again Good Luck.

Comment

Is there any way to generate a bootable (and just temporarily bootable) rom-Sd-card so that it is possible to test roms before install?

e.g.: TWRP vitmod can be launched out of stock recovery.....

Comment

I bricked my x96 mini flashing an atv experience rom. But the unzipped .rar file for SD card flashing provided by the company says mxq-4. It doesn't work via SD card and I get the parse burning image fail error with the UBB burning tool. Is it probable then that it's the wrong image file? And if a company supplies you with a .zip or .rar file containing a .img file for burning to SD or an img file for the Amlogic tool, are the actual img files identical? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by xanadu89897 View Post
            What Is Needed?
            1. A branded and reliable SD/TF card which is at least Class 10 rated above[/B] for good transfer speeds. Preferably more than 4GB in size.
            2. A good formatting tool/software from HP, Panasonic or Rufus to format your card.
            3. The Amlogic Card Maker tool itself
            4. The official ROM image provided by the manufacturer of your TV box. Must be in (.img) format.
            Well, that's the problem: many of us - including me - can't find and/or don't want (often outdated and, anyway, insecure since sources are not available) stock firmware on their devices anymore.

I dream to treat those devices as customizable smartphones.

Comment

Working...
            X