Unbranded H96 Pro Plus stuck on boot logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbranded H96 Pro Plus stuck on boot logo

Hi guys, I made my box unusable so please any help will be appreciated to get me going.

I have unbranded H96 Pro Plus(3+32 version), bought on Banggood last year. On the PCB it says CZ-S32-V2.2.

I was having overheating issues with the box so it would freeze often, and had some other flaws, so I decided to move from stock firmware to custom rom and increase the passive cooler with gluing aluminum plate on the stock one. Flashed superceleron's V4 rom (for green PCB), and then went ahead to upgrade to V7 through SD card, but it was failing to update through recovery. I supposed it was because I haven't flashed V4 bootloader, but kept the stock one. Then I went ahead and flashed the V4 with "erase bootloader" option. I used Burn Card Maker, as for that I had found tutorial on this forum. Problem was, flashing failed (android logo with red cross) and was stuck there forever, so I unplugged it from power. After that, I wasn't getting any video output, with power led lit up.

Meanwhile I got male to male usb cable, so I could unbrick the box using USB Burning Tool. Flashing stock rom failed (aml_7.1_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_LP_KDMC_mac-20171010.img). Then probably did a big no no, cause I tried if it would work with "Force erase all" option, but still same error.

Now here's the problem I'm stuck at. No matter which rom I manage to flash without any errors, box freezes at boot logo. I tried rebooting in recovery and wiping cache/factory reset, but that doesn't solve anything. I have tried like 10 roms already. Here is the link I'm trying ROMs from: https://mega.nz/#F!8qhRRaYJ!2ZA3VLjv...TF27g!pjRnUKBK (Shonk roms, and many others).

Almost every flashing succeeds over cable, but each fails using SD card.

Please advise. I don't want to throw away this box in the trash. What am I missing here?

Side note: I managed to get the box to boot with LibreElec, but I want all the features as I use the box for browsing, IPTV, and other things.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20181112_200752.jpg Views:	1 Size:	126.6 KB ID:	751448 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181112_202638.jpg
Views:	1257
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	751519Click image for larger version  Name:	image_35900.jpg Views:	1 Size:	143.8 KB ID:	751444
    Last edited by frenkovka; 11-13-2018, 07:08.

The problem is that you're give the wrong firmware.
    Your motherboard is not LP!
    Try this /usb/:
    aml_7.1_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_KDMC_mac-20170809
    Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

Comment

Originally posted by Gante View Post
      The problem is that you're give the wrong firmware.
      Your motherboard is not LP!
      Try this /usb/:
      aml_7.1_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_KDMC_mac-20170809
      https://yadi.sk/d/9J-JpwkF3L5SaA
      No luck. I tried flashing over SD card, but bar goes to 2/3, then device restarts 2 times, starts from beginning and gets stuck at the beginning(like shown in photo).

This are the settings I use in Burn Card Maker. Let me know if I have wrong stuff chosen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181113_123341.jpg
Views:	1176
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	751533Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-13 12_34_32-Window.png
Views:	1112
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	751534

Attached Files

Comment

When I try to flash that ROM with USB Burning Tool, I get this error:

I don't really understand anymore what ROM should fit my PCB, and if I failed the box by using "force flash all" and there's no way to fix it.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-13 18_40_47-USB_Burning_Tool_v2.0.8.png
Views:	1180
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	751568
        Attached Files

Comment

Okay I have made progress.
          The only ROM which I managed to get my box to work with is aml_7.1_s912_q9377-H96PROPLUS_912_mac-20170602 from the link that is shared few posts up.

Downside is that my box is running very poor with the ROM and I would like to install some custom ROM which would make the point of flashing from stock actually make sense.

I don't understand why Shonks "shmod" ones are not working, since I have the exact pcb model as specified in his topic.

Comment

So with the 20170602 image which I mentioned before, box is working very slowly.
            I went ahead to check if clock speed was down or something, and it shows that I have only 1GB of RAM.

How is that even possible!?!? Where did the rest go?

Comment

Originally posted by frenkovka View Post
              So with the 20170602 image which I mentioned before, box is working very slowly.
              I went ahead to check if clock speed was down or something, and it shows that I have only 1GB of RAM.

How is that even possible!?!? Where did the rest go?
              You have the fake ram board. You can try SCV7A green rom and see If it repartitions back to 3gb.

don't worry about being stuck with 1gb. My Mini Pro C had 2gb/16gb, now with a custom rom it has 1gb/17gb, and is as fast as my H96 pro LP version with 3gb/32gb.

Comment

Working...
              X