Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YOKA KB2 Nougat Firmware failed to update

Greetings.

Came across the following from the androidtvbox website. It appears to be nougat firmware, but would not update using the normal procedure. Any help greatly appreciated. Many thanks and best regards.

KB2-ota-20170811.162233.V0321.zip
    We have good news, there is a new OTA update firmware (with Android 7.1) for YOKA KB2 (update 20170811). This is a big plus for the Videostrong

Originally posted by goop View Post
    Greetings.

Came across the following from the androidtvbox website. It appears to be nougat firmware, but would not update using the normal procedure. Any help greatly appreciated. Many thanks and best regards.

KB2-ota-20170811.162233.V0321.zip
    We have good news, there is a new OTA update firmware (with Android 7.1) for YOKA KB2 (update 20170811). This is a big plus for the Videostrong

Download firmware in your box or usb pen
    Install twrp for yoka kb2(you will find in this forum) with twrp app(playmarket). Then from twrp app select restart into recovery and select install. 
    If something goes wrong, just update from pc or edit update-script in firmware.zip 
    In my case,other device see latest post in km8pro thread, i updated the update-script but twrp rebooted into upgraded recovery so than i used stock nougaut image(without updated update-script).
    Maybe with pc is more quick

Comment

Thanks for the kind reply, Kazar.

Was able to update the Nougat 7.1.1firmware to version 91222001, by following the video instruction below courtesy of Sam Tyler.

Meanwhile, could you kindly point me in a direction where I can find instructions on using USB Burning Tool?

Many thanks and best regards,
      Last edited by goop; 01-24-2018, 14:01.

Comment

-Ota upgrade app works only with official rom from manufacter (them are digital firmed), or you can use standard recovery on boot or  amlogic usb card maker
        -for custom rom/ported rom you have two option: one is to install a different recovery like twrp that can install these kind of roms from the tvbox; the second is amlogic burning rom for pc. 
        Many guides are present here,on google and youtube

Comment

It appears that they may no longer support the upgrade. The .rar file on their website no longer contains the firmware file and the download location mentioned above does not verify during the upgrade. Unfortunately, if this happens to you, the data wipe will have already happened.

Comment

Working...
          X