Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Minix Neo U9-H SCV1 ATV - Android 6.0.1 ( Android Tv Version )

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone having issues with Netflix?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes looks like Netflix has stopped Minix from using at the moment ,
      Minix is required to make a fix I believe .

treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
        Yes looks like Netflix has stopped Minix from using at the moment ,
        Minix is required to make a fix I believe .
        Yes Minix need to make a new wedevine key and a way of ppl burn it to their boxes to fix netflix....

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Yes Minix need to make a new wedevine key and a way of ppl burn it to their boxes to fix netflix....
          If everyone use the same burnkeytool and widevine bin file, does that mean everyone, thousands of users are using the same widevine key or if flashed, it generates different ones for every user?

I know for rockchip devices widevine keys are burned to secure storage and can't be changed or erased and every device is different.

Very strange that Amlogic devices can just change it by an app, not secure at all? Wonder if that's why it stops working on different S905x devices as it doesn't follow Google's guidelines and gets blocked or Netflix blocks it, but where does the new keys, bin files come from, Google that keeps issuing new ones or Amlogic?

Hope someone can explain it better, I don't understand how it works

Comment

• superceleron
            superceleron commented
            Editing a comment
            Well theirs a lot of stuff behind it... they need to ask for new "certificates" to the certificate issuer and them make it.
            And the secure is bound to the MAC and hw id of a database, that is why you can "burn" the key with a simple app, is "flashed" to the trust zone, and the same app cant be used on other amlogic devices.
            Btw normally is not google that issues the key...
            Now on minix... looks like they are sleeping on the job... well their lost.. i have the rom already made for 1 week now so... as soon as they issue a fix i will rls it!

Hi everyone,

I just got the following response from Minix about the Netflix issue:

Many thanks for contacting us.

To clarify, MINIX NEO U9-H has never supported Netflix in Full 1080p HD or 4K UHD Resolutions.

MINIX NEO U9-H has the necessary DRM protection but we are not an official Netflix hardware partner.

Netflix reserves these higher resolutions exclusively for their official Netflix hardware partners.

Best Regards,

John Scutt

Comment

in other words... they dont care... so they saying "ATV custom rom users, sorry you guys are fu....."

Comment

That seems to be the case...

You'll see from my number of posts that I'm very new to this, so it's still not clear to me whether this Netflix issue is down to Netflix or Minix. But from Minix's response, it seems it's just Netflix making it more difficult to use their app (which you could argue is a bit out of Minix's hands)?

Anyway, I'm not sure where that leaves Minix... I already cannot use my local TV provider's streaming app on the U9 because it's not Google certified. Now Netflix is compromised... And the Minix forum has been down for ages... And they're not releasing their firmware for the U9 OTA anymore, you have to download it and flash it... so I get the feeling things are maybe not going so well for them and they've either lost interest or are on the way to exiting the market. (Just an opinion, I have zero evidence to back that up).

It's a shame really, because I quite like this device and it wasn't cheap.

Comment

in other words... they dont care... so they saying "ATV custom rom users, sorry you guys are fu....."
                Hey Super, any chance you might release your ATV rom in lieu of Netflix required DRM? As you mentioned, they don't care and that seems apparent. We're coming up on the 2 month mark that the Minix forum has been down. Your rom may be the best and last this box ever gets.

Comment

well i will rls it but no android tv netflix... if you want hd you need to use the mobile "fixed" one...

Comment

well i will rls it but no android tv netflix... if you want hd you need to use the mobile "fixed" one...
                    Works for me! You Rock!!!

Comment

Thank you for your rom.
                      I installed your build and i have no smb acess on the box....root pw.123?
                      Amazon video for Android not working......error code 402.
                      How can i fix this?

greetz M

Comment

Where i can download the rom there is no link?

Comment

Originally posted by habness View Post
                          1 Post is the link

Comment

Originally posted by habness View Post
                            He hasn't released the new one yet, but previous release is on Page 1.

Comment

Lets see if i can rls today, bean very very busy here.....

Comment

Working...
                              X