Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AML S912: What are these open ports for? Do i have a serial port?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AML S912: What are these open ports for? Do i have a serial port?

Hi,
    i have an Ali H96PRO+ (Aml S912 3/16 with LPDDR CS-S32-V6), and i flashed and i bricked it so many times that if it had hands it would slap the shit out of me! But the last time i bricked it so hard it took me a while to get it running again. And as always i get back to SCv7 rom. That's the only one running smooth on my box.. i was trying to install linux and use it as a little server, but can't seem to get it to run.

But my actual question is, if this board has a serial port? And if so/not what are these open pins for??

Last edited by RemonK; 11-27-2020, 15:56.

Tonight i spent some time modding my box. Added a few cooling blocks and build in a small A-Open cooling fan . The fan is 12v and very silence at 5v, but can handle short bursts of 20v. Problem is i only measure 2,5 and 3,3 volts on various pins. With that voltage the fan is ultra silence, but not very effective and it wil not startup very well under 5v.. Is there a possibility for fancontrol on this board?

Comment

Nobody who knows anything about these pins??

Comment

The images you posted are not approved/or can not view them?

So it is difficult to offer any input based on your text

However
        Most/ all boxes have pinout for serial communication via u-art adapter

Not an actual serial port

GND
        TX
        RX
        Vcc

You will have more success with a 5 volt cooling Fan powered by USB

Many use laptop cooling fans and plug into USB
        so they are powered on when you start the box
        Power down when you turn box off

Comment

Strange, i can see the images and i did not get any message that they are not approved??
          But anyway, i tested the open pins with a multi meter at boot and they gave various volts, so next i tested it with a little piezo speaker and i could here a soft modem sound... so i soldered four pins on them and connected them to a PL2303 usb/serial bridge, connected wih Putty and boom.. compleet boot scrolls by! (also a CH230G and a CP2102 works as well!)
          I have tested a 5v fan, but they then run full speed and are very loud! That's why i used a 12v fan. I did not use a USB port, but soldered a wire with connector right on the connector of the power supply. But i was curious if any of the other open pins could be used so maybe i could run a fancontrol script ?

Btw it is a H96PRO+ 3/16 with LPDDR ram. Blue board.

Comment

It does not matter about Pics
            You have success!!!!!

The Output from these boxes is 3.3 V or 5V at certain contact points.
            Voltage is pressure/which pushes current/
            A 12 volt fan will operate most efficiently with 12 V applied/not 5 V

Just my thoughts

There are lots of 5 V cooling fans / quiet one also
            I use old laptop /dual / i split it apart/
            Super quiet

Happy Testing

Comment

Ok there are some flaws with power to the fan. Because i took it right of the pins of ac input, the fan was always on or i had to pull the ac adapter. So i made a connection to an USB port. Went all well. If i turn the box off the fan went off. But! The problem is that i never turn the box completely off with the remote, it gets in sleep mode. USB ports keep their voltage in sleep mode, so the fan keeps running!
              I searched for options to cut off power to usb port/hub, but that seems almost no option!
              I measure only 3.3v on the serial port so where do i get my 5v that i can switch on and off???

Comment

Hmmmmmmmm

Good question

You will probly have to change settings in system

Check never sleep in settings

Some /when you hold power button on remote there is option sleep/turn off/restart

Somehow Enable never sleep Mode in system

Can sometimes be found in Display settings
                Deveolpor Options

Happy Testing
                Last edited by freddy; 12-24-2020, 00:05. Reason: Ooooops opposite of what i previously posted

Comment

Working...
                X