U2C S912 Android boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U2C S912 Android boxes

Hello everybody, happy to join the forum.

I own 3 U2C Android boxes and I have to say, after testing more than 2 dozen different Android boxes, these are by far the best and most reliable boxes I've ever purchased. I was curious if anybody else has ever purchased or used one and what your experience might have been.

Of the 3 the I own, 2 of them are U2C Z Super boxes (3/32) and the other is the X-Series (3/16). Unfortunately, the X-Series model isn't rooted so it limits some of the uses that I'd like to get out of it. I haven't been able to find any firmware for this particular model either which leaves me stuck. As a box for browsing and using to watch movies its just as fantastic as the Z Super models which are rooted. I can say if you want an out of the box solution that is smooth, quick and painfree I can only say that my experience with all 3 systems being used for the base intention (movies, TV, web, email, etc), they are the only 3 of the dozens I've purchased that work perfectly 100% out of the box without any hiccups or constraints.

The only caveat I have found with these boxes is you can't simply download and install another launcher of your choice as it'll just immediately say it "stopped responding". I know you can manually replace it on a rooted system by installing the launcher manually into the substructure of the OS. I've spoken to U2C support several times and they say it's a known issue, but have never provided any indication of a fix or possible update in the future.

Does anybody else have any experience with either of these systems or thoughts to share? Would love to hear any experiences of others.

Cheers,

Steve
    Last edited by sdemiere; 05-11-2019, 15:04. Reason: corrected some grammar

So, nobody?

That's unfortunate, was hoping somebody has worked with one of these or knows a way that I could root that X-Series model I have.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Not sure if this helps, but a chance for better firmware...

Super Z Turbo
      "Recommend flashing recovery firmware from the Vorke z6 or Magicsee Iron Plus. Pretty much any s912 device with 3/16 and 2.5 / 5ghz network firmware will work.
      Unfortunately, I still have not found a recovery image that works with the clock.
      (The clock I never used anyway.) PS ? U2C has 0 support and called this model a Fake when I emailed their support for recovery firmware.

0 Reply
      1 year ago

Andy"

There is also minixfreak's new firmware...or use patches for your clock(from his efforts) if you go with another firmware?

Minixfreak OS Changelog Bases: -S905W Based off TX3 Mini L firmware -S905X Based off TX7 firmware -S912 Based off Z6 firmware -S912 LPDDR Based TX92 firmware Features: -AndroidTV OS -TWRP installed -Optimized Bluetooth and Wifi Drivers -Voice Search Added -Picture In Picture Added -Google Assistant Added -External Broadcom

Comment

Hi there, thanks for the info ReaperMan, much appreciated. I will look into that.

Sad that Andy guy didn't seem to have a good experience. These 3 I have are the best I ever got for an "out of the box" working option. I tried dozens of other various boxes over the last 3 years and these are the most ironclad I personally purchased (and I don't think it was a good "lot" as they were purchased over a 1 year period from 3 different sellers).

Anyway, that said, thanks again.

Cheers!

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X