Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CUSTOM ROM for R-TV S10 (alternative for the locked 20171213 stockrom)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUSTOM ROM for R-TV S10 (alternative for the locked 20171213 stockrom)

After trying all rom listed in this link: https://yadi.sk/d/2QbDv1vl3NDW45.

Here is my conclusion:
    1. No other ROM except R_TV_BOX_S10_20171213.img that can be installed to this rom. Even for the earlier-version stock rom, it won't work. Versions of the burning tool have nothing to do with the successful/ unsuccessful rom flashing.
    2. Bootloop caused by installing incompatible rom, is easily fixed by reinstalling this R_TV_BOX_S10_20171213.img rom (as long as your device is detected by the burning tool).
    3. I think I agree with yetian that the company might be locking the firmware modification for this box. However not all partition being locked. Logo & system partitions are not locked anyway.
    4. So I have tried making some mixing of those partitions (logo & system) taken from another rom. Some of them are working but the rom not really stable except for aml_7.1_s912_q9377-S912_XGO_mac.
    5. After using this rom for almost 2 months. I'm quite satisfied with this:
      • It's quite stable
      • it's rooted
      • it has top status bar
      • It can set wallpaper
    6. 6. Don't do root-related activities that causing modification of the boot.img and recovery.img like installing magisk or twrp. it's causing bootloop. Remember, these partitions, i think, are locked/encrypted.

So for you, who's desperate of replacing stock rom for this locked tv box, please feel free to try this rom.
    DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

The ROMs:
    20171206 - http://www.mediafire.com/file/soect5...c-20171206.zip
    20180409 - http://www.mediafire.com/file/6tv3qz...c-20180409.zip
    Last edited by hawkdollar; 04-25-2018, 05:39.

need a help please. i had a brand new r-tv box s10 then i tried to install one of your roms, both of them could not install in my box, you know why.it could be my box locked.
    desperate of replacing rom. my box kernel ver 3.14.29. build numb # q201-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47L20171120 test-keys

Comment

I was locked too but on stock 20171230.
      What error did u got in the burning tools?

Have you tried another rom from this link https://yadi.sk/d/2QbDv1vl3NDW45? Is there any that work from the original firmware folder?

Comment

thk hawkdollar. i use a firmware zif file that i downed then saved to my sd card after that, i run update app that built in a box itself,the box recognized a zif file tried to load but stooped then went back to reboot menu. if you have a zif files not img files on your link that might be easy for me to use. i want to try. thk again

Comment

Oh I see. I think the way you install the rom is not right. This is not an OTA file, so you cannot install it through the update app.

You should install the rom via burning tool software. You can find it in yadi.sk link above. Connect the USB cable to the second USB port from the pin hole that you can find on the side of the box.

Load the img file, try uncheck all the checkbox.
          Once the USB detected by the app, click start.
          Or better you should do research first about using this tool.

However, it may make the box bootloop if the rom doesn't match. I have had experience bootloop many times when doing experiment with several custom roms, but lucky me the stock rom 20171213 always solve the problem.

Good luck.

Comment

First thanks for your great job guy,This firmware is rooted, but it's not really root because it doesn't provide super permissions.

Comment

You should install superuser app from playstore. However never do su binary update if prompted by the app, it will cause bootloop. Just ignore/ hide the notification.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkdollar View Post
                You should install superuser app from playstore. However never do su binary update if prompted by the app, it will cause bootloop. Just ignore/ hide the notification.
                Thank you,By the way, why is the mouse button on the remote control useless?

Comment

I think that's because the remote didn't match with the rom. I didn't notice that because I'm using wireless keyboard + mouse since the beginning. I'm not using the original remote (infra red).

Comment

Hey yetian, you can check here

​​​​​​

Comment

I copied the file over, but the mouse button didn't work.

Comment

I don't know if these files (i extracted from 20171213 stock rom) will make the original remote working or not in this rom.

Just give it a try:
                        1. Extract file in keylayout.zip to /system/usr
                        2. Extract file in remote.zip to /system/etc
                        3. Extract file in remotecfg.zip to /system/bin
                        4. Reboot.
                        Attached Files

Comment

thks hawdollar for a help. ok i will try to update rom 20171213 to my box as you tell . goodlook to me hihi no boothloop i hope

Comment

Hello Hawkdollar, Thanks for the modded Rom 20180409 for the R-TV Box S10. I have loaded it and it works OK, But I would like to say that I actually preferred and liked the standard layout of the original latest Rom that be downloaded of the geekbuying site.
                            The only 3 things that needed changing were 1. The Top Notification Bar needed fixing, 2. It needed be rooted, 3. But tooth always forces itself back on at power up, even though it was disabled.
                            The thing I liked about the standard R-TV Box one was the draw for Media Apps & The draw for Favorites Apps. The 7 quick Icons on Front page are filled pretty quickly, So the 2 draws was a great idea. Also the stock installed "You Tube TV" which runs at 4K. I also found the screen saver function does not work in your Rom. In the original it worked fine.
                            So, It it is possible to just fix the 4 problems noted above in the Stock standard Rom ( As downloaded from geekbuying ), It would be a perfect launcher.
                            Last edited by rodhunt; 05-13-2018, 00:28. Reason: Found 1 more bug.

Comment

If you want the same laucher as the stock one, you can easily extract it from the stock image. Use customization tools from this link https://yadi.sk/d/2QbDv1vl3NDW45. Load your stock img file in the tool. Ensure unpack system apk checkbox is checked. You can find the extracted images in tmp folder in the installation folder of this tools. Then you can find apk files that you want to move to your box, in your case you can find Youtube and launcher to be moved to your box.To gain root access you'll have to install superuser app first in your box.

Comment

Working...
                              X