Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H96 Pro Plus v6 WeChip with no HDMI video. Bricked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cybergy View Post
    I like LibreElec.

Maybe.
    Don't forget you have to use the correct device tree. If the first device tree you try does not work, keep trying different ones until you find one that will boot.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

you need to close 29 30 while the windows system will detect the device and install the driver and only after that start the program for the firmware

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
        As a last resort, create a LibreELEC bootable micro SD card.
        Thanks for the possibility of injecting the smallest bit of hope into my efforts

No go. He's dead Jim.

Comment

He's dead Jim.

Comment

So, I lucked out and they shipped me a replacement box which I immediately re-flashed with the last working rom I had - following these instructions.

I have now learned to be happy with what I have and I will never try out another rom unless I need to.
            The following guide is for installation of superceleron 's H96 ProPlus SCV3 firmware. The basic steps 1 -5 should apply to any firmware, except that other firmware

Comment

So, I lucked out and they shipped me a replacement box which I immediately re-flashed with the last working rom I had - following these instructions.

I have now learned to be happy with what I have and I will never try out another rom unless I need to.
              Excellent.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Thanks clarkss12

They haven't asked for the old box back so now I'm wondering if there's a way to keep the old one out of the scrap heap. (here we go again)

- Why are there so many different ways posted to un-brick and is one way really the right way, and the rest just work by chance? Does anybody really know how?
                - How important is the choice of rom? Of course it has to be the correct rom, but do some roms have a better chance at working than others?
                - Is pin-shorting necessary to recover? Under what circumstances?
                - Burn card or burning tool? I flashed an image to a working system easily with rom burner, but I feel that the usb burning tool is probably the only way to unbrick. I just think the method is suspect.
                - the ota port is beside the sdcard, or beside the power supply? Why do some rom instructions not mention which port to use? Why is the ota port only important sometimes?

The most frustrating thing is reading for days and executing for minutes. So much time spent for nothing. I'd like to know how it's done so I can focus and ensure the proper technique but instead I find yet another post with perhaps a different order of operations - which gives me hope enough to waste another hour...and another...

Comment

read this topic first and you'll understand everything

Comment

I am truly enjoying this punishment I think...

I saw a usb male-to-male cable on sale and thought I'd give er a go to see if there's life in the old box. I now get a connected status in the usb burning tool!

But after trying many different times and ways - I never got past 2%. There always a "usb control" error or usb burning tool read initialize status "error result". I have read though many posts with 5-10 or more pages of comments only to find that the poor soul got no relief.

Seems I have reached a new level, but still failing.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to get past the usb burning tool error?

Comment

[SOLVED]
                      It's alive!! I finally got this H96 Pro Plus box unbricked!

@p33000 was correct that pins 29 & 30 needed to be shorted out. Many thanks!

Turns out the issue was... (in my opinion - but this is kinda hit and miss)
                      - the pins needed to be shorted to wipe out boot image
                      - my homemade male-to-male USB cable was not the issue - it worked fine
                      - the image you are burning must be the right one. I assume this is based on the box you have, and what remnants of boot loaders exist on the box when it was bricked.
                      I used ATV_S912_V1.0.img the @minixfreak suggested here - This was the image I was trying to burn when I bricked the box (pretty sure it was my fault somehow)

Unbrick steps for h96 Pro Plus
                      I'm not certain of the order I used but something like this;

- Open Amlogic USB Burning Tool (I used v 2.1.6) and load an image. I used the image noted above
                      - Set Burning Tool to "force erase all"
                      - Connect h96 to PC via usb cable. Only the USB port nearest the power supply connection worked for my image burning.
                      - Connect power adaptor
                      - Using a small metal tool (mini screwdriver, needle, etc) short pins 29 & 30 for 1-2 seconds. You should see the USB device connection in the burning tool.
                      - START the burning tool
                      - press the reset button on the h96

The image should load to 100%. May have to try the procedure a few times.

Comment

[SOLVED]
                        It's alive!! I finally got this H96 Pro Plus box unbricked!

@p33000 was correct that pins 29 & 30 needed to be shorted out. Many thanks!

Turns out the issue was... (in my opinion - but this is kinda hit and miss)
                        - the pins needed to be shorted to wipe out boot image
                        - my homemade male-to-male USB cable was not the issue - it worked fine
                        - the image you are burning must be the right one. I assume this is based on the box you have, and what remnants of boot loaders exist on the box when it was bricked.
                        I used ATV_S912_V1.0.img the @minixfreak suggested here - This was the image I was trying to burn when I bricked the box (pretty sure it was my fault somehow)

Unbrick steps for h96 Pro Plus
                        I'm not certain of the order I used but something like this;

- Open Amlogic USB Burning Tool (I used v 2.1.6) and load an image. I used the image noted above
                        - Set Burning Tool to "force erase all"
                        - Connect h96 to PC via usb cable. Only the USB port nearest the power supply connection worked for my image burning.
                        - Connect power adaptor
                        - Using a small metal tool (mini screwdriver, needle, etc) short pins 29 & 30 for 1-2 seconds. You should see the USB device connection in the burning tool.
                        - START the burning tool
                        - press the reset button on the h96

The image should load to 100%. May have to try the procedure a few times.
                        OK!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X