Possible new firmware for T95U PRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible new firmware for T95U PRO

Ok, I was messing about with my T95U PRO yesterday and with the stock rom it is pretty awful. So it got me thinking. I downloaded the latest firmware for the NEXBOX A1 which has pretty much the same specs and chips. Installed it and to my surprise everything works absolutely perfect. SuperSU binaries update 1st time and all the other glitches (there are quite a lot) that I had by using the default stock firmware are gone. It runs like a dream. The only downside to using this firmware is the LED display on the front has gone, obviously because SunvellWin8Launcher is no longer being used and I suspect also there are differences in the kernel and recovery because by going into recovery with the NEXBOX firmware it doesn't say "Boot".

So, my question to the gifted folk on here is if it is possible and I see no reason why not, could someone build a rom using the NEXBOX A1 firmware but implement SunvellWin8Launcher and all the other things that make the LED display work?

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Dear sir,
    How did you managed to do this process? Would you please guide me with the steps and required files links? Actually I don't care much about the LED Display as long as it will function without issues.

BTW did it solve the dts passthrough issue "stuttering? and the green flickring?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Download link - https://mega.nz/#!ZhQjhQza!Ri057HZe9...HuS9mCh191XgWA

NOTE: Make sure you definitely have the N95U Pro with AP6330 chip as this firmware is for units with that one only. If you take the top off the box you can clearly see the name "AP6330" on the top of the chip.

Install it using USB burning tool.

Method:
      Unplug everything from T95U Pro
      Start up USB burning tool, plug usb cable into PC
      While holding down the reset button plug the other end of the usb cable into the rear usb slot of T95U Pro
      If it connects it will show in USB burning tool under "Device ID".
      Load NEXBOX img (click "File" then "Import image")
      Once img has loaded click "Start"
      If the progress bar goes green at 100% install was successful, any other colour then it failed.

Comment

Thanks a lot lvlacleod.
        I will check the chip is AP6330.

I guess you meant "T95U" when you wrote "N95U". right?

Great thanks to you and I hope the developers can develope something that will include LED display issue for T95U.

Thanks again

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't see where I wrote N95U

Anyway, once you install it you will need to replace the remote.conf. The remote doesn't work in recovery mode so you will need a keyboard.

I'm just testing a firmware for H96 PRO and it's looking even better than the one for NEXBOX.

I've attached the correct remote.conf, just extract it and with root explorer or something similar copy it to system/etc then change permissions to 644 and reboot.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X