New Firware: KM8 Pro Android 6.0 TV Box with Octa Core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by graphdarnell View Post

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I tried the updater-script modification as indicated but the installation still crashed mid-way (it could have been because I used TWRP 3.0.2.0. However, I was able to install both Mecool firmware (through USB Burning Tool) and TWRP 3.2. The stockGUI is depressing, though I can't get a custom launcher to stick. Must've been by design, as I can't find a way to tweak it. Otherwise it seems to work fine.
    The launcher is not beautiful but it is really simple. I don't love google tv launcher because there are to many lines and also googletv play market (too few apps). Performance with nougat firmware seems to be equal to the old MM firmware...i will test thermal throttling with a new heatsink and with Overclock because i changed realracing 3 plist (the way for improve video quality) and FPS are a little bit low. It's nice to see that our old box runs like the newer boxes with amlogic s912(not to much difference with 3gb ddr4: antutu 43000).
    Someone did test netflix patched from xda? I read many things and understood that without google widevine level1 isn't possible to play HD or more videos. Anyway i saw that there are patched apk to increase SD quality to SD+ (960x540 or 960x720)
    I'm curious but i use kodi

Comment

Hi,
      my KM8pro is bricked and i am trying to enter recovery mode but unfortunately i do not find the way. Main board is the one that do not have the recovery switch. How you guys manage to enter recovery mode?
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by discjockeyr View Post
        Hi,
        my KM8pro is bricked and i am trying to enter recovery mode but unfortunately i do not find the way. Main board is the one that do not have the recovery switch. How you guys manage to enter recovery mode?
        Thanks
        install quick boot and boot to recovery
        SRY you cannot install anything. Only the cheapest version doesnt have a reset switch. Is a small hole on the bottom.
        Last edited by reed; 03-18-2018, 18:58.

Comment

Originally posted by reed View Post
          SRY you cannot install anything. Only the cheapest version doesnt have a reset switch. Is a small hole on the bottom.
          Not True.

find a stock recovery.img (4pda link someone posted previously has the stock recovery.img)and put it on a usb (with the firmware img) then plug that into the usb port closest to the back of the box, then hold the power button on the box while inserting the power cord
          Last edited by NobahdiAtoll; 07-18-2018, 22:08.

Comment

Hi people.
            Did you manage to install this firmware in the km8 pro with 2gb ram and 8gb rom ??

Comment

Hi, is it possible to update km8 pro with force rgb because i have pink screen After few minute

Comment

Originally posted by glardz View Post
                Hi, is it possible to update km8 pro with force rgb because i have pink screen After few minute
                for glardz, look on https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...olour-settings

Comment

Thanks, i'me on Android 6.1 with km8 pro but i don't know how to connect USB image burn with km8 pro, Can you help me please ?

Comment

Comment

Hi, that not work, i don't know why USB burning tool not recognize km8 pro

Comment

Working...
                      X