uninstall system apps permanently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uninstall system apps permanently

is it possible to permanently an app, on my ebox t8 v, netflix, nova launcher, speedtest, chrome, and some others, i have tried to uninstall them, in settings apps etc and with titanium, but they keep reinstalling, i have turned off google play auto update as well, reset the box uninstalled again but to no avail, is their a way, ideally another rom would be great, but i cannot find one, i have tried a few uninstall apps, none work permanently. im wondering if their is a file within the system than can be altered or deleted.

Needs more info
    Do you have root?
    Are you using WiFi?

If you have root :
    you can remove the apk files from : /system/app and /system/priv-install and /system/preinstall (like with total Commender : settings enable root mode )
    Then uninstall the ones installed

WiFi disable google market:
    Settings/data usage/unmetered or network restrictions : enable on WiFi that you have

Goodluck

Comment

many thanks that worked a treat, another question what twrp version can i flash, got a link plz

Comment

another problem sadly, i flashed twrp but the wrong version, now i have no recovery, i have boot manager installed and if i click on boot to recovery, it just boots to the boxes makers screen, and nothing else, if i power down and let it reboot, it works as normal ie kodi etc apps as normal, except i have no recovery, i have nougat 20180315.v8.3.4 - 7.1.2, its an amlogic s912 2gb 16gb box, i need the correct twrp zip or image

Comment

Hmm...Twrp no longer requires install to nand, these days you can boot from SD/USB

Perhaps this helps:
          AMLogic S912 & S905 FAQ ✰ Fix Root, Hide SU, Backup/Restore... ✩ Media Player TV Box! AMLogic S905 & S912 FAQ, Resources, Hints & Tips ✩ Fixing Root, Masking SU, Switch SuperUser (SU), Backup & Restore! ~ Android Media Centres, Streaming...

Comment

i chatted to the box maker tech guy, he sent me the stock recovery image, is used this tool to flash it and see if it fixed the problem, it did, so i used this tool to convert the original recovery to twrp, then flashed it to my box...bingo https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-tool-t3745640

Comment

Working...
            X