kodi s912 libreelec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kodi s912 libreelec

OK, since I have a wait time for building my custom box, I thought I bring up the question.

I forget where I stumbled upon some negs (reboots, lockups, given up on support, and video issues) on building a S912 libreelec system, just too many sites I wormed through to keep track.

I thought a dual boot system would be cool. Thus the libreelec Kodi would be a nice option.

So are peeps truely happy with S912 libreelec, or is this all a wee bit of hype from past libreelec builds for other cpus, that peeps with S912 boxes want for their firmware? In essence expectations over abilities and stability?

My Mecool M8S Pro (S912) is running LibreELEC perfectly. I am also using it as a tvheadend, Plex and Emby servers.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
      My Mecool M8S Pro (S912) is running LibreELEC perfectly. I am also using it as a tvheadend, Plex and Emby servers.
      Thanks for the input... i will keep it in mind for later. I am sure there will be another build for 2018, and i want to tweak a custom rom before giving it a try. Mostly new to the tv box scene, and need to know first hand which side serves me best.

After 3 years of using my tablet to do media, i figure the better architecture will be worth while and free up the tablet a bit. I plan on using the tablet as a smart remote. Gotten use to it as such, and may end up using the RemoteIME app for navigation and keyboard use, if it works on both platforms. Not too crazy about the game controler keyboard and the tv box remotes.

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post

Thanks for the input... i will keep it in mind for later. I am sure there will be another build for 2018, and i want to tweak a custom rom before giving it a try. Mostly new to the tv box scene, and need to know first hand which side serves me best.

After 3 years of using my tablet to do media, i figure the better architecture will be worth while and free up the tablet a bit. I plan on using the tablet as a smart remote. Gotten use to it as such, and may end up using the RemoteIME app for navigation and keyboard use, if it works on both platforms. Not too crazy about the game controler keyboard and the tv box remotes.
        For a media box, this Xiaomi Mi Bluetooth remote is a great remote. It is my preferred input method for my Mecool boxes with Bluetooth for about $13 USD.

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Hi mate,

I have a H96+ pro. Run LibreELEC 8.2.2 from an micro SD card, dual boot with Android. Pretty stable and awesome, actually. Krytpon 17.3 or .4 (can`t remember). Pretty good thing is that my box is running at 70 degrees celsius as to in Android it hits 90 sometimes

So I would say - yes - it runs very nicely.

Comment

There was one big issue with Libreelec, with the graphics drivers but that seems to have been resolved, so running on the S912 should be all good to go.

As far as running from SD card as opposed to the internal storage, mileage may vary here because as has been shown on some boxes over the years, the speed of a decent SD card can be superior to that of some inferior internal nand storage.
            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
              There was one big issue with Libreelec, with the graphics drivers but that seems to have been resolved, so running on the S912 should be all good to go.

As far as running from SD card as opposed to the internal storage, mileage may vary here because as has been shown on some boxes over the years, the speed of a decent SD card can be superior to that of some inferior internal nand storage.
              Yeah, I figured the S912 support has grown over the past year. Also I don't run internal storage on my devices. Only run fast SD cards or thumb drives if limited.

Comment

I have a h96 pro + with LE 8.2 and it is going well. The only thing that does not work for me is the Power LED.

Comment

Working...
                X