Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MagicSee Iron + S912 bricked with their original firmware

Hello,

I have a MagicSee Iron+ S912. I tried to update the firmware using TF card. Didn't worked.
    Then I used USB burning tool as is was written on their web sites. It didn't worked until I've unchecked the option Erase bootloader.
    Then has been burned successfully.

But now it doesn't show anything via HDMI on TV. Also the USB burning tool doesn't see it anymore... I'm soo sad .

From your experience, is there a way to reset something?
    Was that the issue I've made it buy unchecking the "erase bootloader" option?

Here is a picture of the motherboard.

Greetings,
    Dan

Perhaps

Where there any error msg when you used sdcard?
    Are the lights..working oke?
    Have tried..boot 10min...remove hdmi...give it time..insert hdmi?
    Have you checked av-out for a signal?
    Try contacting magicsee.. Perhaps the have a ideas

Just some thoughts

Comment

Hi,

Lights are ok (blue when power on).
      I left it for 10 minutes as you advise, but it doesn't do nothing on the screen.
      I've connected to it via UART (TTL serial) and from what I see it's booting in a loop (see attached). Does anyone know if this is good signal? In my opinion is not, as the values remain the same.

I've contacted Magicsee support but no reply in the last 2 weeks. I've talked with an engineer via Whatsapp, but she only send me to email them, which I did.

Greetings,
      Dan
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, you've flashed a firmware for LPDDR3 device and thus inevitably created a bootloop when initializing RAM memory. In the case of a bootloop there is only one way to revive the box, you have to change the bootsequence from internal eMMC memory to the external SD memory card/USB Port via the physical paths (shorting the pins).

The design of your PCB was done according to the ONFI standard, in this case you have to short-circuit the pins 29-30 for about 2 seconds when booting
        (s. picture). Then the flashing is possible either via the AML Borning Tool or via the SDcard method (Attention: before the update you have to write aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT to the SDcard beforehand). When short-circuiting, please pay attention to INDEX (beginning of PIN numbering). Download the Android OS for your device (here in the forum), please make sure you have a DDR4 RAM memory.
        Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by bumerc View Post
          Hi, you've flashed a firmware for LPDDR3 device and thus inevitably created a bootloop when initializing RAM memory. In the case of a bootloop there is only one way to revive the box, you have to change the bootsequence from internal eMMC memory to the external SD memory card/USB Port via the physical paths (shorting the pins).

The design of your PCB was done according to the ONFI standard, in this case you have to short-circuit the pins 29-30 for about 2 seconds when booting
          (s. picture). Then the flashing is possible either via the AML Borning Tool or via the SDcard method (Attention: before the update you have to write aml_sdc_burn.UBOOT to the SDcard beforehand). When short-circuiting, please pay attention to INDEX (beginning of PIN numbering). Download the Android OS for your device (here in the forum), please make sure you have a DDR4 RAM memory.
          Good luck!
          Hi,

Thanks a lot for your advise.
          Everything worked like you advised via USB Burning Tool.

​​​​​​I appreciate!
          Now seems to be a better TV box.

Greetings,
          Dan
          ​​​​

Comment

Working...
          X