Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ROM with Android TV for H96 Pro Plus 7.1.2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ROM with Android TV for H96 Pro Plus 7.1.2?

I have been reading through posts for hours and days. Sometimes I find someone else asking the same questions I have, but they are not answered. I have no idea what chip to look at for more details based on the many posts I've read. I do not have confidence to proceed yet after reading so many posts - so I'm asking here so I do not brick.

I have read some comments saying the H96 Pro Plus shipping firmware is more of a phone or mobile type firmware, and not for Android TV. I do often find screens where I cannot proceed without an AirMouse - as though it was not designed for ATV remote. Is this normal?

Performance is fine, apps are fine.I just feel it's the wrong version of Android.

Here's where I am;

New H96 Pro Plus WeChip 3GB 32GB
    My BLUE PCB says S32-V6 (LPDDR3) 2017-09-05
    Running H96 Pro+ 7.1.2 NHG47L SCV4 20170826 test-keys
    CPU s912

Would somebody please suggest the appropriate ROM for this box to get me up to a current ATV release?

Many thanks in advance

Your on it... you could probably do the OTA of SCV7a ATV. But I doubt you will find much benefit.

Though SuperCeleron is coming back to that firmware soon, to update even further.

I was messing around with SCV7a and got some small things updated as of recent. Though Google is making an effort to break the custom ATV box.

your problem with having to use air mouse is not because of ATV, it is mostly because of the app not ATV compliant.

There are a number of ATV compliant apps... I suggest doing a search for Android TV, within Apkmirror.com. There are several pages, but many are repetitive because it lists all the revisions.

Some apps, are a mix of dpad and mouse, but if you don't mind the mix, and have Samsung device at hand, a side load of Tubi for Samsung is nice. Also as a Hulu killer, Movies Anywhere for tablet. It will give you DTD 5.1 in HD. Also HBO GO, not the Now version, will do the same. Terrarium and VudĂș HD Movies, ABC iView and TVPlayer are great as well. Just have to find the right revision as many cross compatible apps are between 2016 and early 2017.

Comment

Ok thanks for the apk mirror tip and sources - will check it out. I realize Google wants to own the ATV landscape.

My AirMouse is ok (QQPow), but super sensitive and not adjustable.

What's the keyword/unique identifier that I want for ROMs for this box - Blue PCB? H96 Pro Plus? My nova launcher crashes and I wanted to see if it was fixed with a newer release for mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Cybergy View Post
        Ok thanks for the apk mirror tip and sources - will check it out. I realize Google wants to own the ATV landscape.

My AirMouse is ok (QQPow), but super sensitive and not adjustable.

What's the keyword/unique identifier that I want for ROMs for this box - Blue PCB? H96 Pro Plus? My nova launcher crashes and I wanted to see if it was fixed with a newer release for mine.
        LP DDR3 or V6 board compatible, is what should be part of your searches. I have tried many firmwares... The least problematic for my experiences is the Z6 ATV v10.7, but it is not made for H96 pro+ boards. Some don't like the fact it changes the system partition to 1GB, but I saw no issues with performance. I may look into creating an OTA to update my current system files from it, or try a future factory ota release for my v6 board and do the OTA over my ATV to update system files, which may be best, until SuperCeleron releases another OTA for updating SCV7A ATV. He may come up with an Oreo ATV build some time later on. It may correct a lot of issues with compatibility and Google breaking things with 7.1.2 ATV.

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post
          which may be best, until SuperCeleron releases another OTA for updating SCV7A ATV. He may come up with an Oreo ATV build some time later on. It may correct a lot of issues with compatibility and Google breaking things with 7.1.2 ATV.
          I'll keep my fingers crossed. This one is actually worse than what I had so far but I don't think I want to try going back. I can't seem to choose the launcher apps, I think it's hard coded to go to sleep, nova crashes, ugh.

Still very happy for the effort of those like SuperCeleron. Not complaining.

Thanks very much for the search direction X92-2GB.

Comment

I have no issues with his firmwares. Don't understand why others complain about launchers. I use oem stock and TV launcher.

as for hard coded sleep, don't have it, as I can adjust for various on off setups. Though I did use the stock DROID Settings to adjust more display options.

Comment

I probably did something wrong with the install. Things are weird on this box. I installed Emby via Play Store, but there is no shortcut that I can find. I have to go back into Play Store, search for it and choose "open".

Also my Reboot app does nothing when you select an option.
              It's also not rooted anymore.

I've got some work to do I guess.

Comment

Try my s912 universal atv firmware

Comment

minixfreak - Ok! I'll look into it. I have some time today.
                  EDIT: I see it's a 1.0 - but you said you worked hard so it's a leap of faith! Nothing is forever right? Let's go...

I got the old ROM working because I rooted again with Magisk and uninstalled/re-installed troubled apps. Nova still doesn't work but it is working fine otherwise.

So satisfy my ATV curiosity I'd really like to look at an ATV ROM and see what's different. I'll post what I find.

Comment

So the install for this ATV ROM is via USB burner? I'm no expert so I need instruction. I have TWRP but it does not appear to see .img files, only zips.

Comment

Yea u need usb burning tool

Comment

Damn, this burn is taking over an hour. Maybe 2GB SD card is an issue - but 1.5GB image should fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Cybergy View Post
                          Damn, this burn is taking over an hour. Maybe 2GB SD card is an issue - but 1.5GB image should fit.
                          You need at least a 4GB SD Card, formated at fat32

Comment

Ballpark burn time - 1/2 hour to 1 hour? I'd feel better if they tossed me a progress bar, but I'd settle for a spinning wheel...

EDIT: I think it's bricked. Going back to the old ROM if possible. May be too late. Nothing on screen during boot. Zero.
                            Last edited by Cybergy; 08-27-2018, 18:36.

Comment

I think I just realized the USB Burning Tool is for direct connection to the box via double-male usb cable, whereas the Burn Card Maker is for writing a boot image to a micro sd card to boot from (through the appropriate steps). So the USB burning tool was never going to finish as I was trying to write to an sd card. I don't have a dbl male usb cable.

I'm not sure why I have no video on boot. I'll keep trying with the older image I ran that worked, and see if I can get it to recover. I have twrp working (at least I did anyway) so perhaps there is an option to evoke that on boot.

Why can't I just leave these things be when they are working? It's a disease.

Comment

Working...
                              X