Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Is It That This Forum Keeps Recommending The Use of Amlogic's Burning Tool When There's a More Reliable Safe Method?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shonk
    replied
    Originally posted by LeMaestro View Post
    This method you are talking about is what bricked my machine and now that it will not even boot into recovery I have to use the Amlogic Burning Tool to try to unbrick my box. Safer method really?
    yes it is safer i unbricked a fully bricked ddr3 v2.2 that had the lpddr3 bootloader on it with the sdcard tool
    the usb method didnt register a thing

Leave a comment:

• LeMaestro
    replied
    Originally posted by xanadu89897 View Post
    Follow the steps EXACTLY as shown in this Youtube video:
    It is almost similar with all modern Amlogic boxes where you push and hold the recovery button before the box is turned on with the prepared card already mounted inside your box.

This method has been proven to unbrick boxes which are Hard Bricked to the extend that even your Windows drivers won't be able to recognize your box. It'll load its own recovery.img and flash back your box to life!
    This method you are talking about is what bricked my machine and now that it will not even boot into recovery I have to use the Amlogic Burning Tool to try to unbrick my box. Safer method really?

Leave a comment:

• xanadu89897
    replied
    Follow the steps EXACTLY as shown in this Youtube video:
    It is almost similar with all modern Amlogic boxes where you push and hold the recovery button before the box is turned on with the prepared card already mounted inside your box.

This method has been proven to unbrick boxes which are Hard Bricked to the extend that even your Windows drivers won't be able to recognize your box. It'll load its own recovery.img and flash back your box to life!

Leave a comment:

• xanadu89897
    replied
    Links to the recommended card formatting tools:
    Rufus USB Formatter - https://rufus.akeo.ie/
    HP Disk Format Tool - https://filehippo.com/download_hp_us...e_format_tool/
    Panasonic SD Card Format Tool - http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/...oad/index.html

I personally recommend the Rufus USB Formatter, it claims to be twice as competing apps making fast formatting as quick as just a few seconds even for a 8GB card with 2 passes.

Leave a comment:

• Why Is It That This Forum Keeps Recommending The Use of Amlogic's Burning Tool When There's a More Reliable Safe Method?

The More Reliable and Safe Method Is to Use The Amlogic Card Maker Tool
    Link:
    https://www.chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-amlogic-burn_card_maker-v2-0-2.html

Why use the Amlogic Card Maker Instead of the Amlogic Burning Tool?
    1. Windows detection of Amlogic's TV boxes is very UNRELIABLE with their Worldcup drivers. Even when installed properly, you have a 50/50 chance of detecting your box even during emergencies when you really need it to save your bricked boxes.
    2. You do not have to worry with under-powered USB connections that may ruin your box flashing process. Low quality USB cables, extended USB ports that are placed at the front of your PC's casing, USB hubs instead of direct port connection on motherboards, cables too long in length and accidental moves of tripping on wires.
    3. No need to worry of temperature range limit.
    4. Fully automated from start to finish and less manual steps involved of having to press Start and Stop during the process of flashing.
    The process of flashing your box using the Card Maker tool allowed be to revive my bricked TV boxes 100% without fail as long as you stick with the latest ROM image provided officially by your box's manufacturer. The only difficult part is to prepare your SD/TF card correctly which even a kid can accomplish if guided properly.

What Is Needed?
    1. A branded and reliable SD/TF card which is at least Class 10 rated above for good transfer speeds. Preferably more than 4GB in size.
    2. A good formatting tool/software from HP, Panasonic or Rufus to format your card.
    3. The Amlogic Card Maker tool itself
    4. The official ROM image provided by the manufacturer of your TV box. Must be in (.img) format.
    Prerequisite/ Preparation Before Inserting Card to Flash
    1. Always format your card first with a reliable formatting tool first before using the Amlogic's Card Maker tool's formatting utility. Set the file system to FAT32(important), leave default cluster size as it is, untick all boxes except Quick Format and if given the choice to write to card set it at least 2-3 Pass.
    2. Once formatted, unmount your card and mount it back again, this time open up your Amlogic Card Maker tool. NEVER TICK the "To Partition and Format" option. It is known to corrupt your card's partition, so if you ticked it you've to repeat Step 1 again using another formatting utility to reformat your card once again.
    3. Finally setup the Amlogic Card maker as shown: Select the correct SD/TF card with the dropdown list, Erase flash as normal mode, Erase bootloader-YES and Reboot (auto reboot your box into Android OS system after flashing completes) and choose the correct ROM image that you want to flash to your box. Finally when everything is correctly done, click MAKE.
    4. Wait for the whole process to complete, you computer might look like it is unresponsive(hanged), don't do anything until a "SUCCESS" pop-up window appears. Press OK and then close the app with the X button on the top right. IMMEDIATELY unmount your card and eject it. Don't try accessing it in windows, it's in EXT4 format which is unlikely your Windows can recognize.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	maker.jpg
Views:	3327
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	700578

Insert your card into your TV box and use a tooth pick to hold on to your reset/recovery button in place. Then power up your device. As soon as you see an Android robot appearing on your TV screen with a progress bar, let go of the tooth pick/pin and leave you box to complete the flashing process. Everything is automated from start till finish, you'll be booted into the Android OS if successful. Unmount your card in a safe manner inside Android and eject it. Now you're back in business.
Working...
X