Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just bought an H96 Pro plus but it may be a knockoff - flash new rom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought an H96 Pro plus but it may be a knockoff - flash new rom?

Can I flash a new rom to it?

The mix between mouse and remote d-pad type navigation is really annoying. I have an air mouse but I believe this is just not a very good rom that it shipped with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cybergy; 08-14-2018, 12:07.

Can I MOD this thing?

I see a ton of ROMs here, a dizzying array of hardware models - where do I begin? Is there a HOW-TO sticky that I'm missing?

I have some decent experience on TWRP/CWM, tablet ROMs over the years (meaning I follow online directions well) but the hardware is always identifiable. This is a different story.

I bought a H96 Pro Plus off Amazon and the price differences indicated the H96 PPs were not all the same. Mine is here;
    WeChip H96 Pro plus Android 7.1 TV Box 3GB RAM 32GB ROM,Amlogic 912 64 Bits Octo-core Smart TV Box Support Real 4K Dual Band WiFi 2.4GHz/5GHz Bluetooth 4.1 with Remote Control
    WeChip H96 Pro plus Android 7.1 TV Box 3GB RAM 32GB ROM,Amlogic 912 64 Bits Octo-core Smart TV Box Support Real 4K Dual Band WiFi 2.4GHz/5GHz Bluetooth 4.1 with Remote Control: Amazon.ca: Electronics

Comment

I think I landed in a “no question” section of the forum.

Comment

There are lots of threads about H96
        The need to post another new thread on a topic that maybe covered most likely not needed

Clones or nocks off's as you call it are just made by others maker they may use a different ram, wifi and customise to make it cheaper
        Its still a H96

treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I cant seem to find any how tos or identification stickies in here. A lot of questions about “what model do I have”, “what rom can I apply”. Is that not where I should start?

I’ve been told these things are easy to brick. I’m happy to read and prefer not to ask questions if the answer is available.

Ill keep searching.

Comment

Working...
          X