RBox Pro unable to passthrough Dolby True HD 7.1 audio streams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RBox Pro unable to passthrough Dolby True HD 7.1 audio streams

I'm new and the search function doesn't seem to work for me--or i just do not know how to use it properly.

I have an RBox Pro that was gifted to me and I was trying to see if it would passthrough a few audio streams with ATMOS and I couldn't get it to work. I'm running Kodi Kryton 17.6.
    I tested some ATMOS test files from Dolby and my Denon AVR S920W recognizes the ATMOS stream on those files except for my movie files.

audio is set as pass through on Kodi along with AC3, DTS, etc. What is the issue? is it a firmware issue with this box? What can I do to make HD passthrough work properly?

I check the media info for the dolby atmos test file and the movie rips attached below.

My AVR does not recognize the first audio stream
    and the second audio stream is the received to the AVR as PCM 2 channel.

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : E-AC-3
    Format/Info : Enhanced Audio Coding 3
    Format profile : E-AC-3+Atmos / E-AC-3
    Codec ID : ec-3
    Duration : 1 min 3 s
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 448 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 15 objects / 6 channels
    Channel positions : 15 objects / Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 187.500 FPS (256 SPF)
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 3.39 MiB (5%)
    Service kind : Complete Main
    Default : Yes
    Alternate group : 2
    Encoded date : UTC 2018-05-03 17:08:46
    Tagged date : UTC 2018-05-03 17:08:46

The Movie rips I was testing:

Audio #1
    ID : 2
    Format : DTS
    Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
    Format profile : MA / Core
    Codec ID : A_DTS
    Duration : 1 h 47 min
    Bit rate mode : Variable / Constant
    Bit rate : Unknown / 1 509 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 8 channels / 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE / Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 93.750 FPS (512 SPF)
    Bit depth : 24 bits
    Compression mode : Lossless / Lossy
    Language : English
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No

Audio #2
    ID : 3
    Format : TrueHD
    Format profile : TrueHD+Atmos / TrueHD
    Codec ID : A_TRUEHD
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Maximum bit rate : 6 759 kb/s
    Channel(s) : Object Based / 8 channels
    Channel positions : Object Based / Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : / 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 1 200.000 FPS (40 SPF)
    Compression mode : Lossless
    Language : English
    Default : No
    Forced : No
    R-Box Pro 3G/16G
    SCV7A 7.1.2 / LibreELEC 8.2.4.2

Give this version of LibreELEC a try on your box and see how that works. You install it on a microSD card, so you can dual boot between it and Android.

Updated 16 Jun - see the 8.2.4.1 link below for details. This will be a series of personal S905 / S905X / S912 releases to finish off the LE 8.2.x Kodi Krypton series and provide a stable LE platform with some easy to use AMLogic specific Kodi…
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I can't tell if my SD card is corrupt since I do not see anything on the card after I loaded. When I go try to get to reload the file, it says there's less than 512 mb on the drive? This is a 32gb card.
      R-Box Pro 3G/16G

Comment

Originally posted by King Kong View Post
        I can't tell if my SD card is corrupt since I do not see anything on the card after I loaded. When I go try to get to reload the file, it says there's less than 512 mb on the drive? This is a 32gb card.
        That is a common problem with the cards if you have already run different OS's on it. Anyway, if you are using Windows, go into the "Computer Management" app and go to "Disk Management". You should "see" your SD card. Delete all the partitions and create a new "simple volume". Just make sure you do it to your SD card and NOT one of your hard drives. That will give you back your 32gb and then you can format it.

What app did you burn you firmware to the microSD card?? Rufus or Etcher. Best to use Rufus.

Also, after you "burn" the OS onto the SD card, you HAVE to remove it from the computer then re-insert it, or your computer will NOT see the files on the card. So, you MUST remove and re-insert the card after you create your now OS.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

What app did you burn you firmware to the microSD card?? Rufus or Etcher. Best to use Rufus.

Also, after you "burn" the OS onto the SD card, you HAVE to remove it from the computer then re-insert it, or your computer will NOT see the files on the card. So, you MUST remove and re-insert the card after you create your now OS.
          I used the Libre USB-SD creator for windows.

edit: So I found and downloaded Rufus. In goes and takes off loading the file but then stops and creeps once it hits like 99.6%. Then goes to 100%. Complete and I get a prompt saying write failed. Any ideas?
          Last edited by King Kong; 07-27-2018, 04:19.
          R-Box Pro 3G/16G

Comment

Had Rufus do a check on the SD card and comes out to have 256 bad blocks... new card too.
            R-Box Pro 3G/16G

Comment

Had Rufus do a check on the SD card and comes out to have 256 bad blocks... new card too.
              I have never had that problem.. If you have a 4 gig or more USB pen drive, give that a try, although I don't recall doing it myself.

Edit: there are a ton of counterfeit microSD cards out there. Not sure where you can purchase a card that is guaranteed to NOT be a counterfeit.

Comment

Managed to reformat it again and I'm having Rufus do a bad blocks check again. It's just taking a loooong time to check.

Once all is well, how do I go about getting Libre to run off the micro SD?

I'm assuming this:
                power down box,
                insert micro sd card in slot on box
                hold reset button down with toothpick
                reinsert power to box
                and then what? what's suppose to happen?
                R-Box Pro 3G/16G

Comment

I got the Android recovery screen to come up. No Libre yet.
                  R-Box Pro 3G/16G

Comment

I got the Android recovery screen to come up. No Libre yet.
                    You need to find the correct device tree for your box. Name it to dtb.img and copy that to the root of your micro SD card.

You are missing the correct device tree, that is why it's booting into the recovery menu.

Comment

I could have sworn seeing that on the new release it says that the dbt did not need updating. I'll give it a try and see which dbt works.
                      R-Box Pro 3G/16G

Comment

I could have sworn seeing that on the new release it says that the dbt did not need updating. I'll give it a try and see which dbt works.
                        Ok

Comment

Okay I managed to get it working.
                          I used the gxm_kvim2.dtb
                          Libre is loaded and I'm at the Kodi setup but unfortunately with no remote control or usb input to go through the menu.
                          R-Box Pro 3G/16G

Comment

Okay I managed to get it working.
                            I used the gxm_kvim2.dtb
                            Libre is loaded and I'm at the Kodi setup but unfortunately with no remote control or usb input to go through the menu.
                            Keep trying other device trees, if you mean the one that you have your remote does not work with. Or get a wireless remote that usually dongle and those are usually better anyway.

Comment

​Got the remote to work.

Copy and replaced the Remote.conf file with this one:

Hello, It is possible to make a remote.conf repository? It will great to have a folder to all remote configuration. I am looking for Mini M8S II device. Anyone could share it? Regards.

It matches the remote that came with my R-BOX Pro so I figured I give a try and Viola. works enough to get through the setup menu.

I'll try and get some free time to play with LibreELEC later on and update.

The micro SD card I am using if it matters is a UNIREX 32gb. supposedly with a 50mb max speed. Hopefully it doesn't cause me problems with playback.
                              R-Box Pro 3G/16G

Comment

Working...
                              X