Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H96 Pro Plus v6 WeChip with no HDMI video. Bricked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 Pro Plus v6 WeChip with no HDMI video. Bricked?

**SOLVED** Jump to Post 45

I had a working, rooted 7.1.2 android rom running but I tried to flash another because I can’t be happy with a working system I guess. Something went wrong and now I have no video output. I assume it’s bricked or very Ill (possibly recoverable). Blue lights still come on.

Ive tried several ways to flash recovery but no video so I have no idea what’s happening. If anything.

Safe to assume it is bricked?
    Last edited by Cybergy; 10-02-2018, 12:36.

I may have selected to "erase bootloader" in Burn Card Maker, as it is selected by default. Does that mean it's toast? If so there should be an "ARE YOU CERTAIN" option in red lettering and it should be unselected by default.

I'm seeing a lot of info on serial console (via USB I assume), but not found much on how to connect.
    Then there's the wooden toothpick or pin-short method - how do you know if you can do that? What is the prerequisite condition?

My box is a blue pcb, s912, v6 H96 Pro Plus 3GB 32GB

Comment

After some more reading, is seems some people do have no video as a symptom of a bricked box - among other things.

Comment

Hard to kill these boxes. Use the USB burning tool and try to find the correct firmware for your device.
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Wechip H96 PRO Plus Android 7.1 Smart TV Box Amlogic S912 Octa Core 3G 32G

if this pcb to use firmware for your device
          http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry76336128
          Attached Files
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
          Last edited by p33000; 08-28-2018, 22:26.

Comment

Wechip H96 PRO Plus Android 7.1 Smart TV Box Amlogic S912 Octa Core 3G 32G
            if this pcb try to use firmware for your device

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

try to use this instrucion for your bricked device

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&sh...ost&p=48971813

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                Hard to kill these boxes. Use the USB burning tool and try to find the correct firmware for your device.
                I’ve tried a few including the one that was on there prior to the one that I was installing when it bricked.

Comment

Originally posted by p33000 View Post
                  try to use this instrucion for your bricked device

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&sh...ost&p=48971813
                  Thanks but since I am no expert, I’m not sure I want to try it reading from 50 pages of translated Russian.

Comment

I am going to grab a usb 2.0 male-male cable in the morning and maybe the usb burning tool will work this time!

EDIT: Okaaaay...turns out I'm going to make one myself. Nobody sells them (today anyway - online too much wait time)
                    Last edited by Cybergy; 08-29-2018, 12:52.

Comment

HI ,

WEchip has a download Page for there Roms , u can find it in Section FreakTab Downloads ,

post is sticky , the first one , good luck / gefattern

Comment

Found it - thanks gefattern

Holy naming standards though! 3/32, sometimes not, Pro Plus, Pro+ ...
                        *sweating*

Comment

So first time using the USB cable vs using an sdcard introduces a problem.

With the usb cable plugged in the box powers up. But the instructions for the USB burning tool indicate power off>press and hold reset>power on. I’ve also read that the USB-supplied power may be insufficient for a burn so I think I may need external power.

How is this done in this case - hold reset>plug power>plug USB?

Comment

Since I turned my device into a half-brick, I accidentally stitched 2GB firmware for 1GB device, nothing worked and could not even enter the emergency (holding the button in the av slot).
                            Although all the previous times, I easily restored it using this method: I turned off the prefix, inserted sd stitched and with 3 files, inserted a toothpick and cut off the power, there was an image of the robot and was updated from the sd card. After repeated attempts to revitalize the device, that will have to be revived only surgically ...
                            He brought the prefix to work, dismantled and began to read the information, kindly provided by comrades in the branch. At work, I did not have an HDMI tv or a monitor,
                            but this fortunately did not stop me ...
                            What was done?

PLAN A

Disassembled:
                            The device, removing the rubber feet and unscrewing the 4 screws.

He put the board in front of him, so that the memory was as close as possible.

Connected:
                            USB cable to the PC, and a USB just inserted into the connector, but not until the end so that the console does not start.

Running:
                            Amlogic USB Burning Tool as administrator!

We close 2 tracks: see on foto

We connect USB, we keep two closed tracks.
                            Once the device appears in the Amlogic USB Burning Tool, release the closed tracks.
                            Next File-> import image
                            Choose our image in the saved folder aml_upgrade_package.img

Select All Force Erase

Click START

We are waiting for the end of the firmware.

After successful firmware we press Stop, we disconnect everything neatly.

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&sh...ost&p=66849122

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

💖 Lembre de curtir!🔝 𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐌 𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐒 𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐀 𝐓𝐕 𝐁𝐎𝐗: ➔ https://telegra.ph/OTT-BOX-BRASIL-FIRMWARES-LISTA-1-12-01#...

PLAN B

Install firmware with a microSD card
                            STEP 1 (download and extract).
                            Download :

Burn Card Maker and firmware

Extract "TF.rar" and firmware in the same folder.
                            Now you get "Burn_Card_Maker.exe" and firmware file.

Rename le firmware update.img

Put a microSD card in your computer (on Windows) and go to the second step.

STEP 2 ("make" the microSD card)
                            Run "Burn_Car_Maker.exe"
                            The first time it's in chinese, click on the top lef menu, click on the second option, check "English" and put "OK".
                            Close and restart "Burn_Car_Maker.exe"
                            Chose disk: (Letter of your microSD card)
                            "YES" must be check 3 times for "To Partition and Format", "erase_flash" and "Reboot" (erase_bootloader must be uncheck).
                            Click on "Open" and chose firmware img.
                            Click on "Make", format the microSD card (default settings), after that the rom copy begin on the microSD card, when it's done you get a "Success" message.

STEP 3 (installation)
                            Now, insert the microSD card in the device (power supply unplug/off).
                            Let your TV on and the HDMI cable plugged.
                            With a paper clip or other, press the reset button and hold it (small hole under the box), in the same time plug the power supply on the Beelink GT1.

See this for more info http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.ro/2015/04/how-to-unbrick-any-amlogic-devices.htmlFor how I managed to unbrick Rikomagic V5 TV Sti...

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

WeChip firmware support

Comment

Working...
                              X