No announcement yet.

(ROM) Minixfreak_OS S912 May25/2019 ""NEW""

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ThankYou. I was able to open the ATV box, searched the codes (found on top of some of the chip's) in google, figured out the ram chip and found out they were from Samsung. It was a ddr3 type and not a LPDDR3 per the samsung site. Mine was K4B4G1646E-BCMA.

Comment

Originally posted by akosettan View Post
      ThankYou. I was able to open the ATV box, searched the codes (found on top of some of the chip's) in google, figured out the ram chip and found out they were from Samsung. It was a ddr3 type and not a LPDDR3 per the samsung site. Mine was K4B4G1646E-BCMA.
      Alright then you must choose LPDDR version.

Comment

Where are the links for these ROMs?

And which one should I try on my T95Z Plus?

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_36599.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.1 KB ID:	787626

Comment

Originally posted by islandfever View Post

Where are the links for these ROMs?

And which one should I try on my T95Z Plus?

Click image for larger version Name:	image_36599.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.1 KB ID:	787626
          Those two identical looking chips on the right side of the heat shield(without the name Samsung in it) are the ones that I used to identify the ram type by googling.

Comment

Wonder if anyone can help.

Which of these, if any, would work with the new Tanix TX9S?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Comment

Originally posted by thewoza View Post

Thanks for the inspiration - I played with different timings of plugging the cable in, clicking start, releasing the power button, releasing the toothpick etc and eventually the screen TV stayed blank and the burning tool connected and did it's thing! Back on superceleron Minix Neo U9-H SCV1 ATV - Android 6.0.1 for now
              I have the same problem, can you remember what the order was I've been trying but no luck so far.
              Cheers

Comment

**Solved**
                Last edited by xbones; 11-13-2019, 01:10.

Comment

Ok, Got the "Disney +" app from the play store for this ROM. However audio does not work for any language. However I can get sound when choosing to do the English audio with commentary. But English alone has not audio (same with all other languages).

Is this an app thing or possibly a ROM setting?

All other apps have audio without issue.

Thanks,

Comment

Hi everyone.

I have tried installing various firmwares (ATV Experience, Poison Rom, Minixfreak_OS) for my generic T95z Plus S912 2gb / 16gb media box but i was not able to boot my device with none of these firmwares. My device soft bricked after installing ATV Experience and this Minixfreak_OS via AMLogic USB Tool and the device did not boot at all. I saw a boot screen after installing Poison ROM v4.3 via TWRP but it hanged afterwards and i was never able to see it booting successfully.

You can see my device's info from these attached pictures. This is the stock firmware and i think it is using LPDDR ram with a Wifi chip identified as AP6255 . Is it possible for me install Minixfreak_OS to this device? If yes, then how? If not, then i wonder which custom firmware might be suitable for my device? I also wonder if i can create a custom firmware by using AMILogic Customization tool, e.g. extracting some files from this rom and using those files on my stock rom files and creating a new ROM with all of it. I really want to get rid of the crap stock firmware with incomplete supersu files, please help!
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
                    Last edited by garabet; 11-27-2019, 16:21.

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

last s912_revised.img

Comment

Originally posted by xbones View Post
                        Ok, Got the "Disney +" app from the play store for this ROM. However audio does not work for any language. However I can get sound when choosing to do the English audio with commentary. But English alone has not audio (same with all other languages).

Is this an app thing or possibly a ROM setting?

All other apps have audio without issue.

Thanks,
                        If you enable surround sound it should work. Pulled from DSL forums

Comment

Originally posted by styr View Post

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

last s912_revised.img

Huge thanks. Flashed box with this FW and it's working perfectly for my needs. Runs really well.

Comment

Originally posted by styr View Post
                            please delete
                            Last edited by saku; 12-10-2019, 20:40. Reason: Has posted reply twice somehow. Apologies.

Comment

Hi guys, where i can find s912_revisioned for 2GB ddr3. I have found only s912.img but not the latest with more gpu usage

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post

I have the tx9s I tried all the poison roms and the atv experience roms and they don’t work well with this device

the only rom I found that works almost flawless is the S912 universal firmware Frankenstein rom 3.0 evolution

With this rom I have good gaming performance and perfect frame rate with the videos and streaming

but if you use your box for movies just give Coreelec OS a try,everything works perfect with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X